Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ruined Sway

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ruined Sway

I think I have ruined my sway.

I was successfully on it for about 4 weeks and the past 5 days have been bad and are just getting worse. I have been distracted and not able to make my meals. I have not been eating as many veggies so I find I get hungry more often. I haven't been sleeping and am stress binge eating because we are planning to put an offer on a house this Saturday. Yesterday I ate 75g of protein and today I broke my fast (at at 2am because I can't sleep and was starving) and I feel like I am ruining my sway. I have a few stressful months coming up. Should I just try to go strict and try to DTD next ovulation at week 5 on the diet? Or should I just move on from this crappy few days and start fresh? Or should I keep trying to get to 12 weeks and just consider these days my "cheats"? The past week I haven't been able to go for walks either. Can I still salvage my sway if I go strict the remaining 8 weeks? Im just not sure if I should keep going, try to DTD now, or start my 12 week diet all over again from scratch! Please help! any advice appreciated!!
    Lucky wife to my DH and lucky mom to two sweet boys
    Ready for a pink sway

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am just thinking of how to recover. I ate last at 2am so maybe Ill fast until 2pm the next day. So maybe for today I will take a higher limit and at 2pm have a big salad and soup and then for dinner Ill have a wrap with veggies and soup/salad. just to recover.

This is going to be a very very very stressful month for me. I am even thinking of preplanning my meals and having them ready to grab is maybe the best idea for me. I think trying to get to 12 weeks isa good idea.
    Ready for a pink sway

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Breathe. You have a lot going on right now. Remember that we can have cheats! Going over on protein a day or two and having a snack so you can sleep better are not deal breakers! It's going to be ok, and you have not ruined your sway.

I would say to get you through, I would bump up your calories so you won't get so hungry. Plan on having a small snack before going to bed until all of this passes. I wouldn't postpone your attempt unless you find you are simply too stressed. Keep in mind though, we never know how long it will take to get pregnant and all of this may have needed to happen in order for you to get pregnant anyway.

FX and GL to you!

DS1, DS2, & DS3
    One last pink sway 2016
    My Ovulation Chart

4. Likes Erin514 liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Agree with XXforhubby! Re: whether to postpone your attempt or not, you need to give some serious thought to how you'll feel if you get a bfp this cycle. If you're going to lose your mind worrying your sway wasn't good enough, then just wait a bit. If you're in a hurry to get pregnant, then have an attempt anyway.

A "perfect" sway can't garuntee you a girl, so it's all about deciding how much you are reasonably able/willing to do to shift the odds, and being satisfied with your decisions.
    Surprise 2012. FGD sway opposite 2015
    Jan. 2017 (swayed pink).
    LE sway opposite 2017

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am no longer in a hurry since there is so much going on it might be best (regardless of gender) for us to wait a few more months and get a handle on our stress. I just am not feeling the best on the low protein diet anymore and when i stress i binge eat and I wish i was already pregnant and could eat whatever lol. Its okay one thing at a time.
    Ready for a pink sway

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Move on from these few days and regroup. STill try to get to 12 weeks from here. You don't need to be super strict, just regroup and get back to what you were doing before.

It would be a big step in the wrong direction to make a teeny mistake on diet and then TTC at 5 weeks.

DO NOT start trying for massively long fasts or going super strict to make up for a cheat. All that does is make it harder to stick to and you end up cheating more that way.

I think it's better for you to up calories and not protein, though.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've had about a week of cheating. All stress related. Today we found out that we didn't get the house and although I'm sad I'm relieved that I'm not longer stressed and full of anticipation. When we left the appointment I had pizza pizza and grilled cheese when I got home. I don't even want to count the protein in all that. I didn't just have 1 grilled cheese either. I've pushed my ttc month to aug or sept.

So your advice is to carry on like this week never happened?
    Oh plus DS is starting teething. Fun.
    Ready for a pink sway

9. Thanks ICB3 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh hang in there! A week isn't that bad. If it will make you feel better, you can wait to TTC. If you want to try then go for it. The thing is no one knows just how long it will take to get pregnant.

Teething isn't fun. My DS3 is starting too. I can feel that sharp little tooth about to pop out! Hang in there!

DS1, DS2, & DS3
    One last pink sway 2016
    My Ovulation Chart

11. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, just carry on like this has never happened.

Psychologically (and this is coming from a long time dieter here, it's true on all diets, not only LE Diet!) when you get too strict, you set yourself up for binging like you have done. You think "Well, I've ruined everything anyway, I may as well have everything I want" and that ends up, all too often, as a massive quantity of food. What I want you to do from here on in is NOT be super strict and give yourself permisssion to cheat as needed. Instead of having pizza and grilled cheese plural, decide what it is you really want, and eat that, without guilt or feeling like you're breaking any rules. That way, it removes that panicky feeling that your body gets where it's like you have to have everything RIGHT THIS MINUTE or you can never have it again, if that makes sense. If you want a grilled cheese, that's totally fine, you can have one whenever you want, so there's no need to eat 3 of them. If you want a brownie for dessert, cool. Have a small one. There's a huge difference in 3 grilled cheeses and a half a pan of brownies, than one grilled cheese and one small brownie. It's that panicky "I can never eat this again" feeling that makes you want to overeat.

I also want to be sure you understand that if you're in the limits, then you're NOT cheating anyway. A grilled cheese or pizza or brownie can completely fit in LE limits without even being a cheat!!! If you're dying for a burger, have one, a small one. It's better than trying to fill up on craisins, rice cakes, and Crystal Light and then eating so many of them that you decide the day is ruined anyway and eating a huge bacon burger on top of it.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you so much Atomic. I needed to hear that. Can you tell me again what limits you suggest i stick to? I had a conversation with DH tonight that I am sick of eating the same foods on the LE diet and lets just try to conceive next week and be done with it. But I took a second look on this thread and you have convinced me to wait it out to get to my 12 weeks. So, 12 weeks will take me to July 21st so my next ovulation after that will be when I begin TTC.

Based on this thread... what limits do you recommend for me and how often do you recommend I do my hour of cardio? With Cardio I'm also in an all of nothing mentality so either i do nothing all week or for a few days or ill go everyday. Lately with all the stress I haven't been going at all. today i only did 30 minutes as it got cut short.
    Ready for a pink sway

14. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast