Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Sodium Double Check

I just want to double check that Sodium is not a huge swaying factor. I have tried to keep my sodium as low as possible but I am realizing that I might be on the diet longer than expected and I therefore want to open up more food choices, which means more 'high sodium foods'. I know low calories, low fat, low protein, cardio, no snacking are the most important parts of the sway but i just want to double double triple check before I start eating a ton of sodium.

Oh also, should I try to slightly make lower sodium choices or just not even pay attention to it at all? I am just worried I might be eating 6000mg of sodium a day if I do not monitor at all, and this might in fact be a problem if its that extreme. I would really like to eat more processed convenient low fat and calorie foods without tracking everything tho. I am no longer tracking my fat, calories or protein and to stop paying attention to sodium would be awesome too!

Guess I am looking just looking for the go ahead so I don't feel guilty haha

Thanks!
    Lucky wife to my DH and lucky mom to two sweet boys
    Ready for a pink sway

2. Thanks mummy2boys, Complex Emotions thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Nope, not a factor at all IMO.

Biologically and logically LOL it does not make any sense because your body tightly regulates the levels of sodium in the body, excreting it when there is excess and saving more from your foods when you are not getting enough. The levels never ever change, it's called "sodium homeostasis". Those of African descent who actually carry a gene that makes them retain more sodium than those of other cultures do and they have more daughters conceived statistically. And logically, it simply cannot be true because people eat tons of salt everywhere all around the world and the gender ratio does not change. Literally NO ONE is eating 700 mg of salt and yet that is supposed to be the reason people have girls - just makes no sense. Historically people ate tons of the stuff and people were even PAID in salt!

Once we stopped stressing about sodium our results have only gone up. I only keep it in the mix because it is possible to do it without killing yourself or cutting odds of conception but it just can't be true.

I do want to reiterate that the reason why we track fat, cals, and protein is primarily to make sure you get enough - so do be keeping an eye out for cutting back TOO far. People start off thinking they can get by without tracking and then tend to get more restrictive over time so just be sure you're not doing that.

If anything, high sodium intake probably sways pink because it may not be great for health. I don't recommend eating gobs of sodium for anyone, pink or blue, as a sway tactic, but I do not think that high sodium intake harms a pink sway at all and in fact many of my blue sway opposites (esp. the first year of the site) were among the people who insisted on eating tons of sodium.
    Last edited by atomic sagebrush; June 30th, 2016 at 01:08 PM.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

4. Thanks LinzNicuRN thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you Atomic. Good to know!!!
    Lucky wife to my DH and lucky mom to two sweet boys
    Ready for a pink sway

6. Thanks LinzNicuRN thanked for this post