Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Clomid and metformin

New here and had a couple questions. TTC a girl sometime this summer. I've always ovulated late(like anywhere between day 24-35). Had no problems conceiving my son, but I was worried my long cycles could be caused by pcos. Decided to go into my doctor to see if she'd give me clomid because I've heard women with pcos have a greater chance of having a boy. She did some tests and my testosterone was high, two weeks later she tested again and my testosterone levels were normal. My ultrasound was also normal. Glucose test was normal. I asked her if she thought I had PCOS and she said I might, but don't have the typical symptoms(excessive hair growth, months between periods, excessive weight gain, etc). She told me my thyroid levels were on the high side of normal so she referred me to endocrinologist. He prescribed me levothyroxine to help with hypothyroidism. He also gave me metformin, but he didn't do any tests first, just assumed I had PCOS. I'm torn because I've heard metformin sways girl, but I just wonder if I really need it considering my gyno wasn't positive I have pcos and I ovulate on my my own? Should I take both clomid and metformin? If I don't have PCOS would taking either of these drugs be a problem? Or should I just assume I have PCOS because what else would cause me to have longer cycles?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi and welcome!!

PCOS is a continuum. You can have tendencies that direction without having it full blown and that sounds to me like where you're at. A lot of people with PCO tendencies also have hypothyroid. If your diet and lifestyle had supported it strongly enough you probably would have PCOS.

Taking metformin and Clomid will only help your sway. They are both very safe medications and are fine to take even if you do not have full blown PCOS. (recent data seems to indicate metformin may even help people live longer!!)
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok thanks! Just struggling to make decisions right now and overthinking. I got a positive opk today, and my husband wants to try, but I'm thinking I want to wait till next month so I can take the clomid and metformin first. I think if I end up with a boy I'll feel better at least having tried them in my sway instead of wondering what if

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I always recommend holding out for Clomid if you can stand to.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ