Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

QUICK Girls Sway Advice

Hello! New here and wish I had found you all sooner!

I'm the mom of 2 beautiful boys and have JUST convinced hubby to try for #3 and would love to sway pink. I read the Shettles book at the recommendation of a friend (3 boys + 1 girl with a shettles sway for her) and planned to follow it, but now that I've read more I'm realizing there's a lot more options than that That being said we are planning to start TTC this month (!!) and would like to get pregnant within 3 cycles if at all possible (for various reasons sooner than later is important to us!). So I know I'm late to the game here... now some details:

1. Conceived my older son with 1 time BD that in hindsight seems to have been on ovulation day. This was totally by chance, but my cycle was super irregular (45-60 day cycles) coming off years of birth control and we were trying to abstain or use condoms waiting for regular cycle, but clearly had 1 slip that happened to be on a key day Worked out for the best as conception was a happy/easy surprise and our big guy is the best!
    2. Conceived younger son after first cycle following breastfeeding for a year (never got cycle while BFing or until about 3 months after fully weaned) - BD daily through day of ovulation I believe. Right before ovulation was diagnosed with bacterial vaginosis and was using metrogel (but continued to BD an extra day or so since we were TTC). Guessing this may have been an unintentional boy sway with pH and medication? Again conceived first month trying.

So with both boys I think we BD on day of ovulation and with one of them I am guessing my pH was way off from the BV. So the big things I thought of when swaying pink were timing with a cutoff AND trying to keep pH low.

Now here's why I say a QUICK sway - we're planning to TTC this month and all I was initially planning was Shettles (loosely because my cycle is not very predictable which is hard for the Shettles girl method) so now I want to layer on a few other easy/quick girl sways just to up our odds. I know the diet is big, but I'm a little late for that (and honestly I'm not sure I could do it due to some health issues - my doctor would definitely advise not to). So hoping you gals can help me with a few 'quick wins' just to tip the odds in my favor, which not discouraging conception TOO much

Current plan:
    Attempt a 2-3 day cutoff (since I believe both boys were on or within 1 day of ovulation)
    Just bought Sylk to use as lube (have used KY in past)
    Just bought Rephresh to use - have never used it before so may try it now (cycle day 7) to be sure I don't have any reaction before using for BD attempt
    Plan to have hubby do a hot shower before BD and the frequent release (ie ejaculate once or twice that day before BD)
    Taking Calcium and Magnesium
    Will attempt to limit potassium and sodium as much as I can easily do starting now (cycle day 7)
    Will attempt to exercise and eat lighter diet than usual and lose a pound or two if I can

What do you think of this plan? Any flaws in the above? Any quick/easy things I can implement within the next week or so (or for next cycle if this one doesn't happen for us?)?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The single most last minute thing you can do is stick with one attempt. For reasons we do not understand one attempt has been very consistently effective for us. Resist the temptation to add in attempts - do timing if you like, but do not do timing with several attempts.

Please be VERY careful with your potassium. You NEED 2500 mg potassium minimum to survive (really) and I hate to see you guys suddenly limit potassium because you can keel over dead from lack of potassium. Be sure you are getting 2500 mg and this is the same recommendation the mineral balancing diets make.

I suspect you have a misconception of what LE Diet really even is so if you wish, please tell me the reasons you think the LE Diet is unhealthy and your doctor would not "allow" you to use it. The LE Diet is based on the World Health Organization's recommendations for a healthy prepregnancy diet for women of childbearing age and many people do not understand that it is by far the healthiest and safest sway diet there is.

Hi and welcome by the way!! Glad you found us!!!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm in the same boat! Just found this site and am ttc baby #2 this cycle. We tried last cycle but I went with Shettles (that's all I knew at the time) and a 3 day cut off but BFN so starting over. I have about 18 days until ovulation and I need quick advice as well. I started the LE diet today, but before that I had lost 20+ lbs in the past 7 months, so I'm hoping that maybe that counts for something since I can't do the diet long before this attempt.

Do you recommend one attempt right at +opk? I was reading some things on here and it made it sound like bd everyday through ovulation was a good idea to sway pink. I'm a little confused. Should we totally abstain before the one attempt? My son was conceived with attempts at o-5, o-4, o-3, and o-1. Thank you!

4. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi and welcome Puggle.

BD thru O may have possibly swayed pink for some people whose husbands have lower sperm count (because by the time the egg finally shows up they are shooting nothing but dust and low sperm numbers sways pink) but I NEVER ever ever recommend it for anyone esp. those of us with lots o boys because our husbands can shake that off and their testicles actually laugh at us LOL.

The attempt pattern with your son was very blue friendly. Don't do that again.

One attempt regardless of whether your husband was abstaining or releasing on his own has been very good results. No matter what the timing or the release pattern, somehow, for reasons we can only guess at, the one attempt in your fertile window (especially O-3 thru O Day) has been really very successful for pink.

6. Likes XXforhubby liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you so much for the response and advice! I will be sure to get enough potassium! and you're totally right that I hadn't read enough about the diet - and I didn't mean to say it's unhealthy -- I meant it to say that I have some
    Personal health issues that I worried would cause the diet not to work for me. But mostly I'm trying to implement as much of it as I can for as last minute as I know I am!

So with the single attempt it sounds like timing is less important. I did have my older son with a single attempt on O day so I was nervous - although we weren't abstaining before the attempt (just using condoms - and then attempt itself was unintentional haha) so that could make a difference.

Ok so one attempt with either abstaining or frequent release before. We will still shoot for a cutoff but maybe 2 day instead of 3. I tried Rephresh just as a test run this week and had no issues with it so will like try using it the day before the attempt since I think ph came into play with my second son!

Thank you so much for all the great insight, research and advice!!!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No not at all, I just wanted to be sure and the diet is endlessly flexible and can be tweaked for lots of different scenarios.