Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Need help reorganizing my brain.

So I have recently switched to night shift at my hospital. 3 days on and 4 off and not always consecutively... My problem is that I am having a hard time figuring out when to eat and when to drink alcohol when I sometimes get home at 8 am and sometimes I am sleeping normal. I know that probably doesn't make much sense but my schedule and eating habits are becoming different each day. I'll finally get into a routine then I'm back on the opposite schedule. I can't wrap my brain around a 15 hour fast when I am always eating at different times of the day.

Example: I am at work now and it's 1145pm here. Today I ate breakfast at 8am because I was starving and skipped dinner last night. Then I went to sleep for a few hours and got up around 5pm. Ate dinner at 9pm. So technically I only went 13 hours fasting... Ugh I need help!

Anyone else work night shift but switch back to day routine on days off? If so how do you sway girl?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DS112
    DS23
    DS31

1st and only cycle with SIRM dallas: Canceled due to low response. Only 2 follicles. Dr. does not recommend another cycle and we do not have the heart nor the funds for a second opinion.

Moving on to swaying a praying! Hopefully there is a beautiful pink bundle in our future but if not, at least we make pretty boys

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Need help reorganizing my brain.

I am a nurse and work night shift also. A lot of times I won't drink after I work, occasionally I will have a beer when I get home in the morn (sometimes you need a drink at the "end" of the day)

On the days after work, I usually go straight to bed and don't eat when I get home. A lot of times I will eat a very small supper with my family, and then I eat lunch at work at 1 am. So the days that I work I actually do a lot better with my fasting because I usually only eat one main meal.

The days that I am home in between working I flip back to a normal schedule, so I eat a pop tart on the way to the gym in the morning (otherwise I feel like I am going to be sick on the elliptical, plus it gets me going and out of bed), I eat one big meal, either lunch or supper, and the other is smaller. What actually ends up happening is I tell myself I am going to skip lunch or supper but then I end up eating while I am making food for my kids lol. So I call that my "small meal" haha.

If I was off the night before but work the next night, say I am off Sunday and work Monday night for example, I do the same as I do on a regular day on Monday but I try to skip dinner since I will be eating lunch at 1 am.

My days are clustered together, so I work 2 days then have 3 days off, then work 4 days and after that I have 5 days off, then my schedule starts over. It seems to help to have a clustered schedule, both with sleeping and eating. What I do struggle with is temping when you work night shift...do you do temp charting?

Last edited by jdd1017; July 28th, 2016 at 07:29 AM.
    - 2010, - 2014, TTC 2016

3. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks jdd! That does help a lot. I don't temp. I tried with my last pregnancy and just never really got very good at it! I have a hard enough time pinpointing my O when using OPKs. I just never seem to get a positive! I feel like that's one of the main reasons I haven't conceived yet. It's either that or I have succeeded in majorly decreasing my fertility! I'm thinking of going every 4 days this next cycle to see if my odds increase...

DS112
    DS23
    DS31

1st and only cycle with SIRM dallas: Canceled due to low response. Only 2 follicles. Dr. does not recommend another cycle and we do not have the heart nor the funds for a second opinion.

Moving on to swaying a praying! Hopefully there is a beautiful pink bundle in our future but if not, at least we make pretty boys

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That will only HELP your pink sway. It probably sways pinker than skipping breakfast anyway. I think first and foremost you need to eat to keep yourself going and your patients safe. The other day I was grocery shopping when I was hungry and left my wallet at the checkout aisle 2 hours away from my home and had to go back to get it the next day. Please eat when you need to because your brain requires glucose to function.

12 hour fast is fine. Please eat when you need to without worrying about your sway.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ