Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello, 3 months til TTC girl after 3 boys, help me be prepared!

Hi pink swayers! I am new to posting here but not new to swaying. I have 3 lovely little boys (ages 6, 4, 1) but would loooooove our 4th and final baby to be a little girl. My youngest guy came from a failed sway so I'm looking closely at what I did that time and what I could possibly do differently this time to add that much-needed pink to our family! I was a member over at IG before I got pg with him and can post my sway from that time below. I'm trying to brainstorm what I can do differently NOW to be as prepared as possible when we TTC in the new year, I think we'll be trying first thing in January. A little about me, I'll be 30 next month, hubby is 40, we live in Canada. I am planning to get on a girl-friendly diet in the next month or so but trying to eliminate some big no's right away. This I think will be my biggest challenge as I work most days with weird lunch breaks however not eating before 10:30 or later should not be a problem at all! I have vitex and saw palmetto that I want to try this time around as I never did those in the past (my vitex arrived the week after I got the BFP last time, grrr). Looking into additional supps (cal/mag, not sure what else, definitely sticking with my probiotic and biotin and ultra cran that I take currently though). Planning on using different timing and going with a 2 or 3-day cutoff (previous times were basically all DTD on O day, last time I aimed for O+12). Wondering if I should try for an abstain from AF-attempt, or do FR from end of AF right til attempt still with the 2/3day cutoff. Taking hubby's age into account however his swimmers are on steroids I swear because all 3 of my boys were conceived after just 1 or 2 cycles trying. I know the season will be against me (trying in Jan), unsure of moon phase. I'm on cycle day 2 currently and my cycles are normally 27-28 days (with O on day 14/15). I don't temp and don't think it would be accurate anyhow because my kids still get up at night 99% of the time and right now I'm still bfing my 1yo. Planning to have DH have a hot bath before attempt as that looks like it has a good track record. Yikes, I just really want to do the right things this time and feel like I did all I could to sway and get the girl of my dreams...

Anyhow, my previous sway is posted here:

NAME - femmedeviant
    Gender Resulted -unknown (anatomy scan Jan 7 will hopefully find out)
    Swaying Attempt - Natural, EGS (TBM, SU, GDC, MSU), High Tech (IUI, IUI/MS), details? -natural/splime

PH
    CM Ph 4-5
    DH Ph checked a few times, looked like a 8-9
    Douche type and when lime douche 1hr before attempts
    Replens and when no
    Big O no

MINERALS
    Calcium increased calcium intake (yogurt, milk, cheese etc)
    Magnesium no
    Potassium -no
    Sodium -I don't put salt on anything and tried to cut out anything extra salty
    DH minerals -no (stubborn!)

DIET
    Dietary Changes -stayed away from big no no's, aimed to increase calcium products
    Did you continue diet after attempt/ how long? -stayed away from big no's for a few more days, otherwise no
    Caffeine -no caffeine
    DH caffeine -just in cola some days

HORMONES
    Drinks

-guzzled Crystal Light (and Walmart brand with aspartame), milk, some herbal teas
    Supplements -

SUPPLEMENTS
    Cranberry -yes, 18, 000 Super Cranberry per day (an extra one before and after BD to try to keep pH low)
    Acidophilus -no
    Sudafed -no
    Others -folic acid, vitamin C daily
    DH supps -no

TIMING
    BD cutoff (# of days) -no
    BD thru O -yes
    O+12 -no
    Frequent BD/how many days -4 I think
    Charting O with Temp -no
    Charting O with OPK -yes
    Fertility monitor used/type -cheapies
    Suspected O date -Aug 27, 2014

IONS
    Oed in what moon phase -2 days after new moon
    Changed ions in other ways? -outside lots, swimming in lake, playing with kids at splash park, running outside, not using computer/phone as much, wore pink quartz bracelet, ionic hair dryer, lightning storm a day or 2 before O

OTHER
    How many kids do you have? -2
    What gender(s)? -boys
    # of months TTC -1 month each time
    Your Age -28
    BD position -doggy but I had DH do shallow release
    Jump and dump -yes, after DH released I j&d into an Instead cup, checked pH and added splime til the mixture reached a pH of just over 4, then inserted for the night.
    EWCM present/how much? -None, I did a lime douche to wash any ewcm away then kept my pH between 4-5 with the lime solution, cranberry supps and vit. C, this prevented any noticeable ewcm.
    DH undies type -DH goes commando!!
    DH hot bath/shower -no
    OWT - anything under bed? -Wooden spoon under bed!

COMMENTS?

-
    This month ttc I really wanted to try spliming to keep mine and DH's combined pH low. I prepared the night I got a positive OPK and we decided to make an attempt by doing the lime douche, taking extra cranberry and vit. C supps. Did a jump & dump into an Instead cup and used the douche solution (about 4:1 water to lime mixed to a pH of about 3.5) to lower the combined pH to as close to 4 as I could get. Inserted and left it in overnight. In the morning I did a total lime douche again to clear out anything from that attempt and start fresh for attempt #2 later that day. Did the same method, inserting for the night again. This was Weds. night that I was supposed to O and I believe I overdid the lime and ended up giving myself a UTI. I ended up on antibiotics that Friday (2 days after attempts) which I really hope didn't affect my sway, as antibiotics sway boy. I'd think that since I did get pregnant from that attempt though that the lucky sperm would have made it to the egg before I started antibiotics though. We'll find out in January with the anatomy scan and until then I'll hope for pink, but really if a boy is what we end up with, he must be meant to be there after all I did to sway pink!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey and welcome. I also have swayed pink and am currently 7 weeks pregnant, so will find out in the future it worked.

Most on this site don't pay attention to ph, as lots including atomic have gotten boys with what would be perfect girl ph. We are also doing number of attempts not timing, so most pink swayers are either doing one attempt at positive OPK, most pink friendly approach or every 4 days or every 3 days. Your aiming for one attempt in your fertile window, shettles has been largely debunked but some wise people have suggested that it may have worked for some people because having a few days cut off meant they ended up with one attempt, which is what swayed rather than the cut off. I myself have two shettles opposites a girl conceived with multiple attempts around ovulation and a ds conceived with one attempt 3 days before ovulation.
    I think you need to drop the ca and mag supps and some for the others.
    What has worked best is le diet (1500- 1800 calories and if your breast feeding defo at the higher end) fat no more than 60g and protein not over 50g ( I think someone else will correct me if am wrong it maybe 50 g of fat and 40 g of protein ) for over 12 weeks, cardio for one hour 6-7 days per week. Adding coffee ( 3 serving) and alcohol daily.Good luck and pink dust x

3. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello, 3 months til TTC girl after 3 boys, help me be prepared!

Welcome Fem. cal/mag and probiotic all sway heavy boy so lose those.

Most important is to do the LE diet for at least 12 weeks before you TTC. A lot of ladies go vegetarian to stay within LE limits so you might want to consider that and get your fill of meat before you start the diet.
    Last edited by GirlieCat; September 25th, 2016 at 10:46 PM.
    Pregnant with baby GIRL #2, due August 2019
    Successful girl sway, born in 2017.

5. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree with what others have said--drop cal/mag and don't worry about pH. My second boy was a failed French gender diet sway and I was eating so much dairy plus taking cal/mag. After reading the info on this site I now see how that got me a boy!

I think the most current techniques on here that seem effective are LE diet for 12+ weeks, 60 minutes of cardio at least 4-5 times per week, single attempt in fertile window, and daily coffee and alcohol. The other stuff is just frills. Good luck!
    Surprise 2012. FGD sway opposite 2015
    Jan. 2017 (swayed pink).
    LE sway opposite 2017

7. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi and welcome, this is just a teensy bit long so if someone could give this a bump for me I'd really appreciate it.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

9. Likes Pink Pony liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the info ladies! I'm trying to read up on the faq and info, the diet actually looks awesome to me, totally something I feel I could stick with as it's not nearly as restrictive as I had anticipated! I've read conflicting info on probiotics, and am incredibly prone to UTIs (last time I swayed with lime I gave myself a horrendous UTI that cycle followed by a yeast infection a couple months later!!) so I will be sticking with that at least for now. I won't bother picking up cal or mag then! I could easily drop or cut out meat and go veggie for a while. I do love my dairy foods but drink coconut or cashew/almond milk instead of cow's. I logged into MyFitnessPal today for the first time since last spring! So will be tracking my intake on there. I'm going to try very hard to get in lots of exercise, I have a fair amount of weight to lose anyways so that'll be good. I'm not a coffee drinker but like iced coffee so will start making that daily, yum! Thanks for the tips, I can't wait to get things going, come on January lol!

11. Likes atomic sagebrush, Mrsbaz007 liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Bumping thread for Atomic
    2004: 2011

Dreaming of pink

13. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Birthday bump! My big boy is 6 today! I've been trying to stick with the LE diet this past week, while still learning more about it! It seems to be going great so far and I've dropped 4lbs in the last week, not trying to get a huge start on the weight loss as I don't want to plateau when it's attempt time in Jan! I'm finding it really easy to stick with as far as eating infrequently (my job makes it easy to wait til 11:30-12pm or sometimes even later to eat, and I'm just having a healthy smoothie at that time), supper then I've been having a snack but trying to have it with my supper also to avoid an extra sugar spike. I'm going to pick up coffee and dust off the coffeepot! And it'll be nice to 'need' to have an alcoholic drink after the kiddos are in bed! So far so good. The only thing I am having trouble keeping under control has been sodium but tracking with MFP makes me realize where I'm getting lots of sodium in the least expected places! Little slices of pepperoni clocking in at nearly 100mg each, yikes! Thinking of looking into lower sodium options for some of these things I enjoy but have way too much in them!
    Me (30) + Him (41) = 2010 2012 2015
    BFP March 12 2017, our dream GIRL is on her way! due November 21 2017

15. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks so much for your patience, this has been a really bad week for me.

A lot of us on here are "IG refugees" who got opposites with IG sways and then had success with a few changes so I'll go over them real quick. Please let me know if I miss anything as this is a little bit long.

1)Personally, I'm not a believer in calcium/minerals after getting two boys taking calcium and then dropping it and getting a girl, but if you are, that's up to you - but please do cal-mag in supp form and do not increase dairy intake as there are a lot of nutrients in dairy foods and high nutrient intake overall sways blue.

2)The idea that caffeine sways blue has been debunked about as totally as it is possible to debunk something and we are getting really high success with coffee so I would def. have you and DH add that in.

3)Number of attempts - for reasons we don't know, one attempt has been swaying strongly pink so I would have you aim for that. Timing does not sway, but if you must use it I urge you to aim at 2 days before O because that's better odds of conception with one attempt than a 3 day cutoff.

4)No abstain for a 40 year old. Not safe.

5)IG is completely wrong on months, if anything Jan-Feb are probably pink friendly and there is likely a girl peak of conceptions that gradually builds up into the "peak" months of Mar-May.

6)Most of us totally gave up sodium restriction and our results only went up. I got my girl with DH and I eating tons of it after our 4th boy where I was limiting it

7)I have suspicions that the crazy Crystal-light drinking may possibly sway blue for some people (since autoimmune sways blue, and some believe aspartame causes autoimmune disorders to flare up, this may be backfiring on some of us) I got my girl without it after my 4th boy drinking it. If you must use it keep it to 2-3 servings max.

8)Probiotics swayed strongly blue for us. We no longer use them for pink at all. If you need them for health that's one thing but I just can't sign off on them.

9) I really believe with every fiber of my being, after observing gobs of sways for the past 8 years, that these really complex sways make people have boys. All the mixing and measuruing and testing and charting does something to us that sways blue - I can only guess at what that is, but the point is that we get great results with a much simplified sway.

10) if at all possible I strongly recommend adding in cardio exercise as that has gotten great results for us. 60 minutes, 6-7 days a week if you can, 4-5 days a week if you can't quite get up to 6-7 days.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Re milk replacers - you can still have cows milk in the diet totals for the day - it's just best not to treat it like a free food in the way that the FGD does, because that kind of dairy intake ends up adding tons of other nutrients to your diet.

Most milk replacers have added nutrients in them anyway so my thinking is for you guys to just eat what you like.