Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Vitex VS Lydia Pinkham

We will be TTC #3 around January/February and I'm really really really hoping for a girl so I'd like to get things started.

Any stats on what's better for a girl - Lydia Pinkham or Vitex? Should you take both or choose one? I thought I read somewhere not to take both.

My cycles aren't crazy and I don't want to completely mess them up. They are just a tad longer...32-38 days (before baby#2, they were always a perfect 28 days) and I seem to O a bit late already.

Thanks!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know nothing about Lydia Pinkham, but there is a whole (very long) thread on vitex that you can find through the index, and it has a lot of interesting info and people who shared their experiences. I think the general consensus on vitex now seems to be that if your cycles are normal, don't bother taking it because you might shoot yourself in the foot and mess them up without really getting much (if any) benefit for a pink sway. Some people also described really weird side effects.
    Personally, I have been taking vitex in a 2-week on, rest of cycle off pattern for about four months now and I intend to keep it in my sway because it restored normal 28-30-day cycles for me, but I had no post-partum cycles when I started, so I had nothing to lose by trying.
    Surprise 2012. FGD sway opposite 2015
    Jan. 2017 (swayed pink).
    LE sway opposite 2017

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I do not recommend Lydia Pinkham for ANYONE. There are components in it that sway blue and other things that are not safe at all for premenopausal women and particularly those TTC.

We have tracked our results on vitex and while I do think it sways pink and I also do think it helped me with my successful sway, it has also made people's cycles go really wacky. The results were quite disappointing as well; while it was higher than 50-50, it was much lower than the overall success rates of the site with more people getting girls without taking it than with it. You may want to give it a try for a cycle or two and see how it goes, you have the time to spare giving it amonth or two with the vitex. The nice thing is, it can work in your favor even if you are no longer taking it actively when you TTC so taking it a few months now may still help a sway when Jan/FEb roll around even if you decide not to take it then.

I am no longer using it at all for most people over 35 as it has really cut odds of conception for them.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I do not recommend Lydia Pinkham for ANYONE. There are components in it that sway blue and other things that are not safe at all for premenopausal women and particularly those TTC.

We have tracked our results on vitex and while I do think it sways pink and I also do think it helped me with my successful sway, it has also made people's cycles go really wacky. The results were quite disappointing as well; while it was higher than 50-50, it was much lower than the overall success rates of the site with more people getting girls without taking it than with it. You may want to give it a try for a cycle or two and see how it goes, you have the time to spare giving it amonth or two with the vitex. The nice thing is, it can work in your favor even if you are no longer taking it actively when you TTC so taking it a few months now may still help a sway when Jan/FEb roll around even if you decide not to take it then.

I am no longer using it at all for most people over 35 as it has really cut odds of conception for them.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ