Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Two Questions

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Two Questions

So sorry if I've missed the answers somewhere on the site (lots of reading!)

1. TMI, but is it just the antihistamine that dries up ewcm, or something else in the diet? I am soaking at ov time (sorry!).

2. Is the fibre just to keep regular or does it have another purpose for swaying? If I'm doing PCOS style (I don't have PCOS, but autoimmune in family & not happy to do the white carb stuff), do I need the supplements?

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    1. Antihistamines can be used to dry up CM, but drastically cut the odds of conception.
    2. It's a sway tactic, not about regularity. The way I understand it, it can help decrease your absorption of fat soluble nutrients. It's taken before heavy meals, and I've always seen atomic suggest taking less than the instructions say.
    K 2012 C 2014 Baby C Nov 2017

3. Thanks lucyandboys thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Foxtrotmama can I ask, if you know, how does antihistamines cut your odds of conception ... I was taking them on my last failed attempt from af to o .. thanks x

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you so much for that!

I've just realised why more than usual ewcm this time, seem to have a yeast infection. Can't believe it, haven't had one since pg with ds3 many years ago. I've only been on the diet a few weeks now, but wanted to start ttc in 3 months. Would it spoil diet to take a load of probiotics/garlic etc just this month?

Gah.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Amelia, you need CM to move the sperm along to get to the egg. If you dry it up then the sperm can't move as good, thus cutting odds of conception.
    Pregnant with baby GIRL #2, due August 2019
    Successful girl sway, born in 2017.

7. Likes amelia10 liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Like GirlieCat said, if there's no CM at all, the sperm have no way to get in. Anything that drastically decreases CM also cuts your odds of conception.

I don't think garlic on it's own would do anything but probiotics are used a part of many blue sways. I think you're probably fine to use them three months out though.
    K 2012 C 2014 Baby C Nov 2017

9. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Diet and exercise also dry up CM. Antihistamines may help too but have gotten neutral results (not seeming to help or hurt a sway) and also do cut odds of conception. We do have some ways to add more drying agents into the sway if need be (either taking a slightly higher dose of cetirizine OR adding diphenhydramine to cetirizine LMK if you want the dose info)

Fiber is to absorb fats and fat soluble nutrients. If you're eating whole grains and fruit and veg, I do still think a small amount of fiber can help, but you don't have to if you'd rather not. Doesn't make or break a sway (I did not take them with my successful sway)
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by lucyandboys View Post
    Thank you so much for that!

I've just realised why more than usual ewcm this time, seem to have a yeast infection. Can't believe it, haven't had one since pg with ds3 many years ago. I've only been on the diet a few weeks now, but wanted to start ttc in 3 months. Would it spoil diet to take a load of probiotics/garlic etc just this month?

Gah.
    Taking probiotics is not the fastest way to get rid of the stuff because it actually has to set up shop in your guts and then grow all the way from your guts to you VJ (takes forever) - try instead using a small amount of unsweetened yogurt with the natural cultures in it as a vag cream (even a little inside) after you've done treatment for the YI, this will help recolonize the area with the "good guys".

Garlic is ok in small amounts, I personally don't think it really sways blue but it's just that it's easy enough to avoid so I figure, eh, let's skip it just in case. I have found (I am really promoting weird cures today, LOL) that a clove of garlic, peeled and slightly squashed a bit just to slightly break the skin a bit, inserted in your VJ for a couple hours really helps get rid of the YI without the cream if you don't have any on hand, and then follow up with the yogurt as described above. Eating some garlic for a day or two won't hurt anything either.

12. Thanks lucyandboys thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by amelia10 View Post
    Foxtrotmama can I ask, if you know, how does antihistamines cut your odds of conception ... I was taking them on my last failed attempt from af to o .. thanks x

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk
    Because you need some EWCM for sperm to survive in and swim through in order to get to the egg, and also because the egg itself needs fluid to live in and move through the fallopian tubes into the uterus, drying yourself up too much can really lower odds of conception.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I did exactly like you said (garlic & yoghurt) & it worked! Woo hoo, thank you.

15. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast