Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Questions about OPK/BD

Hi,
    I have recently started a sway for a girl. I only started this month so haven't done too much yet. I am breastfeeding and have had my AF 3 times since delivering my son. I have been skipping breakfast, not eating red meat, drink diet pop crystal light and coffee, but haven't followed a diet yet. I have lost a few pounds in the past couple weeks, but still have lots to lose. My SO(42) has been drinking peppermint tea and doing FR 1-3 times a day. We decided to try 1 attempt in my fertile window.
    This was my first month using OPKs and I started testing right after my AF ended because I wasn't sure if/when I ovulate. I started having EWCM on Friday, but was still showing -OPK... My SO and I decided to BD just in case the OPKs weren't working for me (j&d about 5mins after). I still had EWCM on Saturday and a negative OPK (I was using the clear blue with no smiley or a smiley). On Saturday I bought the advanced clear blue with the flashing smiley, so I would have a 4 day window instead, and tried using it at around 2pm and it showed negative. This morning(Sunday) I tested with morning urine(the test says that's best) and it showed a non-flashing smiley face(peak fertility). I never got a flashing one? I also tried the non-advanced clearblue at 2 and it showed negative... I'm not sure what that means? I'm going to try the advanced test again tomorrow when I wake up to see if I still have a positive.
    So my question is, did we BD too far ahead of O? Should we BD again? I had a little bit of EWCM this morning, but since then have had none. I don't want to increase odds of having a boy, so is it best just to see what happens this month and know for next month to use the advanced OPK?
    Thank you

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Something to add... now this morning the regular clear blue OPK tested positive this morning(after being negative yesterday at 2pm) and I can't test with the advanced cb now that it's had a solid smiley. I had a little more EWCM last night but this morning it was just normal cm. Friday, Saturday, and Sunday I had a lot of cramping.
    It's been 3 days tonight since we BD. Should we BD again tonight? Or would that sway boy?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you only just started swaying and you aren't on a deadline TTCing, I'd wait until tomorrow to BD again so that you're 4 days apart with your attempts. Even though you may have missed ovulation this month I would be wary of trying only 3 days apart so soon in your sway. Just my 2¢, though. Do what you are comfortable with! :-)
    Surprise 2012. FGD sway opposite 2015
    Jan. 2017 (swayed pink).
    LE sway opposite 2017

4. Likes Cassidy4 liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok thank you! I was thinking that was best... I think I will get some of the cheaper tests from Amazon for next month because the digital ones are confusing lol

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you missed ovulation this month it's probably better for your sway so you'll have more time on the diet! The best results come from being on the diet at least 12 weeks with second best results being 8-10 weeks I believe.

7. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Likes Cassidy4, Erin514 liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes that's true I'm pretty sure I missed it, so I'm going to make sure I follow the diet really closely to up my chances!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Cassidy

I would probably have another attempt if you haven't already because obviously that many days will be slim chances. But from Friday to Sunday you do still have a shot. I would go ahead today (Tuesday) and have an attempt, that way if the egg did not pop yet, you'll be covered, and if it was earlier then the Fri. attempt would have covered you.

But like the others are saying, there's nothing wrong with sitting the month out with the attempt you've had, either.

The clearblue advanced probably would not have helped you as much as it could have, in the way you used it this month, because it's designed to register changes in your hormones and so you have to use it starting earlier in your cycle - jumping in in the middle can sometimes confuse it. So you missed the "high" fertility readings and it only picked up the "peak".
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

10. Likes Cassidy4 liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you Atomic I didn't realize that's how the advanced ones work! Glad I know for next month. We only just started and aren't in a big rush to get pg so it's ok if this month didn't work out which plan do you suggest is best for a meal plan Atomic? I would like something that's easy to follow and kind of just tells me what to eat and when lol

12. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We have the 21 day diet, it has a lot of recipes and stuff in it.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

14. Likes Cassidy4 liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok thank you, I will check it out

16. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post