Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Questions, Concerns, & Updates

It's been awhile since I've posted and there has been some new developments that require some advice from you lovely ladies (and Atomic! I've missed you !)

My DH told me today that he is open to trying for a fourth child. I'm not sure if he's cancelled his appointment for his vasectomy or not. That will be the true test of his sincerity. I'm not getting my hopes up, but he did this when he finally came around to trying for my DS3.

Any hoo, should I take Clomid again this next cycle if I don't end up pregnant or skip a month? I've taken Clomid for two cycles, 1 50mg from days 3-7 and this one where I took 100mg from days 1-5 (per recommendation from my RE based on my bloodwork). I have 15 more pills left with my current prescription.

I also have an appointment with my RE on the 5th of December and could set up more detailed bloodwork (This time FSH, estrogen, amh, and progesterone). He already mentioned switching me over to Femara, which would mean I would have to wean my DS3 . I'm not to keen on that idea. The information from the bloodwork would be nice, but I'm not interested in other interventions besides Clomid (maybe HCG trigger shot since I gear up to ovulate and finally do much later).

I also need to buckle down on the diet again. The only thing I have going for me besides attempts and Clomid is no snacking and limited meat. I've put on a few pounds by eating more calories and not being able to exercise. I am reeling things in ASAP, since my DH may be fully in board.

What are your thoughts on taking more Clomid or skipping a cycle of it?

Thanks so much
    Last edited by XXforhubby; November 28th, 2016 at 10:17 PM.

2. Likes Pink Pony, atomic sagebrush, sigrid86 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Not sure why my signature didn't show up, but I posted again so my chart can be included.

DS1, DS2, &DS3
    One Last Pink Sway

My Ovulation Chart

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No advice xx, just happy to have u back and thrilled to hear hubby has had a change of heart ��
    2004: 2011

Dreaming of pink

5. Thanks XXforhubby thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What is your thinking with skipping a month?? What is your rationale for one vs the other? Just to give your body a break?

I think 100% the trigger is indicated for you. I completely agree your body "wants" to ovulate and then doesn't.

I am not convinced that Femara for fertility (taken only 5 days) is any issue with breastfeeding. Remember that what it is really used for is breast cancer treatment and endometriosis where women are given it for longer times.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

7. Thanks XXforhubby thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry I don't have any advice about the medication as it's not something I know anything about. But wanted to say am delighted that your husband is open to a fourth, I will keep everything crossed for you, you have certainly been on a roller-coaster with your ttc journey, good luck and I will follow your posts with interest x o

9. Thanks XXforhubby thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    What is your thinking with skipping a month?? What is your rationale for one vs the other? Just to give your body a break?

I think 100% the trigger is indicated for you. I completely agree your body "wants" to ovulate and then doesn't.

I am not convinced that Femara for fertility (taken only 5 days) is any issue with breastfeeding. Remember that what it is really used for is breast cancer treatment and endometriosis where women are given it for longer times.
    I was thinking of giving my body a break, because I can only take it for 3 more cycles before reaching the 6 cycle maximum.

Good to know your thoughts on the trigger shot! Hopefully that will come up.

Dr. Hale says it's contraindicated and Clomid is preferred due to Femara showing up in high amounts in the milk. Clomid shows up in negligible amounts.

We will just have to see how this plays out. One thing I've learned is things often don't work how you think/expect them too.

I'll keep you all posted! Thank you!

DS1, DS2, &DS3
    One Last Pink Sway
    My Ovulation Chart

11. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    XX have you had any scans on clomid to see what your follicles look like prior to ovulation? Like is it working.

For what it's worth I did one round of clomid, didn't get pregnant. Took second cycle off while I waited for day 3 blood work and ultrasound results and that was the cycle I got prego. I believe the clomid was still in my system and helped though because I ovulated earlier that cycle than ever before.
    Pregnant with baby GIRL #2, due August 2019
    Successful girl sway, born in 2017.

13. Thanks XXforhubby thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlieCat View Post
    XX have you had any scans on clomid to see what your follicles look like prior to ovulation? Like is it working.

For what it's worth I did one round of clomid, didn't get pregnant. Took second cycle off while I waited for day 3 blood work and ultrasound results and that was the cycle I got prego. I believe the clomid was still in my system and helped though because I ovulated earlier that cycle than ever before.
    My doctor may order an US, but he hasn't yet. I'm thinking of waiting until the following cycle to take more Clomid to see what my bloodwork shows. I kind of feel like I need something different. I think the trigger shot might be what I need, because I gear up to ovulate to only actually ovulate much later on.

Thanks for sharing you experience! If only I could be so lucky!

DS1, DS2, &DS3
    One Last Pink Sway
    My Ovulation Chart

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I ovulated early the cycle after one clomid cycle but I wasn't breastfeeding so I think that could be why your cycle on clomid before was a bit wacky. I would probably do another clomid after this one and then you could consider a cycle off then.

I had the hcg trigger with my first clomid cycle this year but not the 2nd as I didn't need it. It is worth giving it a try as it would probably help in your case. They can also give you a couple of hcg (pregnyl) shots in the tww to support a longer LP. It added 2 days to mine the cycle I did it.

Sept 2008 Sept 2011 March 2017

16. Thanks XXforhubby thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Trigger can also help with better BD timing so that is another advantage

Sept 2008 Sept 2011 March 2017

18. Thanks XXforhubby thanked for this post
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast