Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

HELP: BD tonight or wait 3 more days? (sorry, posting again!)

Hi,

I also posted this under 'chit chat' but I think that may have been the wrong place...

I am a girl swayer. My custom plan says we should BD every 4 nights from AF onwards, and then again if I get a positive OPK. We decided to BD last night as I had a fresh OPK that was finally dark (I had been watching it 'fade in' the last 3 days, including yesterday morning). So, it was a very fresh positive OPK. It also happened to be our 4th night so the timing worked.

Now again this AM I have another positive OPK. I am worried that this is my 'true/real/legit positive' OPK and yesterday was a false alarm. I think I am just second guessing though...I do think it was positive last night. But now wondering if I ovulate 48 hours that maybe we were too early.

So basically I'm asking: should we BD again or wait til Thursday (4 days from now)?

I have only today really to make this decision. Any thoughts or advice?

Thanks! I feel crazy.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think if you bd last night even if today was your real positive last nights attempt should still be ok. Not sure what others think but another bd tonight might be a bit more blue timing. Ultimately it is up to you. Good luck, wishing you lots of pink dust.

3. Likes GirlieCat liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you so much Kelbear!! Really appreciate it.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would definitely stick with what you've done!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree with Kelbear. You should be covered and in good girl territory with your e4d. Good luck.
    Pregnant with baby GIRL #2, due August 2019
    Successful girl sway, born in 2017.

7. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would have stuck with what you already had too. I stop taking OPKs when I have a clear positive to avoid driving myself nuts.
    K 2012 C 2014 Baby C Nov 2017

9. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm answering this again out here just for anyone who has similar questions. Not to be repetitive.

What I put in your plan was that you could either BD every 4 days, OR because you were in a hurry to get pregnant, you could BD again at positive OPK. This was up to you, either way, depending on what YOU personally want. I wrote this in your Custom Forum and put something very similar in the plan.

Since you want to get pregnant this cycle if at all possible, what I will have you do (and I'll get your plan to you as fast as I can) is have unprotected sex every 4 days and do the OPK, and when you get a positive, have one additional attempt at that time, then continue on with e4d after that attempt too in case of delayed O.

This is NOT one attempt though. It may be slightly more blue friendly but will be better odds of conception.

If you would prefer not to do that, we can just do the every 4 days without the additional attempt. This has been very successful for us and better for conception than the one attempt.

I also wrote this.

I would have you try on the 4th day even without a positive OPK. If you're doing e4d, then you BD every 4 days. Now if you want to add in another attempt at pos. opk, that's fine, but you should still be doing e4d in the meantime.

So, long story short, it is always up to you whether or not to add attempts in this kind of scenario. It just so happened to work out that your e4d fell on the first positive OPK, so today I told you to just stick with that since your attempt lined up very nicely with that positive OPK (lucky!!), but you can always make up your own mind on stuff like this - 2 attempts is probably more blue friendly, but only you can judge your desire for best sway vs. better odds of conception. Some people want to be in with highest odds of conception and may choose to have another attempt, others may prefer the best sway - I can't answer that from here. That's why I give you the two options in order for you to make your own decision about what you personally prefer in any given month, if that makes sense. People who want the best sway will stick with e4d, those who want better chance of conception will add attempt.

RE 48 hours after - That's actually still darn good odds of conception. Both O-1 and O-2 are good odds. Now, if you end up getting to tomorrow and you just don't think the egg has dropped, and you want to have an attempt then, that may be a wise idea because 3 days before O is much lower odds of conception. Totally at your discretion!
    Last edited by atomic sagebrush; December 7th, 2016 at 03:19 PM.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you for your detailed reply Atomic, I appreciate it and am so sorry to hear you are all so sick. I hope you are feeling better. It sounds like a nasty bug.

I guess I still don't understand how I know if my egg has dropped, unless I am doing BBT - which I did start off doing this month, but now we are traveling and I am no longer on it. I did read that if you continue to get positive OPKs for more than 3 days something could be wrong, or your egg could be delayed dropping. Is this true?

We will BD tomorrow (Thursday) as well to keep with our every 4 day plan.

Thanks again for your note. Get well soon!

12. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You don't know. Even if you do BBT testing you don't always know (and not till 3 days have passed.)

That is the point of the E4d. Even if you haven't ovulated, at least you'll be in with a chance.

If you get positive OPK for many days and days REGULARLY this can be a sign of PCOS. Not "wrong" per se but just something that you'd need to possibly be aware of. But 3 days in a row is not what happens with PCOS. They will get weeks of random positive OPK even more than once a month sometimes.

Yes, your ovulation can sometimes be delayed and lead you to have more than one pos OPK but again, that's the benefit of the e4d is that you are covered either way.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi,

I have another question - I'm not sure where to post? I posted on my private forum but am doing so again here:

I just want to clarify - is it essential to keep BDing every four days even after you've ovulated?

Also I am confused as to whether soy is pink or blue friendly, in my plan it seems to state it is blue (if I consume soy), but then in the notes in the next column it is stated that it's actually pink?

What about my husband? Should he not consume soy products?

Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast