Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Swaying after miscarriage questions

I'm sure this has all been asked before but I couldn't find the answers in previous threads, so please be patient with me (or just link to a past thread if someone has seen one that replies to all this).

Background: I miscarried at 8 weeks on Jan. 3, needed a D&C for retained clots (the sac and placenta passed naturally). I also hemorraged and my hemoglobin was at 100 at discharge (120+ is normal). I'm back on LE diet as of this week and will probably start exercise next week, after 5 weeks off everything since BFP. I'm taking iron supplements once per day but I'll drop those if my iron is back up at my follow-up appointment in late Jan.

How long do you have to wait to TTC again? Doctors told me 2 months but is that just to help with dating or is there a real reason they like women to wait? When people talk about the first cycle after a miscarriage swaying pink, does that mean the first ovulation or the first cycle counting from first normal period? Is it fairly safe to assume that a miscarriage at 8 weeks will sway pink for me if I try again whenever I have a normal cycle, or should I wait to be back on the diet longer? I was eating like a hobbit for those 5 weeks since BFP.
    Surprise 2012. FGD sway opposite 2015
    Jan. 2017 (swayed pink).
    LE sway opposite 2017

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So sorry for your loss Erin. The doctors told me the same after my m/c at 14 weeks, and you are right, it really is for dating purposes, since the first cycle after your m/c tends to be pretty wonky. I believe that conceiving after m/c tends to sway pink, but you may want to skip the first month to fall back on the diet.
    Sept 2008 & successful boy sway June 2010.
    M/C Oct 2012

Is DE in my future?

3. Thanks Erin514 thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Here is the guide to swaying after a loss. Most of the questions are answered in this, I think http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...scarriage.html

We honestly don't know how long the effects of the miscarriage last. May be a month, may be two or even 3. We just don't have the data to say.

People who have had D and C, I think it's a safe precaution to wait out at least 1 and possibly 2 cycles (if you've had a c-section ever, wait 2 for sure). IT's because your uterus might have been traumatized from the D and C and just a good idea to let it heal fully.
    Last edited by atomic sagebrush; January 14th, 2017 at 03:05 PM.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

5. Thanks Erin514 thanked for this post
    Likes Throwaway_panther liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh and just to expand on why they tell you to wait ~usually~ it is NOT "dating" a pregnancy, they'll tell you that but they are fibbing. it's that "women are hysterical and need us big strong doctors to tell them how to live their lives".

Anyone who has had an uncomplicated natural loss at 8 weeks, and did not have D and C, can safely TTC when they are ready to.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I had been told when I came off BC (where I had been on it continuously without a period for yeaaars) that the lining can be affected and to wait a month; my gyno at the time noted that that's the advice they give for women after miscarriages too, specifically "uterine lining" reasons? As in, you're more likely to miscarry following a miscarriage without the break?

Personally, I've never researched to verify this, and I know a lot of anecdotal things to the contrary, so I don't know what the right answer is here. I do agree with atomic, that I think doctors tend to over prescribe how to live our lives, haha.

8. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I often also like to err on the side of caution, so I can understand why they give that advice. BUT I find that in the case of miscarriage in particular, waiting can take a psychic toll that probably counters any imagined benefit to lining. Docs don't get that

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i am so sorry Erin <3 i lost my second baby mid-way through my pregnancy (we never found out why) i had a normal delivery no induction, no surgery etc.. and was pregnant again 4-5 weeks later, that pregnancy went full term with no issues.
    i would say if there are no major health issues that would suggest otherwise then ttc again whenever you are ready, i was told to wait but that was not going to happen, not being pregnant anymore was destroying me i barely made it through the 4/5 weeks before the next bfp never mind waiting 2-3 months just to please the doctors!!
    i hope you are recovering ok and wishing you and your family as peaceful a time as possible while you adjust to what has happened, i have found this site to be a very supportive place for pregnancy/baby loss mums xx

11. Thanks Erin514, atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks so much for your replies, everyone. I think I'll probably wait until the next cycle if as atomic says there is a real reason to do so since I had a D&C. I guess I'd rather err on the side of caution if the D&C creates a slightly higher risk, I'm just not great at waiting for things I want. :-/
    Jan. 2017 (swayed pink).
    LE sway opposite 2017

13. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My baby died at 7 weeks & I had a D&C at 10 weeks on the 14th Dec. My doctor said to just wait 1 cycle & then start TTC again. AF finally started yesterday so fingers crossed this might be our month again. I gained nearly 7kg in 5 weeks off the LE diet so I started back on LE right away. I am finding the weight loss much slower this time, & I have lost 4kg in the 6weeks since my D&C. Hopefully the weight gain wont sway too badly given that I am losing weight again. In a way the break off the LE really helped me mentally as I was so over it having been on LE for 40 weeks. I was in a much better place mentally to start back on the LE diet after the m/c than I was before we conceived.
    mummy to 10yrs & 8yrs. 7weeks dec 2016 4yrs.
    After 2 failed sways we are going high tech

May 2019 IVF1 4 follicle, 4 fertilised & only 1 made it to day 5
    JUly 2019 IVF2 8 follicles, 3 fertilised & only 1 made it to day 6 frozen & waiting for us
    our precious was a failed FET .
    IVF3 1 day 5
    2020 COVID halts our plans & we cant travel
    2021 6 more egg collections yeild 17eggs in total. Frozen gametes shipped to clinic & 16 survive the thaw & only 3 fertilised. None to test on day 5

Jan 2022 this wasnt the plan.......
    Feb 2022 stopped growing & left me at 8weeks

15. Thanks Butterflies buttercups thanked for this post
    Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    KC, I'm sorry for your loss. After 40 weeks on the diet, I think you can probably get away with the five weeks off without worrying about it. Your body will probably see those five weeks as a blip.
    Jan. 2017 (swayed pink).
    LE sway opposite 2017

17. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast