Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Exercise question

I really don't think I can fit in the whole hour of exercise. I am currently doing 45 mins 4-5 times a week (with my boys I swam for about 30 mins 2 times a week at best). It's a dance workout dvd so do work up a sweat. I think I've read on here the reason it has to be an hour is because that's when you start burning off fat or was it muscle?? However, surely you are burning off more fat doing a more intense workout for less time than walking for an hour? I am a little confused with this. Is it not ultimately the amount of calories you burn?? Would I be better off dropping the exercise all together and doing couch potato if I can only manage 45 mins?

2. Likes MrsTheatrical liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My personal trainer said you start burning fat after 25 minutes of cardio. I got my (angel) daughter doing 45 min workouts 4 times a week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That's what the conventional wisdom is, is that it takes about 45 minutes. There is a drawn out explanation for this but short version, it's not the intensity it is the amount of time that it goes on, at some point you run out of carbs. Even if you're exercising fairly slowly you run out of carbs t the same time. (just like how you can eat a big meal for breakfast and still get hungry for lunch even tho you ate more, it's metabolism)

This doesn't mean you can't get a girl with less, it's just that that is the amount I think is best for optimizing odds.

We have had such good results with the exercise that I no longer think anyone should drop it in favor of couch potato.

As long as you're not gaining weight and eating a bunch of protein you can still get a girl with less exercise. I'd try for more, but I would certainly not give up exercise if I couldn't get to this level.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

6. Likes XXforhubby, Artisam liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks to both. I will just fit in as much as I can then. With the new thinking on High Intensity Interval Training being the most effective exercise, I just find the whole thing confusing. I'm just trying to maintain my weight now as I am a bit too skinny really so hoping for my BFP next month before I disappear!!!

8. Likes MrsTheatrical liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It is irrelevant what "the most effective exercise is" because we are doing something entirely different here. We do not know how it all works. It may have nothing to DO with exercising effectively, it may be doing something else entirely hence that is why we see good results with things like walking that are not crazy intense.

Please do what is working for most people most of the time instead of worrying about theories. We don't even know how it works and so instead of trying to make it all in line with everyone's theories regarding exercise and swaying, just do what is working for people.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    It is irrelevant what "the most effective exercise is" because we are doing something entirely different here. We do not know how it all works. It may have nothing to DO with exercising effectively, it may be doing something else entirely hence that is why we see good results with things like walking that are not crazy intense.

Please do what is working for most people most of the time instead of worrying about theories. We don't even know how it works and so instead of trying to make it all in line with everyone's theories regarding exercise and swaying, just do what is working for people.
    So walking for an hour with my son for example (slowish pace) would be better than an exercise video for 45 minutes - is that what the results are showing? If so, I'd much rather do that anyway as it's fitting it around caring for my youngest son that I find so tricky and by the time both boys are in bed I have very little time or energy for anything!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That's what I believe, yes. As long as you're moving the whole time and not stopping for a snack or whatever LOL yes I think that is best.

We are not doing a side by side study here - I"ve read the available science and I think that 60 min is less, rather than having anyone settle for 45 min. as a "test" since I want as many sways to succeed as possible I push people to do the 60 minutes if they can instead of experimenting.

12. Likes XXforhubby liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What kind of exercise has the best result?

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Anything that you can easily manage. It doesn't have to be intense like running or jogging- walking briskly is just fine!

DS1, DS2, & DS3
    EDD 9/30/2017 for pink

My Ovulation Chart

15. Thanks Inhope, atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for your answer! Has the result showed that any kind of exercise has better result then another? Could you se any difference between high and low intense exercise in the result?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast