Thread: Metformin

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Confused Metformin

Hi all!
    does anybody know how long I need to be on metformin to sway pink? Is it like the LE diet, that the best effect is after 12 weeks?
    I finally stopped breastfeeding my toddler, and I've been back on metformin for 1 week now. I am not sure if I should just skip a month TTC... I have tried the LE diet but failed miserably, kudos to all of you who are really keeping it. I am mostly vegetarian (ovo-, lacto-, pesco-) but I cant stop snacking during the day :shame:
    I also need to have breakfast to take metformin in the morning.
    How do you all stay so motivated?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Anette View Post
    Hi all!
    does anybody know how long I need to be on metformin to sway pink? Is it like the LE diet, that the best effect is after 12 weeks?
    I finally stopped breastfeeding my toddler, and I've been back on metformin for 1 week now. I am not sure if I should just skip a month TTC... I have tried the LE diet but failed miserably, kudos to all of you who are really keeping it. I am mostly vegetarian (ovo-, lacto-, pesco-) but I cant stop snacking during the day :shame:
    I also need to have breakfast to take metformin in the morning.
    How do you all stay so motivated?
    Do you need Met for ovulation reasons or just using it for swaying? It took my body a few months on it for it to help my ovulation and shorten my cycle. Try taking it with dinner instead or before bed.

The LE is really very important so try easing into it and eating breakfast a little later and keep pushing it further back every few days. Same with less snacking, less and less till there is no snacking. You have to train your body.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Pregnant with baby GIRL #2, due August 2019
    Successful girl sway, born in 2017.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you girlie cat! And congrats with your girl!!
    I am taking met for pco reasons, 1gr in the morning 1gr in the evening. It worked for my first pregnancy and I got a boy within 3 months on met But I was already a vegetarian back then and still got a boy, so there is something I need to do otherwise now

4. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, no sway tactic is 100% so it may have just been that the cards didn't fall your way the last time.

We don't know if there is a "right" time to be on the Met before TTC. What you say does make sense, if 12 weeks on diet is better, it stands to reason the same is true of Met as well, but we don't KNOW that, and it may be that Metformin works faster and is kind of a diet shortcut.

Are you doing exercise?? How many attempts?
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I was on it about 8 months before conceiving my girl but I also had a miscarriage that time and also did 2 cycles of clomid which also sway girl.

I still had breakfast as I needed it and also taking met with meals was important. Try to stick to 3 meals wil a long fast before breakfast if you can. Not snacking was hard but I figured I constantly snacked with my boys so it was something I worked a changing. I wasn't so good at following the diet

Sept 2008 Sept 2011 March 2017

7. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post