Thread: OPK help

Dream Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

OPK help

So this morning at 9am I got a faint/medium OPK result about 5pm I started having ovulation pains so I took another and sure enough very positive, so my question now is do I keep taking them the next few days to determine how many hours after a positive OPK before ovulation actually occurs? Picture below

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You won't actually be able to tell when ovulation will actually occur with an opk unfortunately. Some people get a positive opk and then it goes negative and they ovulate around 24 hours after the first positive. Some people keep a positive opk until some time after they ovulate. Once you get a positive you can assume you will ovulate within 12-36(ish) hours so I wouldn't stress over taking a bunch more. The only way to confirm ovulation happened is with temping.

Dream Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My temp has been running 97.10-97.15 but today went up to 97.37 that's still low right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Compared to 97.1-96.15 that temp spike could indicate ovulation. You'll know in a few more days. It's hard to tell sometimes from just one temp spike but some people have a slow rise when they ovulate. Everyone is different though! Good luck!

5. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would try not to stress too much about what happens now. When I was TTC my boys I got obsessive and overcharged, typical boy mom. I'm trying to relax a little more (which is why I'm not temping). I would just be happy about your positive OPK and have an attempt assuming you're doing one attempt.

That's a bit of a rise, so it could indicate ovulation. I find that while ovulatory cycles follow that nice triphasic pattern, exactly what that looks like varies from person to person so you don't know as much if it's your first cycle temping. Some people have a slow rise of just a few decimal points and some people have a sudden sharp jump.
    K 2012 C 2014 Baby C Nov 2017

7. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think I maybe answered this in another thread?

Unfortunately you can't tell by OPK when O occurred (or O Pain, either, for most people)

Now, some people like to keep taking OPK in case of false positives (where you surge but your body decides not to O right then and then surges again in a few days) but that's up to you.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ