Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Snacking help

Dream Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Snacking help

I'm not TTC yet, but I have been practicing some LE diet habits like skipping breakfast and eliminating snacking. I'm also breastfeeding so I'm trying to eat when hungry because I need to keep my supply up.

When I go long periods without eating I tend to suddenly be very hungry and sometimes get light headed or start to shake, then I need sugar asap.

So my question is would there be something I could snack on that would be OK for the LE diet, or, should I consider the PCOS version?

💙12/14 💚9/16 💖...
    Last edited by 0TriSarahTops0; March 22nd, 2017 at 02:05 AM.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    They key for me was eating enough at meals. if I didnt I would go low after 5hrs. You also need to consider how old your baby is & how often you are breastfeeding. I wouldnt recommend LE for someone frequently breastfeeding a baby under 12months. My supply seriously dropped to nothing but I wasnt too worried as I was feeding a toddler. If breastfeeding you also need to eat at the upper end of the diet. Its more about changes overall not just one little thing.
    mummy to 10yrs & 8yrs. 7weeks dec 2016 4yrs.
    After 2 failed sways we are going high tech

May 2019 IVF1 4 follicle, 4 fertilised & only 1 made it to day 5
    JUly 2019 IVF2 8 follicles, 3 fertilised & only 1 made it to day 6 frozen & waiting for us
    our precious was a failed FET .
    IVF3 1 day 5
    2020 COVID halts our plans & we cant travel
    2021 6 more egg collections yeild 17eggs in total. Frozen gametes shipped to clinic & 16 survive the thaw & only 3 fertilised. None to test on day 5

Jan 2022 this wasnt the plan.......
    Feb 2022 stopped growing & left me at 8weeks

Dream Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    How many calories would you typically eat per meal?

My LO is only 6.5 months and just started BLW, so I haven't really reduced calories or changed my diet all that much in an effort to contine breastfeeding. I've been tracking my intake so I can see what changes I will need to make once we're ready to TTC.

💙12/14 💚9/16 💖...

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Honestly the not snacking is an important part of the way the diet works. I didn't feel I needed to snack once I got my meals up to 500-600 calories each, but I'm not sure I could be BFing a baby that young and stick to the LE diet at all.
    K 2012 C 2014 Baby C Nov 2017

5. Likes kc15880 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I started the diet and swaying when my DS3 was 5mo old and breastfeeding a lot still. I had 4 meals a day and kept my macros to 1700-1900 calories, protein 40-60g and fat 40-60g. Once my DS3 was eating solids well, I dropped calories to 1600-1800 calories and just 3 meals a day and the same macros as above. Once he turned 12mo and I still hadn't gotten a BFP, I dropped calories to 1400-1600, protein to 40-50g, and fat to 35-50g. When AF was due, I sometimes had a 4th small meal because my DS3 would increase breastfeeding around then. I got my BFP when he was 14mo and was breastfeeding 6 times a day. I also had been on Clomid the three cycles prior but not my BFP cycle. I don't know what we are having yet but should have a good idea this Friday and for sure the first part of May.

FX and GL to you!

DS1, DS2, & DS3
    EDD 9/30/2017 for pink

Dream Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for you input ladies! I'll try adding more calories per meal and see what happens.

💙12/14 💚9/16 💖...

8. Likes XXforhubby liked this post
    Dream Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by XXforhubby View Post
    I started the diet and swaying when my DS3 was 5mo old and breastfeeding a lot still. I had 4 meals a day and kept my macros to 1700-1900 calories, protein 40-60g and fat 40-60g. Once my DS3 was eating solids well, I dropped calories to 1600-1800 calories and just 3 meals a day and the same macros as above. Once he turned 12mo and I still hadn't gotten a BFP, I dropped calories to 1400-1600, protein to 40-50g, and fat to 35-50g. When AF was due, I sometimes had a 4th small meal because my DS3 would increase breastfeeding around then. I got my BFP when he was 14mo and was breastfeeding 6 times a day. I also had been on Clomid the three cycles prior but not my BFP cycle. I don't know what we are having yet but should have a good idea this Friday and for sure the first part of May.

FX and GL to you!

DS1, DS2, & DS3
    EDD 9/30/2017 for pink
    How exciting! Are you having your NT ultrasound?

💙12/14 💚9/16 💖...

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 0TriSarahTops0 View Post
    How exciting! Are you having your NT ultrasound?

12/14 9/16 ...
    Yep, this Friday! I'll be 12w6d so good for nub guessing! All of my boys had a visible scrotum and penis by this point, so I'll have a good idea of what we are having.

8/2010, 6/2013, & 11/2015
    EDD 9/30/2017 for pink

11. Thanks 0TriSarahTops0 thanked for this post
    Likes MiaMelb liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would not have you start doing stuff like this till your baby is a little older. Breastfeeding makes you really, really hungry. I'd have you eat 4 or even 5 meals (this is still different than the all-day grazing many of us boy moms habitually do) and then eat mostly vegetarian options, plus possibly exercise. Those two things are probably more effective than the skipping breakfast is anyway.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

13. Likes XXforhubby liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by foxtrotmama View Post
    Honestly the not snacking is an important part of the way the diet works. I didn't feel I needed to snack once I got my meals up to 500-600 calories each, but I'm not sure I could be BFing a baby that young and stick to the LE diet at all.
    It is but if she isn't even TTC yet, I see no point in her torturing herself. I'd wait and focus on vegetarian + exercise if poss.

Agree 110% I do not recommend skipping meals and cutting back on snacks when nursing a baby that young.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast