Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Not sure if I should use rephresh

I've bd every day in the last three days and plan to continue bd'ing once a day for the next four days or until ovulation occurs. My question is can I use a rephresh application today or will that kill off the sperm from the last three days? Or will the sperm be ok and out of reach from the rephresh gel?
    Also, I haven't used a rephresh applicatior in months but noticed one left in the box and wondered if it may help lower ph or am I simply wasting my time because I haven't continued to use it throughout the cycle and using it now would increase ph?

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Do you use any lube? I thought KY was good and lowers anyway? Might wait for atomic to confirm that though..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi laurelw

No we haven't been using lube. I should be receiving ph test strips in the mail today because I've been curious about my ph. As for the ky, I'll keep that in mind. Thanks for replying.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I decided to skip the rephresh. Last night my ph was a 6 and tonight it is a 5. I think I remember reading anything below 5 kills all sperm on site so I don't want that. I think I'm happy with a ph of 5 for my mild sway.

5. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you're BDing daily (which I think is a mistake) then yes, please do use the RepHresh.

It may not really sway but at least it will kill off at least some of the sperm, which may possibly help a little.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the reply Atomic,

This cycle hasn't gone as planned. DH and I have bd 5 times in the last 4 days. Today he's left to go on a hunting trip and won't be back until tomorrow night. My plan was to bd at 3am this morning before he left but he said he was drained and last night when we bd for the second time that day, he thinks he may have had a dry orgasm
    I've just gotten a +opk 5 hours ago plus been having dull pelvic cramps like I usually do when ovulation happens.
    I honestly wasn't expecting ovulation for another 2 days. Maybe all the peppermint tea I've had this cycle has brought on ovulation a little earlier than usual.

Even though I'm leaning towards a girl, I honestly will be happy with simply falling pregnant at this point, regardless of gender. I've been trying for 9 months now, it's been 5 months since my chemical pregnancy and all I desperately want is another baby, and I'm so sick of seeing a bfn month after month. So, that's why I'm trying to bd as much as possible in my fertile window this month.
    Now I'm also worried that my ph of 5 is killing all sperm, regardless of x or y. Wish I could drink my peppermint tea, as I found it relaxed me but I've stopped that too now that I have a +opk and entering the tww.

Just want to thank you for all that you do, and all the information you provide us ladies with trying to achieve our baby goals.
    As for me, my biggest sway at the moment is praying to God that he gifts me with a daughter, but if that's not in the plan than a healthy baby boy is welcome too. I just want to be pregnant so bad.

8. Thanks laurelw thanked for this post
    Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, I don't recommend that method anyway so for my part I'm glad it didn't work out for you.

You can't tell when you'll O based on O pains or pok timing.

If you want to get pregnant, BD daily is not the best way to go about that for exactly this reason. It doesn't help you get pregnant!!! All those early attempts, your fertile window wasn't even open yet, and it all went to waste because it's likely that those attempts died off. Now, as O approaches, your husband cannot DTD and has nothing left! I have a longer explanation of all this here in this thread, it's a few posts down from the top http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...nk-lately.html

YOU HAVE TO stop the peppermint tea right away. We found that really cut odds of conception. No more pep tea. Anyone having trouble conceiving, you need to drop herbs, they all seemed to lower chances of conceiving.

Can you please tell me everything else that you're doing??

Now that I know you've been TTC unsuccessfully for a while, I strongly urge you to give up RepHresh and all other similar products and leave them out!!

Can y

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't know why I'm so unsuccessful. I try new things each month to ttc, I'll break it down for you below. I don't do strict diets, am horrible at them and have never stuck to one. Our weekly meals consist of 3 vegetarian dinners a week and the remaining days we have chicken/beef/squid and vegetables with whatever recipe I make. I also will have junk food once a week or once a fortnight.
    Before cutting back on soft drink this month I would have around 2 cans 3x a week.
    My cycles before ttc were 31-33 day cycles. I noticed not just with myself but a few friends as soon as we started ttc our cycles length changed and I'm guessing that's got to do with stress or anxiousness that's delayed ovulation or something.
    When I was ttc my son it took me 8 months, the month I had gotten a bfp I had been going to the gym 3-4 days a week 30min treadmill then a 45-60 dance aerobics class. I took up the gym 6 weeks prior to receiving my bfp with DS and cut back smoking to about 4 cigarettes a week and we were dtd eod.

I did smoke a 20 pack every 2-3 days. Its been 2 and a half weeks quitting cold turkey this month. I also had 1 morning coffee a day and DH had 2-3 coffees a day.

Month 1, July 2016 - No particular diet. Prenatals. No exercise. Bd at positive opk. 36 day cycle. Smoking

Month 2, Aug 2016 - No particular diet. Prenatals. No exercise. Bd e4d. Smoking. 35 day cycle.

Month 3, Sept 2016 - No particular diet. Prenatals. No exercise. Bd e4-5d. 34 days cycle.

Month 4, Oct 2016 - No particular diet. Prenatals. No exercise. Bd day before positive opk and day of positive opk. BFP ended CP.

Month 5, Nov-Dec 2016 - No particular diet. Folic acid instead of prenatals. Baby aspirin 3x a week. Rephresh e3d. No exercise. Bd e3-4d. (This month was a weird month I had a 50 day cycle so bd'ing wasn't consistent) this was the only cycle I did rephresh and baby aspirin

Month 6, Jan 2017 - No particular diet. Folic acid. No exercise. Bd 3 days on 2 days off. Smoking. 36 day cycle.

Month 7, Feb 2017 - No particular diet. Folic acid. 1hr Brisk walk 3-4 days a week. Bd every day in fertile window. Cut back on Smoking. 34 day cycle.

Month 8, March 2017 - No particular diet. Folic acid and Synergy Natural Super Greens from AF to O. No exercise (Only because of really bad weather atm, but been trying to keep more active around the house with daily duties) Bd 5x in 4 days of fertile window (end up being a 2 day cutoff because of husbands hunting trip). Started using a ph wash (this is not a douche just a ph balancing wash) Quit Smoking cold turkey beginning of cycle. Quit coffee beginning of cycle. Started 3 cups of peppermint tea from AF to O. Increased daily intake of water. 1 Green Tea at night from Af to O (I noticed ewcm this cycle too, which I hardly had previous months) also cut back on soft drink, only had 5 soft drinks this entire cycle.
    Starting prenatals now that I'm entering 2ww, but will revert back to simply folic acid with the start of a new cycle.

The reason behind me using the super greens tablets is because I heard that can make you more alkaline as well as help with fertility, and it's the same ingredients in some fertility tablets. This is why I also purchased ph strips this month because I had a feeling I'm acidic during fertile week and I'm killing sperm and from using the strips I have a ph of 5 which is in the acidic side. I was waiting to see ph increase in fertile week since isn't that what's meant to happen naturally, but from the looks of things not me.

I am doubtful that I will end up with a bfp this month, especially after reading the link you provided. I read the link bellow weeks ago thinking more sex equals more chances Of ttc https://expectingscience.com/2015/09...t-quickly/amp/
    From what I've read elsewhere online, I honestly thought peppermint tea would help me sway pink and green tea would help with fertility in general. The day dh and I bd 2x I had the most ewcm I've ever had. Not massive amount but definitely noticeable when wiping compared to previous months.

I don't know what to do anymore. I'm turning 30 this year in August and Dh will be 32 this year. We have one DS. I've always wanted 2 boys and a girl, hence the reason I'm wishing for a girl but will still be happy if we had another boy. At this rate I feel as if I can't conceive either.

Thanks again AS for wanting to help me.
    Last edited by mariannew; April 2nd, 2017 at 08:10 PM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think you've just had some bad luck, Maria. Some of the things you added in along the way might have cut your chances so we need to get rid of all that stuff now.

Here is what I'd do. I know some of these things you are not actively doing but I want you to drop all of them.

Drop RepHresh, aspirin, pep tea, pH wash, and green tea. The green tea is funny stuff because it can make your cycle more irregular and since we are having issues with that I don't think 'ts wise. If you want to do something for eWCM try grapefruit juice or even guanefesin.

Can you please tell me what is in the super green pills? Those may be causing more harm than good.

You can't go off and on prenatals like that. Just take them 3x a week from here on in. It's bad for you and may make your body "nervous" to have a pregnancy if you're suddenly dropping in nutrients like that.

ARe you continuing to BD after you ~think~ you have ovulated? If not, please do. What happens many times is people stop having sex thinking they ovulated, but then it's delayed for a few days or even a week or two, and then you've lost the whole month.

I would not start testing pH and worrying about it. I have personally conceived with a pH of 4.5 and no visible CM. There is often (nearly always) stuff up inside where you can't see it, but it's there.

if you are doing shallow release, stop. If you are getting up immediately after having sex, stop. Lay down at least 15-30 minutes, and spend part of this time on your tummy.

The secret to BD is NOT have a million attempts starting before you can possibly get pregnant from them. The secret is to have the most sex when you can get pregnant from it. So since you do want to get pregnant, I want you to have sex every other day or every 2 days even when you cannot possibly get pregnant (so start after AF ends and keep going with this even after you think you ovulated. Then when you have a positive, have an attempt that night, the next morning if you can, and then again the following night. then skip a day and have another attempt, and then pick back up with the schedule you were BDing on before your fertile window.

What you did, at least this month, was that most of those attempts were wasted. Too early and the sperm all died, and then by the time your fertile window did open, his sperm count was lowered. But you never know, you very well could have gotten pregnant this month! So don't count yourself out yet, we don't really know when the egg dropped or how many swimmers he was producing! Good luck!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you so much AS, this info has given me hope. I plan to follow your advice effective immediately.

Super greens are a superfoods daily supplement that consists of Spirulina, Chlorella, Barely Grass and Wheat Grass (and after further research I think it may be these supps that are producing more ewcm) here's a link to them
    https://www.synergynatural.com/produ...0-tablets.html

I also started the super green sups to help reverse some damage that smoking cigarettes may have done to my fertility. It's also a good detox for ex smokers. So my thoughts were along the lines of 2 birds 1 stone.
    Here's another link about the 4 ingredients listed above and fertility Green Vegetables and Infertility | Fertility Foods

prenatals 3x a week sounds great, but i'd still like your advice on the super greens.

As for bd'ing after assumed ovulation, some months not at all and other 1-2 times in the remaining 2 weeks before af arrives. I'll make sure we keep up eod for the rest of the month.

I only tested ph this month after learning that my Aunty had to use a bicarb soda bath because she was too acidic and she fell pregnant after a year of trying just from that one bath soak. So I wondered if being acidic was my problem, but I really think ph testing will stress me out more than necessary. And when I fell pregnant with my son I wasn't doing all these crazy testing and whatnot.

Just want to thank you again, AS. I hope I can share a bfp with everyone soon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast