Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Pink Sway Plans - Feedback

Hi,

I am planning my pink sway and am trying to get my head around how to do this - I have slight insulin resistance so I need to have whole grain carbs and make sure my meals have sufficient protein, fat, and fiber. I have a soy intolerance - I can tolerate soy sauces but tofu etc makes my throat sore and gives me an asthma attack so I can't do much in the way of soy proteins.

Atomic, I'd love to know where you sit on legumes for protein? Also, I really don't think I can sustain the diet without salt, so I am not planning to reduce my salt intake. Is this a concern?

7-8am -
    Coffee with creamer (30 calories)
    11am - Cappuccino with nonfat milk if I am out and about (80 calories), coffee with creamer if I am home (30 calories) (Is this too 'snacky' - do I need to nix this?)

2pm - Lunch:
    multigrain cheese and veggie sandwich with margarine/multigrain crackers with cottage cheese and vegetables/brown rice + bean + vegetable bowl
    fiber one brownie and 2 cups of berries

4pm - Decaf coffee with creamer (30 cals)

6-7pm - Dinner:
    main - stir fry with brown rice/creamy veg sauce with wheat pasta/turkey bolognese heavy on vegetables with wheat pasta/tacos with turkey mince or just refried beans/pasta salads with a small amount of chicken/asian noodles with a small amount of chicken and veg
    side - fiber one brownie with fruit or pudding/yogurt with miralax powder and fruit

Dinner is tough for me because we really are a meat eating family. I am hoping to cook vegetarian 3x a week and then make meat an ingredient rather than the star of the show, stick with turkey and chicken, and try to give myself more veggies and rice/pasta than meat.

Drinks - 30oz water flavored with crystal light + la croix water with every meal.

Exercise:
    First 8 weeks - 60 minutes cardio 4x a week + a 15m walk to bring down blood sugar after lunch and dinner.
    Final 4 weeks - 60 minutes cardio 6x a week

Supplements/Medication:
    Wellbutrin 200mg/day
    Lexapro 25mg/day
    Claritin-D for allergies 1/day
    I often have trouble sleeping so I take Z-quil a few nights a week, I could switch that to Benadryl/diphenhydramine if need be.

I am not planning to monitor PH or do other supps because I find it stressful, confusing, and take enough stuff daily without adding more!

I'd love to hear people's feedback.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have worked out this is only about 1200 calories a day and is a little high on the sugar side of things - is adding a protein bar to lunch instead of the fiber one brownie a good idea?

Also, should we be eating back exercise calories or not?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Legumes and nuts (if you can do those) are fine for protein.

I want you to switch to full fat dairy and lose the creamer. Insulin resistance means you need to cut back carby things and for some reason, skim dairy has been really atrocious for people's blood sugar levels. Full fat dairy only from now on, and this will also help boost your calories most likely.

Your food choices look good to me, do you have protein and fat totals? I want you at 50-60 g protein and fat with the IR.

Zquil has the exact same stuff in it so that's fine to continue.

how much Crystal light in total?
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mrshrc View Post
    I have worked out this is only about 1200 calories a day and is a little high on the sugar side of things - is adding a protein bar to lunch instead of the fiber one brownie a good idea?

Also, should we be eating back exercise calories or not?
    I want you to up fat intake instead of adding more carbs. Yes I agree may be a little too carby but if you up protein and fat that should compensate

Don't compensate for exercise cals. Let your weight loss if any be your guide. If weight flies off, eat more (evne if you need to exceed limits) if you don't lose, eat less and/or cut carbs

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Legumes and nuts (if you can do those) are fine for protein.

I want you to switch to full fat dairy and lose the creamer. Insulin resistance means you need to cut back carby things and for some reason, skim dairy has been really atrocious for people's blood sugar levels. Full fat dairy only from now on, and this will also help boost your calories most likely.

Your food choices look good to me, do you have protein and fat totals? I want you at 50-60 g protein and fat with the IR.

Zquil has the exact same stuff in it so that's fine to continue.

how much Crystal light in total?
    I came in around 60g protein and 46g fat yesterday. It was hard to keep to that low a fat amount so it's good I can go a bit higher with full fat dairy.

The creamer is more for flavor and is sugarfree - or does it still spike blood sugar?

For the crystal light it's a sachet for an 8oz glass mixed with 30oz of water. So it is fairly weak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I want you to up fat intake instead of adding more carbs. Yes I agree may be a little too carby but if you up protein and fat that should compensate

Don't compensate for exercise cals. Let your weight loss if any be your guide. If weight flies off, eat more (evne if you need to exceed limits) if you don't lose, eat less and/or cut carbs
    Great, thanks, that's super helpful.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh, and re: the mid-morning coffee, is that too 'snack' if it is whole fat or is that OK?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Most creamers are very carby compared to whole milk or half and half, I'd go with the dairy instead IMO.

on the Crystal Light, some go to extremes with that.

Re the coffee, as long as you're using just enough to whiten the coffee and not like a cup of milk or whatever it's fine. We all did that.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Most creamers are very carby compared to whole milk or half and half, I'd go with the dairy instead IMO.

on the Crystal Light, some go to extremes with that.

Re the coffee, as long as you're using just enough to whiten the coffee and not like a cup of milk or whatever it's fine. We all did that.
    So I'd been getting a mid morning cappuccino - that's about a cup of milk but it is replacing breakfast.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That's fine if it's replacing a meal.

11. Likes mrshrc liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast