Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

How I failed to concieve a girl, my numbers and facts

Today I am 23 weeks pregnant and I was said that it would be a boy. The gender was confirmed twice at 16 and at 20 weeks, so I am sure that it was detected correctly. It will be our first child and maybe the only one. We definitely will love our boy. But I am disappointed, because I desperately wanted a girl, was trying to conceive a girl and thought that it would be with almost 90% probability, because of many pro girl factors. Unfortunately, I did not know about genderdreaming method and have not tried LE diet. But anyway I’ll give some numerical data that might make a contribution to the genderdreaming theory. Sorry for long text and mistakes, English is not my native language.

First of all I’ll give the list of factors that made me believe that I could conceive only a girl:
    1. I am 34 and my age itself increases probability of conceiving a girl.
    2. I grow in a poor family, I often had lack of food or not it big variety and I was unhealthy child in my childhood. My present life is much better, but my immunity not strong and I easy come down with the flu or other similar infections in autumn and winter.
    3. I am thin, my weight is 112 lbs and 5 7" height.
    4. My husband is a very kind and calm person, also is thin (about 155lbs and 6 2” height) that probably means that he has low testosterone level, which, I thought, increased the probability to conceive a girl .
    5. Apart from me, my mum has 3 daughters and no son.
    6. I live in a north region with 6 month snow season and really cold winters, so I have constant lack of sun, and often have lack of vitamins and minerals.

Now I try to give facts and numbers that maybe show why it is a boy. I would be happy to get any comments and advice:

Initial data about me.
    I’m 34, my weight is 112 lbs, 5 7” height, I’m ectomorph, so it is always very difficult for me to increase dynamic power, but I have good endurance. I’m a big fan of climbing and running activity, last year after my work I exercised 5-6 times a week (3 times a week climbing workouts and 3 times a week running or skiing workout, 2 hours every workout). I’m not professional athlete it is just my hobby after a work day.

Eating habits:

I’m not a big eater. Usually I eat 3 times a day, rare snack. Usually it is 9 am, 2 pm, and 8-9 pm. 3 years ago I had some issues with my stomach and looked very exhausted, so I had to change a bit, my eating habits, I started eating oatmeal 2-3 times a week and a bit more protein food. I eat red meat once a month or once a two month, 3 times a week chicken, 3 times a week an egg at breakfast with coffee. 1-2 times a week strawberry yogurt. Almost never miss breakfast.

Usually drink 2 cups of coffee with milk without sugar (it is very light, weak coffee) at breakfast and 1 cup of tea English breakfast or Earl Grey tea at lunch and dinner (without sugar and milk, but not strong). If I want to drink I drink pure water. Sometimes in autumn and winter I drink tea + small piece of lemon + some sugar to have vitamin C and not to catch a cold.

Every day I eat some sweet things (something from this list: a biscuit, cookies, chocolate, jam, honey, candies, waffles), but within reasonable limits. I have to notice I really, really like sweets.

I do not take vitamins everyday only short courses special vitamins that I need.

Below I will give numerical data:
    Since I train a lot, at list 3 times a year I take blood tests to understand if I’m OK or not. So I have some numerical data that I got in 2016 year and I believe it is not differ much from my blood parameters in a month (November) I conceived a boy. I will represent all these numbers in comparison to normal level range.

In February of 2016 I checked my hemoglobin level and just in case potassium, sodium, calcium levels. The results are represented in the Figures 1-3 and as you can see the level of potassium is almost at lower value of the normal range. Figure 4 shows that hemoglobin level was not big. This hemoglobin value is normal for an average woman, but low for an active person or athlete.

image001.jpg
    Figure 1 – Potassium level in February 2016

image003.jpg
    Figure 2 – Calcium level in February 2016

image005.jpg
    Figure 3 – Sodium level in February 2016

There was no magnesium level, but I thought that magnesium level was also as low as potassium. To support my heart my doctor recommended Potassium + magnesium vitamins and Meldonium month course, which I took in March 2016.
    The lack of potassium + magnesium is common for many athletes, especially for runners, cross country skiers. It is easy to feel the lack of potassium by appearing night or morning leg or foot spasms or convulsions. Lack of magnesium you can notice if your regularly check and monitor your heartrate, it may change (increase) in comparison to you common level.

In July 2016 I had 1 moth course of folic acid vitamins combined with B2, B6, B12, D3 and Calcium. And in August I stopped with vitamins. I did not know exactly that time, but supposed that extra vitamins might sway a boy. So from August to November I had not taken vitamins apart from folic acid in November. I checked 3 times in summer that ovulation came on 13-14 day. As my cycle was always regular I thought it would be not difficult to use Shelter method and conceive a girl.

We started in November and tried to conceive a girl on 7 and 9 day of cycle. Ovulation test on 10-14 days showed strange results - very light second line. I thought that by some reason I did not have an ovulation in November at all, but 3 days before my next cycle I found out that I was pregnant. I was very surprised to become pregnant in the first month of planning.
    05 of December 2016 I took a blood test to confirm my pregnancy and in addition asked to make a general blood test. My hemoglobin level was again pretty low 117 (Figure 4).
    image007.jpg
    Figure 4 - 05 of December 2016 Hemoglobin level (iron)

On 17th January I took several blood tests again and my glucose level as doctor said was good and definitely not high (Figure 5). I did not have nausea, only 10 days in December a felt very light sickness and it disappeared itself very quickly. So I suppose I had almost the same sugar level in November and it was not high.

image009.jpg
    Figure 5 - 17 of January 2017 Glucose level test

In the end of January 2017 I had problems with my heart rate. My usual heart rate was 55 per minute and it turned to 70-80. It is normal for pregnancy, but just in case, I had a heart and thyroid ultrasound done and doctors said that I had lack of iodine according to ultrasound at least for last 3-5 years. Night or morning leg spasms also appeared in January and that meant the lack of potassium + magnesium. So I suppose that in November I had low level of potassium + magnesium, which led to extra low level in January 2017.
    Also I have to notice that lack of iodine is a common problem for north regions (very cold, almost no sun in winter), but I have never told before that I had such problem and had never took iodine vitamins.

My conclusions:
    1. I do not think that low level of iodine influenced somehow.
    2. I do not know if low level of hemoglobin led to a boy conceiving. I can write only the next suppose. Even taking into account that women have lower hemoglobin level than men, women always have to eat some special food to keep it normal level. And diary it is one of such food as my doctor said. So maybe low level of hemoglobin decreases the probability of conceiving a girl.
    3. I see low calcium level and it confirmed the fact that I was not big diary eater last year.
    4. I see an average sodium level, but maybe it was too high to conceive a girl. I do not like salty food and try to use salt as little as possible. But semi-hard cheese and some food contain salt and also in summer I ate a lot of raw tomatoes (at list one a day) and added salt. I think that it influenced somehow.
    5. I’m NOT sure that tea drinking influenced much or even somehow. My mum did not drink coffee at all and always drank black tea with milk and sugar and she had 4 daughters.
    6. But, in my opinion, the most important factor is my mussels. Last two years I tried to become more powerful, to develop dynamic mussels to climb better. And also last year I run a lot according to special system to improve my running technique. Every week a maximum speed running, long distance running, endurance running. I did not lift weights and did not eat chemical protein or other supplements though. I just worked with my own weight, did special exercises. I did become a bit stronger, but I looked really thin without big mussels. I imply I looked like this girl from the video. https://youtu.be/6VLj4KRrMPM?t=121
    And, unfortunately, not as strong as she is.

I’m not sure if we decide to have more than one child. I despirately want a daughter, so we might try again in 2-3 years.
    And if I tried second time to conceive a girl I would:

1. Definitely take blood tests before LE diet and in 2-3 month to understand if key blood parameters (possatium , magnium, calcium, testosterone, sugar ) will change.
    2. Definitely change the season from (autumn) November to March- June. We have snow period from November till the middle of April. So lack of all vitamins is in spring and in the beginning of summer. But I’m not sure what is better March-April or May-June.
    3. I suppose If I follow LE diet my weight will quickly decrease to 108-109lbs in a month or two and I do not know if it is OK to lose weight quickly and then keep this 108-109 lbs weight while TTC.
    4. And I'm thinking what to do with my sport activity I suppose with lower amount of food I will lose some mussels and they will not grow again even with my usual activity without protein food. So if this means that I can just climb and run as usual or I should change my program?
    5. Also I'm not sure what to drink apart from pure water. It is quite difficult not to drink hot black tea living in a very cold and tea drinking country. My doctor recommended that I don’t drink coffee more than 1 a day because of stomach. Maybe I should drink tea with milk as my mum.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for sharing all this great info!! It is quite late for me here, so I will come back and reply more later.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh yulaeva, i read your fine tooth comb trying to figure it all out and do understand....if you click on my name you can find my gender disappointment post that list all my reasons why i thought child number 2 conceived at age 35 should have been a girl ....
    But what is the bright side here:
    You are going to be a mommy soon!!
    This son might share in your hobbies!!
    A son passes on the family line/name!!
    Is your husband looking forward to having a son?!!
    Maybe your mom would have liked to have been able to have a son and now she can have a grandson?!!

Hope that helps ya make some lemonade

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
    Teen 2001 Toddler 2014
    x as many as The Good L-RD would bless us with
    Currently
    Wanna be a magnet
    Challenges=hypothyroid and age
    Proverbs 13:12

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1922d6

4. Likes Bepan, atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    skillet04, thank you so much for the kind words.

My husband is very happy to have a child and
    he said that he would be equally happy to have a boy or a princess.
    He is really very happy and looking forward to seeing him. That helps a lot.
    Also I tried to find positive moments in having a boy.
    First of all I was able to climb and run/x-skiing until now, every 2 weeks I had to decrease
    intensity of training, but my life did not change much.
    I did not have nausea and felt very good during all these time.
    Most people still don't notice my bump, it is small and I have not gained much weight.
    I'm still very suprised that I got pregnant so easily and quickly.

Now my disappointment is connected not with gender of our boy, but more with the fact that having almost the right weight, body and almost good conditions for a girl, I will have a boy and it is not possible to 100% control.

I don't believe in calendars, wife tales, but 2 month ago I was so dissapointed and tried to analize all facts that
    I checked all these things and was very surprised that some of them were true, and online chinese calendar gave true results for me and for my mum.

I tried to analize numerical facts and It helped a lot to decrease my disappointments.
    My general conclusion that my style of life was too healthy in comparion to my previous life.
    5 years ago my normal weight was lower 108-109 lbs, I ate less. I intentionally gained 3-4 lbs 3 years ago to be healthier, tried to have good meal before running workouts in order not to loose weight, tried to have
    good breakfast. But I did not realized that all these factors had great influence on gender.
    Last edited by yulaeva; April 27th, 2017 at 04:07 AM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Swaying is not and never could be 100% or 90%. If it was, the entire human race would have died out a long time ago because food was scarce and people had very hard lives and if they all only made girls when that happened, then no males would have ever been conceived. Mother Nature "wants" to have about 50-50 males and females conceived and she has her ways of ensuring that happens, by making it about more than diet alone.

Being a highly analytical and detail oriented person, I believe to sway strongly blue. just the fact that you've done all this stuff and written up this analysis indicates to me that you are probably a bit (or a lot) more blue-friendly just in terms of overall personality than the average person. This is something that is simply out of our control really. It's not a bad quality, not at all but it is definitely something I find to be strongly associated with women who have sons.

Getting pregnant very easily and quickly may also indicate you are more likely to conceive a boy.

The Chinese Gender Calendar is like flipping a coin. Sometimes it appears to be right but it's because it's only 50-50 chance. I have seen thousands of people look up their children and it always averages out at 50-50. If the Chinese had any wisdom that allowed them to select a baby's gender there would not be orphanages full of unwanted baby girls in China.

I understand that you are finding peace in analyzing all this stuff but the unfortunate truth is that we will never know why you got a boy (and it was almost certainly MANY things, not simply that you gained a bit of weight and were eating breakfast) and that analytical personality is definitely one of those many things.

I am going to go over your original post now but did just want to cover this post first.

7. Thanks Comptokl thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Since there is a lot in this post, I will just go over everything that catches my eye, and if you feel I've missed something please point it out to me.

1)34 is not old and no, it doesn't really increase the likelihood of a girl much if at all.

4)Testosterone for husband is only a theory and has never been proven by any study at all. In fact, we know of many men who are balding (bald = high testosterone) and have all girls such as Bruce Willis.

6)Even in the far north people conceive boys and girls. In fact, for reasons we do not understand, there are actually more girls conceived around the equator than is statistically expected. Scandinavian countries have slightly more boys conceived than is statistically expected. We don't know why.

Re your mineral levels: Personally I have a very hard time believing in the mineral diets because (as your post demonstrates) most people are always in a normal range anyway. Your body doesn't "like" being out of that range and takes steps to keep minerals in a certain area, by excreting excess minerals you ingest and saving more of minerals you're lacking from the foods you eat. We have had people do blood tests before and after being on the mineral diets and their levels of some things did not change despite eating huge amounts of them, and their levels of other things actually went up despite eating very little. I have personally seen several people whose sodium levels actually increased after eating a low sodium diet for several months. Additionally, even though you didn't personally eat much dairy, many of us (myself included) got boys eating tons of dairy and even taking calcium supplements. So I don't want you to put too much stock into this because I seriously doubt this is why you got a boy.

RE hemoglobin levels, I've always been anemic off and on and got boys that way. Not one of the things I'm super convinced on for swaying. I was also anemic when I got my daughter though. your hemoglobin is actually not terribly low any of those times. We have people on here who have much, much lower hemoglobin than that. yours is normal!

RE Shettles - most of us on this site got opposites with Shettles. It's been totally debunked http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...le-timing.html Just that you guys were able to conceive at all with that long a cutoff indicates you are both very fertile and may be more "set" for boys.

Pregnancy changes your glucose levels immediately so you cannot extrapolate based on what your blood glucose was. But beyond that, we don't even KNOW that it is measurable levels on a glucose test that mean anything for swaying. Just like with the minerals, your body doesn't "like" to have blood sugar out of a particular range and so takes steps if your sugar level goes too high or too low. It is very likely the process by which your body burns stores of fat to keep blood sugar up in normal range that sways, and NOT measurable levels of blood sugar itself. We just call this "low blood sugar" since it is quite a long explanation otherwise but we have seen no evidence that measuring glucose levels tells us anything about a sway succeeding or not.

Conclusions:

1)I doubt the iodine had anything to do with anything as we have all our blue swayers take iodine and they get boys that way.

2)Again, your hemoglobin appears normal to me. Your country must use different measurements than mine does but the range listed right there in what you posted puts you in normal range with your hemoglobin and not low.

3)I do not believe your calcium levels are why you conceived a boy, as I've always eaten tons of dairy and got boys doing that, and got my last two taking calcium and magnesium supplements. Dropped all that and got my girl. You are more than welcome to take calcium supps in the future, but I seriously doubt this had anything to do with it.

4)We have not found sodium to make any difference at ALL. Like I mentioned above, we had people doing blood tests before and after following a low sodium diet and their sodium levels actually INCREASED because their bodies simply hung onto every bit of sodium it could. I limited sodium and got my 4th boy, ate tons of it to have my girl. Virtualy all of us have given up the sodium restriction on the diet and our results have only gone up and up since we did.

5)Tea is one thing I have witnessed with my own two eyes seeming to sway blue. I got all 4 of my boys drinking tea, dropped it and got my girl. You cannot focus on ONE thing your mother did (such as drinking tea) and decide that means it doesn't sway, because she may have simply had many other things going on that swayed pink for her that counteracted the tea.

6)Muscle-building may make a difference, but honestly the number one thing that stands out to me is that you have the type of personality that is highly detail oriented and analytical. I get messages like this fairly regularly from boy moms, never from girl moms, and if I'd seen this post with all the gender-relevant details removed I'd have guessed you were having a boy on the basis of this post and nothing else.

Re trying again:

1)I would actually NOT recommend you doing the blood tests as it would simply give you more details to focus upon. I think your best bet is going to be not focusing on swaying, not focusing on numbers and data and making in depth analysis of things but trying to put it out of your mind as much as is feasible.

2)I would have you start trying possibly in February and that would give you a nice number of months in the "girl zone" in case you don't fall pregnant as easily this next time. I believe that Feb. is also pink friendly especially for those of us in the Northern latitudes.

3)Do not worry about actively losing weight when you're TTC. That is just another detail to stress/obsess over. We have seen very little evidence if any that losing weight RIGHT before falling pregnant makes any difference. IT has been time on diet that mattered far more, with anything longer than 12 weeks swaying much more strongly pink than a miniscule amount of weight loss or even gain. Time on diet has been far more predictive than weight loss.

4)I think you should continue to do the exercise. We have seen SUCH good results with exercise that I am now having people continue it if they are doing it already. I will say you never know what will happen once your son arrives and priorities have a way of changing LOL. If possible I would do more cardio, less toning. Do be sure you are eating MORE than you think you'll need when you start dieting and you can always cut back over time. I do not want you to start off eating too little and seeing a massive weight loss because then you will have nowhere to go but in the direction of more food. Start off eating many more calories than you think you want to and we'll cut back as we go (if needed)

5)It is up to you, of course. But we have seen such good results with the coffee that I'd drink it even if just 1x a day. I'm sure there are many people who drink tea and have girls, but after my personal experience I'd never drink tea to get a girl again (and I too found it very difficult to go without my cuppa at least 2-3 times a day, but I managed)

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Atomic sagebrush, thank you so much for the detailed answer.
    I have never thought about myself as being a blue friendly person.
    But thinking about it again, I would say yes, this maybe be true and I can give a number of additional aproves of it.

Now I have at list more than 1.5-2 years to think everything over and
    if we have a possibility, we'll try to concieve a second child and be ready in advance to influence as much as I and my husband can to concieve a baby girl.

Thank you for the comment about tea. Of course if it influence even somehow It'll be easier to refuse from it at all during TTC.

I still not sure about climbing activity, but it is true I do not know what will be in 2 years.
    Now I think that maybe exessive endurance climbing will not allow mussle growing and such climbing will be fine addition to running exersise.

I'm very happy I found this forum and now I have more than hope,
    I feel that I may influence myself (even if it is not 100% probability) to get my dream come true.

10. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post