Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

A few questions now we're getting closer to attempt

Hi ladies! Just a couple of questions that I can think of just now. Does less sleep sway? So going to bed later and getting less sleep that way will it help a girl sway?

Also I'm really confused about this e4d thing, I had thought that would be best as I only have 2 months worth of clomid. Am I right in thinking we should probably start with this straight away instead of one attempt at opk since we don't have time to waste? Also kind of confused about what e4d actually means. Would this be say attempting on a Monday then again on the Friday? So 4 days later? Or would the next attempt be the Thursday? That sounds like a silly question now but I don't want to get it wrong!

Thanks

2. Thanks cleopatra_2006 thanked for this post
    Likes kothapilla, kmorein liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, less sleep seems to sway pink BUT it can also mess up your fertility as well so don't carry this to extremes.

Yes you need to start off with e4d from the get-go with only 2 months of Clomid.

It's not a silly question at all as actually people do it both ways depending on circumstances. But when we are doing it to boost odds of conception like we are in this case, we treat it so we would end up with attempts on O-3 and O day in the worst case scenario. (it won't necessarily work like this, more likely we'd have attempt O-1 or O-2 but the "worst" situation would be O-3 and O day) This ends up being Monday and Thursday.

BE sure you start the e4d right after your last dose of Clomid and continue on till after you are 110% sure you've ovulated even if this means going straight through till next AF or BFP!

I would also consider, the second month on Clomid, adding in another attempt at pos OPK. This may be a bit more blue friendly. Then the month after the Clomid (if we get that far, which hopefully we won't) go back to the e4d method as the Clomid does still sway pink at least one month after stopping it.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

4. Thanks EnglishDame thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've been staying up later to make for a shorter night sleep. Not extreme or anything just maybe 6 or 6 and a half hours a night instead of 8 or more.

Yesterday I realised I may have went over on grains, I had 2 wholemeal Pittas at one meal and 2 wholemeal slices of bread at another (I know you prefer wheat free bread on LE pcos but I can't stomach it at all)
    I'm not worried about that many grains for one day but if that were more regular would that be bad? I'm only 5 weeks out from our first attempt now so want to make sure what's ok. 155g of carbs it worked out to be, the rest of the carbs came from vegetables mostly.

Thanks again for your advice, you're a star!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok but if you really feel like you need the sleep, don't hesistate to catch up now and then.

It's a little over the rec. amount of 150 g but the metformin corrects for that. I'd feel ok with that since you're on the Met.

7. Thanks EnglishDame thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you! Feeling scared now we're getting closer. I don't feel like I've been strict enough on the diet and that I'm relying too much on the met and clomid. I still have a sugary snack a couple of times a week, I just feel too deprived if I don't! I'll be so annoyed with myself if I've messed up. It's my personality though I never can diet generally either, I've no willpower!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    But you have though. The Metformin corrects for a LOT of diet stuff and then the Clomid is a fantastic sway tactic!!

10. Thanks EnglishDame thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've got 5 weeks to be strict hopefully it'll all be enough and like you always say there's no guarantees. If we get another boy he'll be loved just as much as our son. My heart just aches for that little girl. I know everyone here understands but even my dh doesn't. Although he does want a girl and he's on board with swaying he doesn't get my worry about being disappointed.
    Anyway I'm going off on a tangent here! Really appreciate all of your help and advice!

12. Likes Mommy2apples liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Please don't worry about being too strict though!! That is what I want you to take away from this because I find the people who get super hung up on every scrap of food that goes in their mouths are more likely to have opposites than the people who are laid back about it and follow the 80-20 rule. You are doing the diet right already. You do not need to go any stricter than you are.

14. Thanks EnglishDame thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok, I promise I'll try and not to overthink it

Another quick question if you don't mind. My dh is a serial diy-er, he has admitted to me that he helps himself most days. Could that be raising his testosterone? I feel like he generally has pretty high testosterone and it worries me a bit. What should I have him do in terms of helping himself or not for the next 5 weeks and during our e4d attempts?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You can start off having him help himself every day (if poss) during the e4d - so use the e4d as his release on those days but have him do daily release in between. Then if you don't conceive that way we will drop that over time.

In the interim, I'd just let him do what he does. I am not at all convinced that "high testosterone" works quite like that (and I can go into a mindnumbing explanation if you would like)

17. Thanks EnglishDame thanked for this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast