Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Losing faith

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    See, here's the thing though. I talk to a lot of people who say exactly the same kinds of things you're saying and then they DO get pregnant. I just really, really don't want you to let this mess with your head because what happens is then you end up so convinced you have some bigger issue going on that you throw out the baby with the bathwater and end up swaying blue and have another boy.

To answer your question, yes, your low weight can be causing problems with your cycle. What it looks like to me is not progesterone though. It is estrogen. At about 7 DPO you are supposed to release a burst of estrogen that maintains your cycle longer than prog. by itself can. So if you're not eating enough (particularly of animal fats and calories) and your weight is too low (since your fat cells themselves make estrogen in addition to the fats you get via diet) then that process gets messed up and your cycle gets shorter. your prog comes back totally normal in this scenario because it isn't progesterone, it isn't "weak ovulation" or whatever, it's a lack of estrogen.

The cure for this is luckily the same as for low progesterone - 1 serv. full fat dairy a day, 4-6 eggs a week, 1 serv. salmon if you like it, red meat if you don't. But since this is an ongoing problem and you are below my cutoff, I'd like you to increase this to 2 serv. dairy, 6 eggs a week, and 2 serv. salmon and/or red meat per week. (I mean 2 servings total, mix and match them as u please)

I think I already had you dropping fiber but if you haven't, drop fiber and do not resume it.

Did I have you on any extra vitamins since you've been on diet for so long?
    I'm not taking any vitamins - just folic acid. I have been having about 3 eggs a week, some full fat dairy each day and 1 serving of salmon a week. I will up this and hope it helps. Just had a huge treat meal too, as just really needed it tonight. I'm really not eating that little (although a lot less than I used to) but just think I must have very fast metabolism so struggle to keep the weight on hence the fact I used to have to eat every couple of hours to stop myself feeling faint! I'll try not to panic - I think it must be due to the low weight as never had these spotting, weird cycle problems before. Thank you so much. Wasn't taking fibre anyway. So you don't think I need to go back to the doctor? Really don't want to sway boy after everything I've put into this so don't want to make drastic changes, but do want to get pregnant.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Doctors are not very helpful, usually. Up to you, but I suspect their advice will be "gain weight."

Re vitamins, let's add in iron 18-30 mg 3x a week, zinc 8-15 mg 3xa week, and unless you have thyroid problems 150 IU iodine daily. These are mandatory. You can also add in the lowest dose B12 and D 2x a week if you want to, but you don't have to do this (yet) provided you add in the eggs and dairy.

I know it feels scary to make these changes but what happens all too often is that swayers will resist every change, continuing on at a low weight, their cycle going wack, etc etc etc and won't change anything. Then all of a sudden you will find you've had enough and then give up EVERYTHING and end up swaying blue in a mad rush just to get pregnant. So PLEASE make the little changes over time instead of resisting everything and then suddenly giving up and doing a 180 degree turn in a panic you can't get pregnant!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Doctors are not very helpful, usually. Up to you, but I suspect their advice will be "gain weight."

Re vitamins, let's add in iron 18-30 mg 3x a week, zinc 8-15 mg 3xa week, and unless you have thyroid problems 150 IU iodine daily. These are mandatory. You can also add in the lowest dose B12 and D 2x a week if you want to, but you don't have to do this (yet) provided you add in the eggs and dairy.

I know it feels scary to make these changes but what happens all too often is that swayers will resist every change, continuing on at a low weight, their cycle going wack, etc etc etc and won't change anything. Then all of a sudden you will find you've had enough and then give up EVERYTHING and end up swaying blue in a mad rush just to get pregnant. So PLEASE make the little changes over time instead of resisting everything and then suddenly giving up and doing a 180 degree turn in a panic you can't get pregnant!
    Thank you so much for this. Been busy with my youngest son's birthday but will get my hands on some vitamins. The doc was useless - said my progesterone was perfect and that the luteal phase wasn't an issue and that perhaps I was ovulating earlier than I thought from charting and that I need to be getting attempts in earlier (I didn't say we were going for one attempt obviously). Also thinks we should test hubby's sperm (which he is not keen to do!) We'll give it another couple of months and see how we go. At the moment focussing on trying to relax hubby and ease his performance anxiety so that we can actually achieve E4D!! Fingers crossed this will be our month.

4. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Fingers and toes crossed too!

For reasons I don't fully understand, some docs are just so unhelpful it's like pulling teeth. But yes I think we need the earlier and more attempts as we talked about already.

Tons of men won't do the SA so if he won't do it, don't worry, the docs hear that all the time.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Aww I know how hard that situation is. Swaying and TTC in general can really take over your thoughts and life in general. Try to discount the months where hinge went wrong and then if you're maybe on 3 or so months when you could have got pregnant, well that's pretty normal? I started swaying in Nov 2015 but ended up doing the LE diet waaaaaaay too strictly and basically made myself infertile! I followed Atomic's advice and added in some full fat dairy and basically was a lot less strict on the diet, which sorted out the length of my luteal phase.

Then I had a miscarriage at ten weeks last November, and am now 17 eeeks pregnant. I am thinking about whether we could go through this journey again as I have strong suspicions this baby is another boy... not sure I can face doing it all again, but we will see! Good luck and I hope you conceive soon x

7. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So, another month with no results. Luteal phase seems better this month at 11 days with no spotting. We did E4D this month but still no luck. I didn't get chance to get the vitamins last month so am going tomorrow - can I just ask what the iron, zinc and iodine do? - is it just to make sure the body can build a strong enough lining to implant as I seem to be ovulating OK? Getting seriously fed up with BFN's now so am happy to follow any advice you give just wanting to understand it. Should I add attempts or just stick to E4D this month? Anything else I should change? Thanks as always for your help!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We're not totally sure how it all works, but your body will sometimes "get nervous" about not having enough nutrients coming in and takes steps to actually keep you from getting pregnant (some of these things we know about, others no one understands yet). Since iron, zinc, and iodine are the most likely nutrients to be in short supply on LE Diet, that is what I have people add in. Sometimes I have people add in Vitamin D and B12 but only if they have reason to believe they are deficient in it. If you wanted to you could also try the lowest dose D and B12 you could find, either 1 or 2 times a week. Totally at your discretion.

Whether or not to add attempts is up to you. That is one of those things I honestly can't tell people (and never would want to) since it's such an individualized decision to make. If you want best chance of pink, keep going with e4d another month or two and let the supplements possibly do their job. If you want better chance of conception, then add an attempt at positive OPK or go to e3d, whichever you think will work better for you.

Are you doing Preseed, or guanefesin, or female O?

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We're not totally sure how it all works, but your body will sometimes "get nervous" about not having enough nutrients coming in and takes steps to actually keep you from getting pregnant (some of these things we know about, others no one understands yet). Since iron, zinc, and iodine are the most likely nutrients to be in short supply on LE Diet, that is what I have people add in. Sometimes I have people add in Vitamin D and B12 but only if they have reason to believe they are deficient in it. If you wanted to you could also try the lowest dose D and B12 you could find, either 1 or 2 times a week. Totally at your discretion.

Whether or not to add attempts is up to you. That is one of those things I honestly can't tell people (and never would want to) since it's such an individualized decision to make. If you want best chance of pink, keep going with e4d another month or two and let the supplements possibly do their job. If you want better chance of conception, then add an attempt at positive OPK or go to e3d, whichever you think will work better for you.

Are you doing Preseed, or guanefesin, or female O?
    Thank you - that makes total sense. I've always had on and off problems with low iron and had to have B12 injections about a year ago but last time they checked (a few months back now) - B12 was OK. I'll start with the iron, iodine and zinc and see how that goes. We will continue with E4D - we are doing the mon, thurs, sun etc version so a bit higher odds of conception anyway. Have relaxed the diet a bit too and think I'll stop temping as I find that adds stress about when i'm ovulating. Going to TRY to just relax, enjoy my boys, stop worrying about the ever increasing age gap, and have a 'what will be will be' attitude but hard when you want something so much.

Not added the preseed/guanefesin as i do have some EWCM still (nowhere near as much as i did)but did do female O most attempts!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok. I think we are on the right track and now while I know it's difficult, just try to remember that some months just aren't THE month - it doens't always mean you haven't "fixed" things, it may mean that you have and it just still wasn't the right month for the right sperm to meet the right egg.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you. I'll keep you posted!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12