Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

To Dtd or not to Dtd

So here goes...
    Third cycle TTC girl after two early miscarriages
    As mentioned, was always super lucky to get pregnant within first or second cycle of trying, so I've dropped a few sway tactics that atomic said doesn't really help
    Ie. Acijel/rephresh

Switched to digital dual hormone last cycle cos the cheapos were hard to use and it's been good!

Dtd on Sunday (4 days ago)

Got two days of flashy smiley face wed and thurs morning - we Dtd last night (Thursday) and this morning (Friday), it's a solid smiley face.
    Last night's Dtd - I only jumped and dumped after about 15 minutes plus used small smudge of preseed to lubricate

Took femara this cycle

Should I Dtd tonight or follow a e4d pattern and dtd Sunday?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiengr View Post
    So here goes...
    Third cycle TTC girl after two early miscarriages
    As mentioned, was always super lucky to get pregnant within first or second cycle of trying, so I've dropped a few sway tactics that atomic said doesn't really help
    Ie. Acijel/rephresh

Switched to digital dual hormone last cycle cos the cheapos were hard to use and it's been good!

Dtd on Sunday (4 days ago)

Got two days of flashy smiley face wed and thurs morning - we Dtd last night (Thursday) and this morning (Friday), it's a solid smiley face.
    Last night's Dtd - I only jumped and dumped after about 15 minutes plus used small smudge of preseed to lubricate

Took femara this cycle

Should I Dtd tonight or follow a e4d pattern and dtd Sunday?

Thanks!

Sorry I won't be able to help with the answer you are looking for but what does jump and dump mean??

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    All good.
    I remember being new once and trying to figure out all the terms - it also helps to type it into the search term and it will bring up all the conversations about it and more often than not, an Indepth explanation from our resident sway guru Atomic.

Jump and dump is basically after Dtd, you get up and wipe off/clean up to reduce the amount of sperm

4. Likes Nowmarriedgirl liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Since you had two attempts around ovulation, I would just stick with e4d from here on out unless Atomic has advised you otherwise.
    '12
    '14
    '15 '15 '16
    🌈 '17 (LE sway opposite)

Dreaming of pink through HT or adoption
    FET January 2021: 1 HBAA XX - BFN
    FET #2 August 2022: 1 HBAA XX - BFP!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the reply ksmom
    I Re-read my post and realised i worded it wrong
    My first attempt this cycle was on Sunday night and the second was last night before this morning's positive OPK (ie. no dtd this morning)
    Meant to ask if I should dtd again tonight since yesterday's mornings OPK was only a flashy smiley face not a solid one like this morning
    But I'll stick with just yesterday's attempt cos I'm worried that dtd again tonight will mean that I'm hurting my pink swap too much
    Thanks again for replying. I really appreciate it
    Really painful cramping tonight / hoping I'm ovulating tonight or tomorrow to give this cycle a good shot at pregnancy!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You know, since you did Femara I actually think a BD tonight (it's Friday for me but I think you're on Saturday, yes?) would be in order. Thursday may still be 2 full days from O and if you have Oed already, that attempt will have covered you, and if it's about to happen, the sperm won't have capacitated for at least a few more hours after that. So really an attempt tonight will just cover you if you O on the outside edge of the 48 hour window or are even having one of those months that happens occasionally, where O happens more like 72 hrs. after positive OPK.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

8. Likes Chiengr liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Femara makes O pains like nothing else, from what I've heard!

If you really want to stick with one attempt totally fine if you are cool with it! Whatever option works best for you.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

10. Likes Chiengr liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks atomic!
    Really appreciate your wisdom / I had to laugh at how everyone on this site hangs on for your reply and it's so much because you invest so much in all this that we feel like we trust you!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yep... aching back pain and really strong cramps last night which has eased off to a mild ache this morning
    Good to know it's not just in my head!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Update that we didn't end up dtd Saturday as hubby was not up to it but dtd Sunday night instead.

Had day 16 progesterone level done today which came back as 82nmol/L - indicating ovulation has occurred and I'm in luteal phase. From the level it's likely that I ovulated more than 24 hours ago which puts ovulation at either Friday night or Saturday.
    Hopefully that means I'm in for a good chance of getting BFP this cycle!

After 2 early miscarriages and being of fairly low BMI (17.5)
    I'm wondering what you would advise re:diet for the 2ww.
    Is the low Blood sugar levels still something I should maintain for the next few days until I'm sure the egg might have been fertilised or should I start eating at higher limits of LE PCOS?
    I feel like I need to eat more to get my weight to a better range of maintaining a healthy pregnancy but at the same time, don't want to jeopardise the next cycle if this cycle doesn't work out.
    I'm thinking of dropping the caffeine for now as there are questions about caffeine causing increased risk of early miscarriages.
    Thanks in advance!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast