Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Exercise question-please help!

Hi. I'm new to posting but been reading and swaying from afar. I have two boys 5 & 2. I'm 33 and DH 36. I've done really well with limits of le diet. I've surprised myself with my commitment and how bad I want to make a girl. I've gone full vegetarian with little dairy (most having little to no fat) and most all fat from plants. I do coffee, alcohol, antihistamine (I do anyway for my health needs), and zero snacks. I barely cheated and it was mostly with alcohol when I did.

Here's my concern-I was doing cardio of walk/run for an hour almost everyday for almost 8 weeks. I am a runner, so I love it. I lost a little more than 20 lb (I'm 5'7" and 123lbs). Then, after 8 weeks, I broke my big toe big time, and doctor said no to exercise. Got back on it a bit over the last two weeks, but with all the fires here in California, the air quality is too poor for cardio, especially with my asthma, and I had to stop again. I read a lot about the doing cardio by the recommended way or full couch potato. I'm concerned I've fallen into the blue friendly middle zone of light activity. I'm due to ovulate at the end of the month and wanted to start ttc. Is it too late to be a couch potato? Have I messed up my sway? Advice? Thanks in advance!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    How much fat are you getting in total and the fat in fruit and vegetables DOES NOT COUNT.

Things like nuts and seeds and grains DO count.

Re the exercise, it's gotten such good results that I think you guys should do it even if you can't follow the "rules" (which I made up LOL) and so I'd have you pick it up again when you're ready.

So sorry about the smoke though!! FX it clears out for you soon.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So happy to find your answer! Thank you! I am always in the 26-60 range, but usually on the low side. If I do a cheat, it's never too bad, but usually fat. Fries! Honestly I usually factor it in my totals, so can have it. My eventual baby will also be part potato, as you described your DD. Sounds like I've been counting correctly too. I've not really touched nuts at all. Easier to avoid because I love them so. Funny too because I ate nuts and full fat dairy everyday before Le. Boy mom makes sense. I do a bit of whole grains. Trying to use pink friendly fats you described in your essay. I'm good at studying. Lol.

So with ovulation due around the 30th, is it ok to pick up exercise in the last week after being less on it? The air has cleared here and I have inhalers. Hallelujah! I would actually love it. I'm actually concerned about my worrying impacting my testosterone levels. I'm good, like clinically good at worry. An hr a day really helped me be cheerful.

I wish I had been brave enough to post and purchase sooner. This is wonderful support. Thanks for all the nurture you give us. No more swaying from afar.

4. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If anything people seem to need more fat anyway so no worries there

The exercise has been so good for so long that I no longer worry too much about theoretical concerns like "raising testosterone at last minute" which has never been proven anyway. And I think the help with relaxing and not worrying really helps your sway so I'm all for it.

So glad to hear the air is better!!

I am happy to help - I really LOVE helping you guys and if I could I'd do it all for free. Please don't hesitate, it's what I am here for.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks so much for your help. Happy to announce that I am pregnant! Happy to add my sway, but it will be unlikely that we find out until birth. I'm hopeful, but I am very much wanting the little bundle we made. Celebrating with meat, dairy, and snacks again! Thank you so much!
    I have 5 year old and 2 year old and "bow ties are cool," but would love to have hair bows.

7. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Geek Mama View Post
    Thanks so much for your help. Happy to announce that I am pregnant! Happy to add my sway, but it will be unlikely that we find out until birth. I'm hopeful, but I am very much wanting the little bundle we made. Celebrating with meat, dairy, and snacks again! Thank you so much!
    Congratulations!!! Fingers crossed...please do share your sway. Lol

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

9. Likes Geek Mama liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    How much fat are you getting in total and the fat in fruit and vegetables DOES NOT COUNT.

Things like nuts and seeds and grains DO count.

Re the exercise, it's gotten such good results that I think you guys should do it even if you can't follow the "rules" (which I made up LOL) and so I'd have you pick it up again when you're ready.

So sorry about the smoke though!! FX it clears out for you soon.
    Hi atomic. Hope you are well. I haven't been around for a while as I've just been concentrating on my sway but not wanting to allow it to take over my life and thoughts. I've just read this comment regarding exercise and I know you are saying exercise anyway even if you cant follow the recommendations but I was wondering whether that applies to the hours minimum exercise? I would more than likely still do an hour exercise anyway but some days I cant do the full hour but could manage half an hour, would that undermine my sway? I hope this hasn't been asked elsewhere.
    2005 2008 2012 2014 2016 (sway opposite)
    Am currently with (sway opposites)

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    huge congrats GM!!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mandyp85 View Post
    Hi atomic. Hope you are well. I haven't been around for a while as I've just been concentrating on my sway but not wanting to allow it to take over my life and thoughts. I've just read this comment regarding exercise and I know you are saying exercise anyway even if you cant follow the recommendations but I was wondering whether that applies to the hours minimum exercise? I would more than likely still do an hour exercise anyway but some days I cant do the full hour but could manage half an hour, would that undermine my sway? I hope this hasn't been asked elsewhere.
    If you're doing an hour most of the time and have lost at least a little weight on a lower protein diet it's fine.

13. Thanks mandyp85 thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    If you're doing an hour most of the time and have lost at least a little weight on a lower protein diet it's fine.
    Sorry atomic I did put up my own post in the forum about this so please disregard that :-)

Yes I have lost around 10lb in the last 10 weeks, I don't really have a lot to lost now but I'm due to make my first attempt any day now.

Thank you for taking the time to respond
    2005 2008 2012 2014 2016 (sway opposite)
    Am currently with (sway opposites)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast