Page 26 of 65 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    emshe - I do not recommend aspirin for anyone who does not have a proven blood clotting disorder (and the handful of people who insist on taking it for swaying) It does NOT help with implantation and only helps prevent miscarriage in a minority of people who have blood clotting disorders. Some information indicates that it may CAUSE miscarriage in some other people. So I can't recommend it for anyone who has not been told to take it for some specific reason.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by ABC.2606 View Post
    Emshe - I forget but did you say they told you to move Clomid back from days 3-7 to 5-9 because of your short LP? Because I think my OBGYN told me the opposite - when he started me on it he said do days 3-7 because I have such short cycles and a shorter LP (about 10 days). Also - When I saw the RE last month, she said that Clomid works better (in terms of conception) when taken days 3-7. She didn't really tell me what that was based on (data/studies/her experience), but she seemed pretty confident in that. And I think I told you this before, but I definitely saw more changes in the way my body was responding to Clomid on my 3rd cycle taking it then I did in the first two cycles - it was like it really "kicked in" on that 3rd cycle.

Are you thinking of taking this cycle off and then trying w/ Clomid again next cycle or trying this cycle and then taking a break next cycle?
    This is also what my observation was - the people on 5-9 just were not getting pregnant and the people with CD 3-7 were.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    And no, baby aspirin does not really sway. When we calculated the inverses we found the identical number of people getting girls with and without using it, and this was about the same as the overall success rate of the site. If something works we need to see more people getting girls with it than without it and this number needs to be higher than the overall success rate of the site to prove it's adding something beyond what we are already getting with the other sway tactics.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

New 2018 Clomid AND Femara support threads!

Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    And no, baby aspirin does not really sway. When we calculated the inverses we found the identical number of people getting girls with and without using it, and this was about the same as the overall success rate of the site. If something works we need to see more people getting girls with it than without it and this number needs to be higher than the overall success rate of the site to prove it's adding something beyond what we are already getting with the other sway tactics.
    The diet really doesn’t bother me & I love the exercise, nothing to do with the sway is difficult although my weight hasn’t really come back on, it’s staying more stable.

I guess my concern with the clomid is my luteal phase? But looking at it (see below) taking it days 3-7 was actually better for luteal phase as it bought ov forward. Maybe I should try day 2-6?

First clomid cycle I took it @CD 3-7
    Positive opk @CD 15(9pm)
    Likely ovulation @CD 16 or 17
    AF started @CD 25, spotting 24
    LP - 8-9 days

Second clomid cycle I took it @CD 5-9
    Positive opk @CD 18
    Likely ovulation @ CD 19
    AF started @ CD 26 spotting from 24( start at CD 26 to be confirmed but things really seem to be kicking off now)
    LP - 6 days

I am tempted to give clomid another go and then have a natural cycle the next 1 or 2 if my lp doesn’t improve. Then that’s it.

Anything else I can do to lengthen the luteal phase? I do 4 eggs, salmon 1/week, yoghurt daily, & always hit 50-60g fat & protein. Maybe pull back exercise to 5 times? Any supplements or do they sway strongly? I’m hitting 1700 cals, but the amount of veg I eat that’s not included is quite a lot, I love my Veges. Should I go higher again?

I do feel a month off without trying is a good idea. I’ve booked a weekend away where we conceived our first and I plan to drink a few drinks beyond meal times for the first time in years... 2 days of not really adhering too strictly, something that will thrill hubby! He may not want to ever get back. I will definitely go over on numbers whilst away

Thank you so much atomic, you rock!
    & for the info on aspirin

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/35220b
    Last edited by emshe; April 19th, 2018 at 04:58 PM.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry about over sharing, but irl I don't talk about this with anyone so I'm bubbling over:

I felt twinges in my uterus yesterday.
    born 2017 after girl sway: AI + Clomid
    born 2019 after girl sway. : AI + j&d (no Clomid)
    Due #3 Nov 2020: AI + breastfeeding

6. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsEnglish View Post
    Sorry about over sharing, but irl I don't talk about this with anyone so I'm bubbling over:

I felt twinges in my uterus yesterday.
    Hmm i felt that too yesterday but didn’t have my attempt yet. Maybe I’m thinking to much about getting pg

DS1 2010
    DS2 2012
    DS3 January 2020 - endometriosis - DH low motility

Due Date 23.08.2021

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by onebigwish View Post
    Hmm i felt that too yesterday but didn’t have my attempt yet. Maybe I’m thinking to much about getting pg
    I still feel them sometimes and I am 10000% not pregnant.

I know it's exciting but I feel like people get more upset when they symptom spot then when they don't.

i hope this is is, Mrs. E!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I actually think CD 2-6 is worse than CD 5-9. I suspect CD 2-6 makes a poorer lining.

What happens with Clomid is that it blocks estrogen. You kind of need things to get going a little before you start the Clomid so you aren't totally without estrogen when it's time for you to get ready to ovulate. Your lining is actually growing even when you are on your period, growing from the inside out, and it's 2/5 to 3/5 of the way grown back while you are still on your period. If you start the Clomid too early, I believe it interrupts this process and your body then doesn't have time to make as good a lining because the estrogen gets blocked and then everything starts to go pear shaped. Remember we have no idea how any of this works really, and I feel very emphatic that the CD 3-7 is best for most people and this is especially true for people who are having trouble on it anyway.

go up to 6 eggs a week and yes do cut back exercise. Up cals to 1800-2000. keep eating the vegetables.

none of the supplements that supposedly help with LP do anything and many of them make matters worse because they also delay ovulation.

Have a wonderful weekend away!!!!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

New 2018 Clomid AND Femara support threads!

Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    I actually think CD 2-6 is worse than CD 5-9. I suspect CD 2-6 makes a poorer lining.

What happens with Clomid is that it blocks estrogen. You kind of need things to get going a little before you start the Clomid so you aren't totally without estrogen when it's time for you to get ready to ovulate. Your lining is actually growing even when you are on your period, growing from the inside out, and it's 2/5 to 3/5 of the way grown back while you are still on your period. If you start the Clomid too early, I believe it interrupts this process and your body then doesn't have time to make as good a lining because the estrogen gets blocked and then everything starts to go pear shaped. Remember we have no idea how any of this works really, and I feel very emphatic that the CD 3-7 is best for most people and this is especially true for people who are having trouble on it anyway.

go up to 6 eggs a week and yes do cut back exercise. Up cals to 1800-2000. keep eating the vegetables.

none of the supplements that supposedly help with LP do anything and many of them make matters worse because they also delay ovulation.

Have a wonderful weekend away!!!!
    Got it! I’ll do 3-7 again, you had hoped the 5-9 may work better but unfortunately it didn’t seem to. Pinning my hopes on responding better to it in June based on being more used to it.
    My lining was always thick at early scans for HT so I think it will be fine with 3-7!? My AF was almost as heavy as always so hasn’t impacted that. Maybe I’m lacking iron?

Will cut back to 5 days exercise for a while. And yeah I’ve been hitting 1800 a lot so I’ll keep going. Definitely 2000 while away with a few extra alcohol
    Good to know about supps I’ll stick with folate & metformin.

Thank you I’m sure we will enjoy ourselves!

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/35220b
    Last edited by emshe; April 21st, 2018 at 06:28 PM.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Even though I'm impulsive in most areas, I've been uncharacteristically disciplined about not POAS early. The earliest I've ever POAS is 12 DPO. BUT this cycle I have unusually high hopes of being pregnant so I'm going to test tomorrow which will be 9 or 10 DPO. I have such high hopes for this cycle, that I feel like if I get a BFN tomorrow that will be an easier letdown than if I wait until 13 DPO like I originally planned.
    born 2017 after girl sway: AI + Clomid
    born 2019 after girl sway. : AI + j&d (no Clomid)
    Due #3 Nov 2020: AI + breastfeeding

Page 26 of 65 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast