Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Protein in potatoes

Hi everybody! I know I have seen this info somewhere but now I don't find it... How do I count cal and prot from potatoes? I think cals are counted and prot not? Does this rule apply even if I eat like 15 g prot from potatoes a day? At the moment I am counting prot from potatoes as well, but I go over 60 g almost everyday i'm exercising and most days it's like 62 g of prot a day, but if I really didn't have to cound prot from potatoes, that would make me feel much better ;-)

Thank you for answering!!

08/2014 04/2016

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Do not count protein or fat, only calories. Atomic has listed here what counts for calories, fat, and/or protein (scroll down to the section "low nutrient, not no nutrient") . Hope that helps!
    '12
    '14
    '15 '15 '16
    🌈 '17 (LE sway opposite)

Dreaming of pink through HT or adoption
    FET January 2021: 1 HBAA XX - BFN
    FET #2 August 2022: 1 HBAA XX - BFP!

3. Thanks Verena thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Potatoes are free for protein. They are considered high carb veg and I don't want you guys to count the protein.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    the "protein" in potatoes is not well used by the body and is not complete. It doesn't count towards your LE Diet protein requirements in the way that other foods do. Don't count the protein in potatoes not only to ensure you don't go over, but to ensure you are getting ENOUGH real protein.

6. Likes Verena liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    the "protein" in potatoes is not well used by the body and is not complete. It doesn't count towards your LE Diet protein requirements in the way that other foods do. Don't count the protein in potatoes not only to ensure you don't go over, but to ensure you are getting ENOUGH real protein.
    Thank you atomic, I didn't know about this! Potatoes are a real LE diet super food! I think I will have even more of them now! ;-)

08/2014 04/2016

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    They are, they really are. I wish I could get everyone to stop avoiding potatoes for LE Diet. After I read a book about the Irish potato famine in which I learned that starting in the 1600's everyone in Ireland basically ate nothing BUT potatoes cooked in salt water with very little else, not even butter, and did so for over 200 years before the potato famine hit (seriously they were eating 14 pounds of potatoes per person, per day) and there is no record of any disturbance in the gender ratio towards massive quantities of boys being born - in fact the tale I was reading involved a family who had 8 daughters, and they were a real family who actually did live - the whole potatoes = boys idea I realized to be entirely nonsense because it simply couldn't be true.

Both the Irish and the Incas, the original developers of the potato, ate massive amounts of them...and the Incas could not be drinking any dairy whatsoever to compensate since they did not have any dairy animals (even though you can read some claims online to the contrary the Incas did not drink much milk from their animals and are also all lactose intolerant). These things just do not add up and when you read the original French Gender Diet book they basically went and picked out a handful of cultures whose diets and slightly skewed gender ratios seemed to support their claims (China, European Jewish) while ignoring all the cultures whose diets/gender ratios didn't (Ireland, Africa, Scandinavia).

Even the claims about potassium and swaying don't hold up because on the mineral balancing diets they are ingesting tons of dairy which has lots of potassium in it already and so in order to stay in their potassium limits, they have to give up all other potassium-containing foods. But on LE Diet we aren't doing tons of dairy and we actually can have a hard time getting enough potassium (which is the same on all sway diets since it's the amount necessary for your body to function, 2500-3500 mg daily). So potatoes are a great way to get that potassium and calories without any protein or fat (except for the fats you add to them, of course)

Long story short, potatoes are great for LE Dieters. My daughter is like 30% potato!

9. Likes Verena liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    They are, they really are. I wish I could get everyone to stop avoiding potatoes for LE Diet. After I read a book about the Irish potato famine in which I learned that starting in the 1600's everyone in Ireland basically ate nothing BUT potatoes cooked in salt water with very little else, not even butter, and did so for over 200 years before the potato famine hit (seriously they were eating 14 pounds of potatoes per person, per day) and there is no record of any disturbance in the gender ratio towards massive quantities of boys being born - in fact the tale I was reading involved a family who had 8 daughters, and they were a real family who actually did live - the whole potatoes = boys idea I realized to be entirely nonsense because it simply couldn't be true.

Both the Irish and the Incas, the original developers of the potato, ate massive amounts of them...and the Incas could not be drinking any dairy whatsoever to compensate since they did not have any dairy animals (even though you can read some claims online to the contrary the Incas did not drink much milk from their animals and are also all lactose intolerant). These things just do not add up and when you read the original French Gender Diet book they basically went and picked out a handful of cultures whose diets and slightly skewed gender ratios seemed to support their claims (China, European Jewish) while ignoring all the cultures whose diets/gender ratios didn't (Ireland, Africa, Scandinavia).

Even the claims about potassium and swaying don't hold up because on the mineral balancing diets they are ingesting tons of dairy which has lots of potassium in it already and so in order to stay in their potassium limits, they have to give up all other potassium-containing foods. But on LE Diet we aren't doing tons of dairy and we actually can have a hard time getting enough potassium (which is the same on all sway diets since it's the amount necessary for your body to function, 2500-3500 mg daily). So potatoes are a great way to get that potassium and calories without any protein or fat (except for the fats you add to them, of course)

Long story short, potatoes are great for LE Dieters. My daughter is like 30% potato!
    Hi Atomic, just wanted to check if this is still true for 2020? Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    praying and swaying

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It is EXTRA true in 2020!! We have completely given this stuff up and our results are higher than ever.

12. Likes Abifasc liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It is EXTRA true in 2020!! We have completely given this stuff up and our results are higher than ever.
    Great! So potatoes are totally ok?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    praying and swaying

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    They are totally ok and in fact can be a very good alternate diet food.

I think I linked you to this in another thread but in case I didn't, here's the full explanation of why potatoes were ever said to be blue friendly and why they aren't at all, and are ok on LE Diet https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum...s-edition.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast