Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

How much is a serving of cheese?

My plan includes one serving of full fat dairy a day. With cheese how much is that? Too much dairy may sway boy, so I'm thinking of cheese as a sometimes food.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    1 oz of cheese is like a pair of dice. Most serving guidelines have 1 oz cheese = 1 serving. So every "die" is 1/2 oz.

What I used to do (not only for swaying, but for dieting in general, because I find cheese to be a good diet food for me since I like it and it is easy) was that I"d get an 8 or 16 or 32 oz. block of cheese and then I'd precut it evenly using the power of fractions, LOL, into whatever serving size I wanted to have. Since cheese comes in a brick it's really handy to simply slice the brick down the middle and then into 1 or 2 oz. squares, then cut those squares up more as needed till you have a little ziploc of cheese squares ready to go.

It's also very easy to know exactly how much protein and fat is in each square that way too.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

3. Thanks gafan thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    1 oz of cheese is like a pair of dice. Most serving guidelines have 1 oz cheese = 1 serving. So every "die" is 1/2 oz.

What I used to do (not only for swaying, but for dieting in general, because I find cheese to be a good diet food for me since I like it and it is easy) was that I"d get an 8 or 16 or 32 oz. block of cheese and then I'd precut it evenly using the power of fractions, LOL, into whatever serving size I wanted to have. Since cheese comes in a brick it's really handy to simply slice the brick down the middle and then into 1 or 2 oz. squares, then cut those squares up more as needed till you have a little ziploc of cheese squares ready to go.

It's also very easy to know exactly how much protein and fat is in each square that way too.
    Useful tip! And now I am trying to figure out how many ounces of cheese in a slice of Dominos Brooklyn pizza... ; )

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

5. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    EXACTLY yes it can also be helpful to use when figuring out recipes since you will then know how much pro, fat, and cals is in an ounce of cheese and with something like pizza, it's just a simple math problem to figure it out.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ