Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Contemplating more relaxed sway after sway opposite, need advise.

Hoping for some advise. I have a beautiful DS 5 months old who is my sway opposite (but so loved by his big brother and I agree now with atomic that little boys should come in pairs ��). Last sway I was on the LE diet for nearly 6 months with exercise, coffee, alcohol and one attempt. I was a bit sway obsessed I think (in my nature unfortunately)I think that had a lot to do with me getting my opposite. We are not sure we are even going to try for a third child but I would still dearly love a DD. I am hoping to start a relaxed version of the LE PCOS diet for the few months in the hope I can convince DH to try again as we are both getting older (I'm 37, he's 45) time is not our friend. This time I don't think I can comit to regular exercise 6 days a week as I just am too tired and don't have time (should I do none or just moderate or will that sway blue?)and I don't want to track everything I eat as this just fed into my previous eating disorder tendencies last time. So I am after advise as to how to go about this in the most relaxed way I can but still increase my chances of having a girl. I have had to stop breastfeeding DS due to his health issues and hope that won't sway too blue for me. Any suggestions as to how to do the PCOS version of LE without obsessing over food would be appreciated. Also is alcohol and coffee with milk and sugar ok on PCOS LE diet or better avoided?

I am also going to take the pill for the next few months until hubby decides if he is prepared to try for #3 or have a vasectomy. How many months in advance before any attempt would I need to stop this?
    Last edited by Kelbear; January 15th, 2018 at 05:53 AM.

2. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    kel, can you bump this for me? thought I'd have time to get to it today, but I am wiped out!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Bumping for atomic

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Though I would also ask re cardio - last time I started doing 60 mins walking 5-6 times s week but towards the end of 6 months ttc dropped toaround 4-5 days per week as didn't have the energy or much weight left to spare. Should I just leave it out completely this time or start and do my best (unlikely to be able to do more than 4-5 times a week especially in the hot weather as have to drag my boys with me) and only have around 3-4 kg to play with this time. I don't want to drop more than that as starting to get into dangerous territory for me re ovulation and eating disordered thinking.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Bumping in the hope for some advise

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Do you actually have PCOS or more than 30-50 lbs to spare??? Sometimes I will have people do moderate exercise in that case because the benefits to blood sugar and weight loss outweigh the risk to growing muscle.

So what I'd have you do for now is just go vegetarian with an emphasis on whole grains, fruits, and vegetables. Don't worry about any of the rest of it for now.

Yes, coffee with milk and alcohol are both allowed on LE Diet. I would skip the sugar for the PCO version.

Re the pill - coming off of it right before you are ready to try to conceive may help your pink sway. So I'd stay on it till the month you're ready to start trying. Then once you're off it either start e4d or doing OPK in preparation for one attempt at first positive.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelbear View Post
    Though I would also ask re cardio - last time I started doing 60 mins walking 5-6 times s week but towards the end of 6 months ttc dropped toaround 4-5 days per week as didn't have the energy or much weight left to spare. Should I just leave it out completely this time or start and do my best (unlikely to be able to do more than 4-5 times a week especially in the hot weather as have to drag my boys with me) and only have around 3-4 kg to play with this time. I don't want to drop more than that as starting to get into dangerous territory for me re ovulation and eating disordered thinking.
    Probably leave it out totally unless you have moderate to severe PCO or else more than 30 lbs to lose (which I see you don't)

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you so much for your reply. I don't have PCOS but had gestational diabetes with DS 1 and although passed all the tests with DS 2 he was over 9lb so think there might be some insulin resistance or something going (possibly due to years of starving myself in my teenage years/20s).
    I will leave out exercise for now and try to go whole grain/fruitveg with a little chicken (almost impossible to go full vegetarian in my household but will try my best).
    Is it ok to have some chicken if I need to ensure I get enough protein?
    Don't think I can do no sugar in my coffee so is it better to just leave it out altogether than have one or two with sugar in them? I have one in the am (substitute breakfast) then the other with my lunch
    I will stay on the pill til I can 100%convince hubby to try for #3. Hoping I can convince him sooner rather than later as don't want to be another 6+ months on diet.
    Thanks again for your advise.
    Last edited by Kelbear; January 18th, 2018 at 04:10 PM.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Kelbear, it's nice seeing your name start popping up again. Congrats on DS2. Where in Aust are you from?

I can empathise with you re trying for #3. Unfortunately I didn't know about swaying prior to DD2 so I don't understand the added complexity of already having swayed and having had an opposite. I will be interested to see how your journey goes and who knows potentially see you in the ttc/2ww or due date forum.
    DD1 (2014)
    DD2 (2016)
    Our sway is getting into NOW or NEVER territory

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks MiaMelb. I took a break from here for a while after it was confirmed I was having a second boy as I needed to get my head around my disappointment and it seemed almost everyone else was getting their desired gender but me and I felt like such a failure. Now DS2 has joined our family I wouldn't have it any other way. My two boys are so close already and I am sure they will be best mates for a long time. If I don't get a chance to try for a Dd though I will be disappointed as I still feel like there is room for one more child in our family and although I would dearly love a little girl I would love another boy too if that's what we got but not sure ican convince hubby. I think if I could guarantee a DD he might be more willing to try but he says two is enough financially etc. I am keen to try a loose sway for the next few months in the hope I can change his mind. I had a fairly strict sway last time (especially for the first 3-4 months but had to relax a little after 6 months ttc) so this time I am not going to get obsessive and just go with the flow as much as I can ( will still obsess a bit no doubt). Fingers crossed your sway works. If I can convince hubby to try we will ttc from march as I want 10 weeks on LE first as had reverted to very boy friendly diet post having DS.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast