Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ovulation help/experiences. Very long cycle

Hi ladies
    Currently on cd 49, still waiting for ovulation :-(
    Anyone else experienced a super long cycle while swaying? It’s realy getting me down and I feel like I am ruining my sway by trying to eat more to encourage ovulation.
    Anyone else had a cycle this long and still gone on to get a positive opk and even bfp? I need some hope right now!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What's your diet like? You may not be eating enough calories or fat. Are you exercising? Breastfeeding?

I went through the same thing when swaying. A few years back I stopped ovulating in July and didn't ovulate again until October! I had to cut down on exercise and up fat and calories to get ovulation back. We did conceive that first ovulation but I miscarried. That's not to say the same will happen to you. I do get worried though when pink swayers stop ovulating because it usually means something isn't right with diet. Don't feel bad about eating differently to get ovulation going again because if you're not ovulating you can't get pregnant, and if you can't get pregnant you have no chance at a girl or any baby for that matter.
    '12
    '14
    '15 '15 '16
    🌈 '17 (LE sway opposite)

Dreaming of pink through HT or adoption
    FET January 2021: 1 HBAA XX - BFN
    FET #2 August 2022: 1 HBAA XX - BFP!

3. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am vegan, I am breastfeeding 2-5 times a day (son is 18 months), And I was exercising 6 days a week but brought that down to 3 times a week now (worried that may sway blue) maybe I should give up exercise all together?
    I increased my calories to 2000 on Atomic’s instruction, and fat to 50-60g. But having quite a few cheat days where calories are way over 2,500 which I know is really bad but I am just giving up hope!!

Sorry to hear you had a loss. Must be so awful. Big hugs.
    Did you do anything to resume ovulation? Were you breastfeeding? I don’t want to have to wean.

5. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Is it new for you to have long cycles? Were you ever regular?

I have thin PCOS and since getting my period 13 years ago, I have never had a regular cycle for more than 9 months in a row. So I was in your position 2 years ago trying to get pregnant but not ovulating. When you have such a long cycle, one of two things can happen:
    1. You don't ovulate, but you eventually get your period anyway, which hopefully (but not definitely) resets things.
    2. You ovulate late -- and you can get pregnant from it!

You MIGHT want to look into a medicine that induced ovulation like Clomid or Femara. A bonus is that they sway girl. BTW I recommend NOT trying herbs that are supposed to induce ovulation like Maca, Vitex, Soy isoflavones -- I tried them all and none helped me.
    Last edited by MrsEnglish; February 27th, 2018 at 10:51 AM.
    born 2017 after girl sway: AI + Clomid
    born 2019 after girl sway. : AI + j&d (no Clomid)
    Due #3 Nov 2020: AI + breastfeeding

7. Thanks babylove24, atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi, I have thin PCOS too and just wondered if you managed to conceive pink without meds? You might have answered this before so apologies if you have.

Are you using any meds for this attempt? What worked for you last time?

Quote Originally Posted by MrsEnglish View Post

I have thin PCOS and since getting my period 13 years ago, I have never had a regular cycle for more than 9 months in a row. So I was in your position 2 years ago trying to get pregnant but not ovulating. When you have such a long cycle, one of two things can happen:
    1. You don't ovulate, but you eventually get your period anyway, which hopefully (but not definitely) resets things.

You MIGHT want to look into a medicine that induced ovulation like Clomid or Femara. A bonus is that they sway girl. BTW I recommend NOT trying herbs that are supposed to induce ovulation like Maca, Vitex, Soy isoflavones -- I tried them all and none helped me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by babylove24 View Post
    I am vegan, I am breastfeeding 2-5 times a day (son is 18 months), And I was exercising 6 days a week but brought that down to 3 times a week now (worried that may sway blue) maybe I should give up exercise all together?
    I increased my calories to 2000 on Atomic’s instruction, and fat to 50-60g. But having quite a few cheat days where calories are way over 2,500 which I know is really bad but I am just giving up hope!!

Sorry to hear you had a loss. Must be so awful. Big hugs.
    Did you do anything to resume ovulation? Were you breastfeeding? I don’t want to have to wean.
    I introduced one serving a day of full fat dairy (I'm convinced this is what helped), dropped exercise from 6-7 times a week to 4-5. I also increased calories a little (from like 1500 or so to around 1800). I was breastfeeding my 1.5 year old at the time but I managed to resume ovulation without weaning just by doing those things I stated above. Being vegan your diet may be too carb-y and some people don't respond well to that and stop ovulating. Were you vegan when you conceived your son?
    '12
    '14
    '15 '15 '16
    🌈 '17 (LE sway opposite)

Dreaming of pink through HT or adoption
    FET January 2021: 1 HBAA XX - BFN
    FET #2 August 2022: 1 HBAA XX - BFP!

10. Thanks babylove24, atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohdeer View Post
    Hi, I have thin PCOS too and just wondered if you managed to conceive pink without meds? You might have answered this before so apologies if you have.

Are you using any meds for this attempt? What worked for you last time?
    I conceived my daughter on my first ever round of Clomid. I was able to get Clomid from a doctor because I'd go months without ovulation. I got pregnant on my 12th month of trying, and of those I had only ovulated about 6 times.

I'm using Clomid again now. It's still from the prescription that I bought last year, doesn't expire until 2019.
    born 2017 after girl sway: AI + Clomid
    born 2019 after girl sway. : AI + j&d (no Clomid)
    Due #3 Nov 2020: AI + breastfeeding

12. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by ksmom View Post
    I introduced one serving a day of full fat dairy (I'm convinced this is what helped), dropped exercise from 6-7 times a week to 4-5. I also increased calories a little (from like 1500 or so to around 1800). I was breastfeeding my 1.5 year old at the time but I managed to resume ovulation without weaning just by doing those things I stated above. Being vegan your diet may be too carb-y and some people don't respond well to that and stop ovulating. Were you vegan when you conceived your son?
    No I wasn’t vegan when I conceived my son. I am only vegan now as he has allergies which mean because I am nursing I can’t have the dairy and eggs. And then I cut meat out 4 months ago for the sway. I do have a very high white carb diet and a lot of sugar. I can’t really afford to lose anymore weight so hard to know what to do.
    I do have a doctors appointment today though so hoping to have some bloods done.

14. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsEnglish View Post

Thank you. It’s hard to say as been on contraceptive pill for most of my time! But when not being on it they are 32-45 day cycles, obviously with this one being a lot longer. After my son they seemed more regular but now this. I am confused! Unless it’s my own fault for swaying too hard, although I didn’t think I was!

I have s doctors appointment today so I will see what they say.

16. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi babylove24!

I’m vegan too. The longer I was on the diet (PCOS version) the long it took for me to ovulate. I then took Clomid which brought my ovulation closer, but shortened my Luteal Phase. With hindsight (and advice from Atomic), I can see that I swayed too hard and lost too much weight. I’m taking a month off to gain a bit of weight back before trying again.

I’ve read about seed rotation to help balance hormones which I’m trying. You have 1T ground flaxseed and 1T pumpkin seeds a day to help with ovulation, then once you’ve ovulated you have 1T sesame seeds and 1T sunflower seeds a day to increase progesterone (which would help maintain a pregnancy). I’ve only just started so can’t yet comment on whether it’s successful, but I needed to increase my fat intake so this seemed like a good way to help with that too.

I saw my doctor about my low progesterone but she was useless. I asked if I could do anything to help increase my progesterone levels naturally and she just said ‘no’. I’m a firm believer in that your diet and lifestyle determines your health. Sometimes it’s just a matter of working out what exactly the issue is. For me I think it’s that my fat intake was a bit too low.

Let us know how you get on.

18. Thanks babylove24 thanked for this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast