Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Right kind of fiber? Cleanse?

I’ve read the fiber essay and am interested in adding that to my LE diet.
    Does it matter what kind of fiber we take? (Fat soluble? Made with psyllium husk? Dietary?). There are a lot of products out there, just want to make sure I’m looking at the right stuff.
    Also, what are your thoughts on doing a cleanse? In my fiber searching I came across these cleanse pills: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XJ62JT8..._U7FRAbQ9NGVVJ
    I feel like I could benefit from a weight loss jump start and also from the supposed energy increase. It doesn’t have to be these exact pills but I am intrigued by the idea of a cleanse in general unless it’s horrible for some reason...

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    it doesn't seem to matter what kind of fiber you take. Get something that you tolerate well and is easy to find in your area.

I do not recommend cleanses. They are a scam, to be quite honest. All they are is some herbal laxatives and fiber that basically make you poop a lot and the fiber makes you think you're cleaning something out but you're just going #2 and emitting the stuff that was in the pill. Nothing is happening, you aren't being "cleansed" of anything, you're just taking a lot of laxatives, which can be harmful when not needed. Plus, the one you posted has several ingredients that may sway blue (flaxseed, lactobacillus) and some that are not safe when TTC (flaxseed, licorice) and then the harsh herbal laxatives, we do not even know how they sway.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    it doesn't seem to matter what kind of fiber you take. Get something that you tolerate well and is easy to find in your area.

I do not recommend cleanses. They are a scam, to be quite honest. All they are is some herbal laxatives and fiber that basically make you poop a lot and the fiber makes you think you're cleaning something out but you're just going #2 and emitting the stuff that was in the pill. Nothing is happening, you aren't being "cleansed" of anything, you're just taking a lot of laxatives, which can be harmful when not needed. Plus, the one you posted has several ingredients that may sway blue (flaxseed, lactobacillus) and some that are not safe when TTC (flaxseed, licorice) and then the harsh herbal laxatives, we do not even know how they sway.
    Okay thanks. No cleanse. I’ve been doing LE diet since the 1st, eating an average of 1500 calories/day and have only lost 2 pounds. So I guess I’m just feeling a bit down on how it’s going

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That is a good rate of weight loss though. Losing tons of weight super fast has wreaked havoc with people's cycles and it leaves you with no wiggle room over the course of time.

The goal of the LE Diet is NOT weight loss. You can have success with LE Diet and not lose an ounce (and some people have even gained a lb or two, when they were underweight). So don't feel like it isn't working for you just because you haven't lost much weight so far.

Do you think you could be insulin resistant? We do have a variation of diet that may work better for you.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That is a good rate of weight loss though. Losing tons of weight super fast has wreaked havoc with people's cycles and it leaves you with no wiggle room over the course of time.

The goal of the LE Diet is NOT weight loss. You can have success with LE Diet and not lose an ounce (and some people have even gained a lb or two, when they were underweight). So don't feel like it isn't working for you just because you haven't lost much weight so far.

Do you think you could be insulin resistant? We do have a variation of diet that may work better for you.
    Hmmm how would I know if I was insulin resistant? Are there specific signs? Or would I only know if I had blood work done?

I see a lot of comments that the PCOS LE diet works well - is that the alternative diet you’re referring to? Would it be good to do an alternative diet even if I didn’t have PCOS or insulin resistance?

Sorry for the million questions! 🤣

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Do you have trouble losing weight or a history of gestational diabetes? Or even gaining weight on higher carb diets, even when you think you should be losing it?

Yes that's the alternate diet. You can have tendencies towards developing it and then your lifestyle just doesn't support developing it. But the LE Diet, being pretty carby, can aggravate those tendencies. It's gotten great results and I generally recommend switching even if you don't have PCOS - IF you can stick to it and IF it doesn't make weight fly off (I would actually suggest it for everyone except for those two things)

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Do you have trouble losing weight or a history of gestational diabetes? Or even gaining weight on higher carb diets, even when you think you should be losing it?

Yes that's the alternate diet. You can have tendencies towards developing it and then your lifestyle just doesn't support developing it. But the LE Diet, being pretty carby, can aggravate those tendencies. It's gotten great results and I generally recommend switching even if you don't have PCOS - IF you can stick to it and IF it doesn't make weight fly off (I would actually suggest it for everyone except for those two things)
    I haven’t had gestational diabetes although my numbers were higher and closer to the cut off point with my second than my first. I feel like losing weight can be difficult... although I’m sure everyone feels like that to a certain extent I’d think.
    I definitely have a lot easier time putting weight on than off. I had to work hard to lose my last 12 pregnancy pounds after DS2 (ate probably an average of <1700 calories/day while bf’ing and working out 5+ times a week for 3 months) and now (after not watching my weight nearly as carefully and stopping working out) I’ve put it back on just from my normal eating habits over the past 9 months.
    In the past I’ve only counted calories when dieting not fats/protein/carbs/etc. But we would eat meat everyday and I love pasta. So high protein and carbs.
    Based on this do you still feel alternative diet is best?
    Some days I’ve been having trouble staying in the protein and fat limits so this may be a less stressful diet for me too which would be good. I’ll review the alternative diet info.
    Thanks so much for your thoughts!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, it certainly doesn't hurt to be on the alternate diet, even if you can only do it 80% or whatever it may still help.

I have come to believe that the alt. diet is probably better for everyone, and I"d have everyone do it, but many people will lose tons of weight on it and many more can't stick to it.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, it certainly doesn't hurt to be on the alternate diet, even if you can only do it 80% or whatever it may still help.

I have come to believe that the alt. diet is probably better for everyone, and I"d have everyone do it, but many people will lose tons of weight on it and many more can't stick to it.
    Follow up - can you post a link for me of the best summary of the alternate diet? I keep seeing different info and then realizing some posts I’m reading are many years old. Suddenly feeling a bit lost.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    1500-1800 calories for most (some go up to 1800-2000, a FEW others drop to 1200-1500 but start off eating more than you think you'll need in the long term since weight can fly off on this diet)

50-60 g protein

50-60 g fat

Full fat dairy ONLY, no skim

Little to no sugar/refined white carbs (but many still can tolerate white rice and potatoes fine)

Whole grains if you tolerate them ok (some cannot tolerate whole wheat and have to use only rice/potatoes)

Focus mainly on grains, fruits, and vegetables for carbs.

Low carb veg are free and unlimited, higher carb veg (including potatoes) and fruits, count calories only, do not count protein or fat.

That's it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast