Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh thank you Atomic, I just feel I can’t control my sugar intake when I’m restricting the protein and fat...
    At the moment I’m really thin but I can still spare to lose 2 more kilos, that is how much I weighed when I swayed with DD2.

I could aim to have 1 mousse a day only initially and then cut it out altogether and replace with fruits to see how it goes. How about carbs? Can I have more of those instead maybe? I do love crumpets and have been having them for breakfast, are those better than this devil pleasure of choco mousse?

In general I’m very good at keeping up with diet plans and restricting specific foods but I find it hard with the fat and protein limit to come up with ideas of what to eat and feel content.

Thank you for any input ��

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Dreamsplanner, I bet the occasional mousse is not a big problem (I'm hooked on one too and have it once or twice a week as my "cheat"!). But having one or two or more a day could really add up. I wonder if it might be useful, when you do have the mousse, to make sure you are also eating other protein foods and fiber from veg/fruit before you eat the mousse- to help your blood sugar not spike as much? If I'm wrong here I hope someone will clarify? Limiting or eliminating refined sugar/flour is an important part of the diet, but there may be things you can do to soften the impact of sugar when you do consume it.

3. Thanks Dreamsplanner thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by gafan View Post
    Dreamsplanner, I bet the occasional mousse is not a big problem (I'm hooked on one too and have it once or twice a week as my "cheat"!). But having one or two or more a day could really add up. I wonder if it might be useful, when you do have the mousse, to make sure you are also eating other protein foods and fiber from veg/fruit before you eat the mousse- to help your blood sugar not spike as much? If I'm wrong here I hope someone will clarify? Limiting or eliminating refined sugar/flour is an important part of the diet, but there may be things you can do to soften the impact of sugar when you do consume it.
    Yes it wasn't so much that this was eaten on occasion but having 1-2 with every meal?? I can't sign off on that for PCOS Diet, that's all.

The deal with the PCOS LE Diet is that sugar and refined carbs raise your blood sugar and testosterone. That's the whole thing with PCOS, it's how it happens to people. Sugar is the thing to avoid with PCOS (I'd rather see you eat more protein and fat than simply replace them with sugar!! DO NOT EAT SUGAR WITH PCOS!) And even for those without full blown PCOS, if you're on it for egg qualtiy or because you have tendencies towards PCO-symptoms, eating 2 mousses a meal or even a day is not going to be ok. It's just not part of the PCOS LE Diet.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

5. Thanks gafan thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamsplanner View Post
    Oh thank you Atomic, I just feel I can’t control my sugar intake when I’m restricting the protein and fat...
    At the moment I’m really thin but I can still spare to lose 2 more kilos, that is how much I weighed when I swayed with DD2.

I could aim to have 1 mousse a day only initially and then cut it out altogether and replace with fruits to see how it goes. How about carbs? Can I have more of those instead maybe? I do love crumpets and have been having them for breakfast, are those better than this devil pleasure of choco mousse?

In general I’m very good at keeping up with diet plans and restricting specific foods but I find it hard with the fat and protein limit to come up with ideas of what to eat and feel content.

Thank you for any input ��
    1 mousse a day is a heck of a lot better than 2 with every meal!

NO, you can't just replace these with other white refined carbs. Sugar and carbs are not good for anyone with insulin resistance.

I would by far and away rather see you up fat and protein limits even up to 60-70 g than replace it with sugar. Sugar is THE WORST thing for PCOS tendencies and since we believe that the PCOS tendencies being aggravated may undermine your sway,you're shooting yourself in the foot if you think you're swaying by eating less fat and protein because you're eating more sugar!

Can you find artificially sweetened things that satisfy your craving without getting so much sugar?

7. Thanks Dreamsplanner thanked for this post
    Likes gafan liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you Gafan and Atomic!
    I don’t have diabetes or PCOS but I have IR tendencies, as I had gestational diabetes.

Will drop the mousse to once a day, I can definite do that!
    And try and eat more fruits. I’m only concerned as my weight flies off when I do that and I can only afford to lose 2-3 kilos but it may be OK until TTC.

Atomic, shall I postpone TTC to another month maybe so rather than TTC end of May, aim to do it towards end of June? I’m only thinking that as I have been doing the mousse thing for 3 weeks and I want to allow myself to sway properly

Praying for pink dust to come again my way ����
    Last edited by Dreamsplanner; April 26th, 2018 at 03:03 AM.

9. Likes gafan liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Eat more fruit, vegetables, whole grains, even fat and protein if need be to compensate and stop the weight loss.

No. Don't postpone if you are concerned about excess weight loss. For all we know you won't even get pregnant that first month out. I don't like to see people waiting and waiting to start TTC hoping to iron out every wrinkle in the diet (and this is especially true since you don't have full blown PCOS anyway) because they end up wasting away to nothing.

11. Thanks Dreamsplanner thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you Atomic! So today I had:
    -First meal: 2 Crumpets with butter & cheese, 3 plums and 16grams of Lindt hazelnut milk chocolate
    - Second meal: Lentil soup, 16gr of hazelnut Lindt milk chocolate, 1 apple and three plums
    - Third meal: 2 Crumpets with butter, 1 apple and 1 chocolate mousse

I know this is not the healthiest meals ever, but is this OK?
    Trying to eat and plan while sorting out my three bundles is not the easiest?

One other thing that makes me think also that maybe I should wait is my period which is now around new moon. With both DDs before I conceived around new moon and had period around full moon so I kind of feel I should try to align it or wait a little longer... DS was conceived close to full moon hence my concern on this...

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, I can't imagine it is 50-60 g of protein, and is likely too much sugar/refined carbs.

I can't really advise you any more than I have. Sugar is bad, carbs are bad, for some people even too much fruit can be bad, and thus a diet that consists largely of crumpets and chocolate is in no way at all what I envision for the PCOS Diet. But, it's your sway, your way, and it is certainly a restrictive diet, but I cannot say "oh yes that's fine for PCOS-type LE" because it's not at all what I'd have a PCOSer be eating.

14. Thanks Dreamsplanner thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Atomic, use fitness pal and it has 54 grams of protein and 55gr of fat. The lentil soup was made with chorizo though I avoided eating the chorizo but it is part of the broth...
    Think I’m so used to LE diet from before I’m trying to mix the two and it’s not working out �� Will revert to chicken salads for lunch and see what I can do by looking at other PCOS LE diet meals people posted here

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Atomic,

Sorry to even ask on this further, but I just wanted to check this is the right track for LE PCOS.

So today I had 69 grams Protein and 71 grams fat which freaked me out but I wanted to make sure I don’t lose too much weight and too quickly and I had the following:

First meal: an apple with a slice of cheese and full fat Greek yogurt with 20gr of walnuts

Second meal: salad with mayo dressing and 2 slices of cheese, an egg, 200gr of brown rice and 2 plums

Last meal: salad with 2 slices of cheese, 50gr fries, 1 crumple and 1 chocolate mousse

Is this OK? I lost half a kilo in the last two days by avoiding carbs so in the menu above I tried to include some carbs.

Thank you & sorry again for asking on this
    Just wanted to ensure meals like the above are OK despite the white carb and sugar in last meal and I feel by avoiding carbs altogether my weight drops rapidly
    Last edited by Dreamsplanner; April 28th, 2018 at 11:36 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast