Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Some queries on pink sway

Hi Atomic,

I have a few queries for my sway and listed them below.
    1. At the moment I aim to go for an hour walk a day but last week I managed 6 days a week and this week it will be 5 days a week, as I missed 2 days. I’m still more than 8 weeks until TTC and when I am 6 weeks away I want to go for a walk everyday and not miss a day. Is this OK? I thought since I have IR tendencies even 5 days a week helps at the moment though the more the better.

2. I am not loosing weight everyday, sometimes especially on a day I ate a few more calories, my weight increased a little. The overall picture though is that I am loosing weight slowly. Is that good for a sway or is it better to loose weight everyday?

3. The last two weeks I’m not having as many vegetables/salads, as I started work and find it hard to prepare everything and I end up eating more refined carbs, I.e. whole meal bread sandwiches for lunch/ dinner and things like crumpets with honey for breakfast. I do have a lot of fruits though and my protein/fat intake is always within PCOS diet limits. Is this good for swaying regardless or would you say vegetables are better? I do feel more bloated/ full you may say (funny enough) if I don’t have a salad and I was wondering if salads are actually better to have from a pink sway perspective considering my IR tendencies too.

4. What is the advise on sodium? Should we track it? What is the recommended limit for a pink sway?

5. Are soft cheeses like the laughing cow OK for pink or are soft cheeses not the best? Eating a lot of those at the moment as long as I’m still within the limits of the diet.

6. For people with IR tendencies and doing the PCOS style diet, is white wine OK to have? Like a glass a day. I’m not used to alcohol and thought even that may help in my case.

7. Noticed that I feel better if I eat gluten free bread, gluten free biscuits etc. They are expensive though. In general and in theory will my sway be better if I went gluten free even if the bread was a white one?

8. I’m not having any fiber supplements as my body fat bmi is not big either and I do take vitamin d twice a week due to my deficiency. Shall I aim to increase my fiber considering in the food I choose to have?

9. I have nickel allergy (sometimes with a more evident reaction than other times) and that never stopped me from wearing some nickel earrings I have. I noticed though after not wearing them for a year that I had a reaction to them when I started wearing them since last week. How does this affect a sway? Or do we not know? Shall I not wear them while swaying to be on the safe side?

Thank you for any advice you may have xx
    Last edited by Dreamsplanner; March 29th, 2018 at 01:49 AM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    1)we've had good results with 4 days or more a week. You don't need to walk every day, if you're putting that much pressure on yourself that you're worried about missing a day here or there, you need to stop because that's the kind of "control freakishness" that may sway blue anyway. You're doing great on exercise, keep doing what you're doing.

2)It is actually impossible to lose weight every day. Again, this is overly control freaky so please don't worry about small fluctuations in weight.

3)I think salads would be better provided that weight is not flying off. Any place you can cut some carbs out is good with IR tendencies as long as you are not losing tons of weight that way.

4)while I keep the sodium in the mix for those who want to do it, most of us have completely given up on it. The "science" that supposedly supports sodium swaying blue is utter nonsense and if anything science indicates high sodium may even sway pink, not blue. I got my daughter eating tons of sodium after getting my 4th boy limiting it. It also makes it much easier to stick to the diet if you give up on it.

Posting first half to save on scrolling
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

3. Thanks Dreamsplanner, gafan thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    5)Soft cheeses are fine

6)Yes, wine is fine to have as long as you're following the diet overall. While some sources tell PCOS/IR people to avoid wine, that is because most people never change their diets so are eating terribly all day long and then having wine TOO. Since you have changed your diet, you can have the wine and it may help your sway.

7)The issue with gluten free breads is that they are unbelievably carby. I think it's fine and possibly beneficial to go gluten free for pink, but for those with PCOS/insulin resistance, you have to go gluten free without doing gluten free breads and stuff because they are too carby. It's fine to have potatoes and white rice, for example, but I would probably shy away from the gluten free breads.

8)On the alternate diet you will very likely be getting plenty of fiber anyway and I'd not worry about trying to get more.

9)I have no idea if that would affect a sway, but I have noticed that those of us who have many boys often have allergies and other autoimmune disorders and so I would definitely avoid them just in case there is anything to the idea.

5. Thanks Dreamsplanner, gafan thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you so much Atomic, always very helpful ��
    I will stop wearing my earrings for now �� and I will add at least one salad a day and change my carbs to rice and a potato a day for now. That will decrease my bread intake and I will not buy glutten free bread from now on ��

In terms of the protein some days I eat an egg, others 40-60gr of salmon or chicken at one of my meals. I was wondering if this is definitely OK as I was following the LE diet before with protein at 40g and now I have protein at 50-60 gr with the PCOS diet and I was a bit apprehensive about it... I’m also using fitness pal as easiest for me to track it this way and I guess my concern is whether the fitness pal is not exact and I may be going over it without knowing it. I know I’m on the wrong side here and need to be carefree about it ;-) I think I may be best to aim at 50gr protein and fat maybe and not worry if I’m a little lower in them just in case the fitness pal calculations are a little off...

Good to know not to worry on the sodium ��
    Last edited by Dreamsplanner; March 30th, 2018 at 03:08 PM.

7. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    YES the amount of protein on the LE PCOS diet is meant to be 50-60 grams. That is what I want you to eat.

Please don't start worrying about tiny variations in protein on MFP. There is no magic to the numbers, it is perfectly fine if you're getting 63 g of protein or 57 g of protein. I had to make up numbers for you guys to aim at but the only thing that matters is that you're eating less than you were recently and less than when you got your boys.

DO NOT AIM AT 50 G PROTEIN. Please just lighten up on it and try for 50-60 g. That is fine, that is what I have everyone on that alternate diet do, and the results are actually better than the standard LE. You shouldn't worry about these little trivial details like the diff. between 50 and 60 g!

9. Thanks gafan thanked for this post
    Likes Dreamsplanner liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you Atomic, I will leave it as I am already doing for protein in that case and cross my fingers Pink dusk will come my way ����

11. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

13. Likes Dreamsplanner liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Atomic,

So I have not really added more salads in my sway, but I just went with the flow with what I wanted to eat still keeping within the protein and fat limits for PCOS. Is that OK? Weight has dropped despite that...
    At the moment I am hooked though on a chocolate mousse that supermarket sells here in the U.K. and I wanted to check if this is OK for PCOS style and a pink sway? Will aim to send photo of ingredients in next message
    Also in general I don’t really hold back on sweets, so I do eat with every meal one or two chocolate mousses, is that OK from a sway perspective as long as overall protein and fat intake is within the limits.

Thank you
    Last edited by Dreamsplanner; April 22nd, 2018 at 01:38 AM.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sugar is not meant to be eaten on the PCOS LE Diet for most people. Only people who have lost all the weight they can spare and still have weight flying off can add in small amounts of empty carbs. it's up to you, of course, especially if you're on the PCOS LE Diet for preventative reasons, but that is a LOT of sugar and I suspect you would be better off having fruit for some of that.

17. Thanks Dreamsplanner thanked for this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast