Thread: BMI range

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

BMI range

Hi Atomic, just saw this mentioned on another thread and wondered what ‘the pink range’ is BMI-wise? I see lots of successful sways where BMIs are 19-20. There’s no way I’ll be able to get that low! If I get to 23 I’ll be lucky! Tia

Ps sorry I posted this in add your sway originally by accident! Hope that can be deleted?

2. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That is fine. There is no set "pink range" per se. I use the expression "pink range" RARELY and mostly as a deterrent when someone who is very thin gets hung up on the concept that they need to lose MORE weight. Basically I am trying to reassure people who are already like BMI of 19 that they do not need to lose weight, and NOT trying to tell everyone "you must get to this range or else." Because anyone with BMI 21 or less, does not need to lose weight AT ALL (more about this below)

Lose what you can, when you can, IF you can, without wasting away to nothing or postponing a sway for ages trying to lose weight that ain't never gonna go noplace LOL. Even if you only lose a lb or two, it's all good. I only lost 3 lbs right before my successful sway, and with my boys I had either gained 3 lbs or held steady. With my 4th boy I had a BMI of 21.5, with my DD I had a BMI of 21.1 (basically, that is identical) It's just not a big deal and you can't tell what gender you will conceive based on that number.

Time after time we have seen that it is TIME ON DIET that matters and not a)weight itself or b) overall weight loss that matter.

That having been said I do have a couple numbers that are worthy of mention. One is the weight at which I want you to stop losing and hold steady where you are. This is BMI 21. At this BMI, stop losing weight and try to hold steady where you are at. This givs you a little cushion in case weight keeps coming off, which it can sometimes. Then, BMI 18.5 is the absolutely lowest weight. Do whatever it takes not to drop below this amount. Up calories as much as need be to stop weight loss before you drop below BMI 18.5.

And if you are already starting off below BMI 18.5 or BMI 21, DO NOT LOSE WEIGHT. Weight loss in and of itself has not been super predictive of whose sways work and whose don't. It is all about the time on diet and if you guys lose so much weight you can't conceive at the end of it, it's useless.

Those of us who have the weight to spare actually have a huge advantage for swaying because we have the luxury of being able to be on diet without wasting away to nothing. Starting off a sway with some extra weight is all good and you do not ever need to worry about not being able to get down to a certain weight. It doesn't matter.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Also, I have an essay on this subject here: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...tml#post960313

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Great, thank you. Am holding on to that “I just lost 3lb” - I can definitely aim for that! :-)

6. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I conceived my first DS with bmi 19 and DS2 at bmi 21.

DS1 2010
    DS2 2012
    DS3 January 2020 - endometriosis - DH low motility

Due Date 23.08.2021

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by onebigwish View Post
    I conceived my first DS with bmi 19 and DS2 at bmi 21.
    I'm not sure what you're asking me or if you're just sharing your experience, BUT I do want to point out that many people who have gotten boys at lower BMI then think "well, this must mean I must be even LOWER in BMI to get a girl". So then they end up starving themselves or dropping too low in BMI and stop ovulation. This creates all kinds of problems because once ovulation is stopped, you have to eat more to get your cycle going again. So please don't set your mind to being in an unhealthy BMI zone for your sway.

9. Thanks onebigwish thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    I'm not sure what you're asking me or if you're just sharing your experience, BUT I do want to point out that many people who have gotten boys at lower BMI then think "well, this must mean I must be even LOWER in BMI to get a girl". So then they end up starving themselves or dropping too low in BMI and stop ovulation. This creates all kinds of problems because once ovulation is stopped, you have to eat more to get your cycle going again. So please don't set your mind to being in an unhealthy BMI zone for your sway.
    I just wanted to share my experience...my bmi is now 22 but I’m really not worried about my bmi at all

DS1 2010
    DS2 2012
    DS3 January 2020 - endometriosis - DH low motility

Due Date 23.08.2021

11. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Last edited by SoFullofHope; April 25th, 2018 at 08:01 AM.

13. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by onebigwish View Post
    I just wanted to share my experience...my bmi is now 22 but I’m really not worried about my bmi at all
    Perfect! Thanks!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you. And that does make me feel better :-)

Quote Originally Posted by SoFullofHope View Post
    Ohdeer, for what it's worth, I successfully swayed with an embarrassing BMI of 26 and it looks like I got my girl anyway. From what I understand, it's not so much the BMI range but what you eat/don't eat and drink, and the exercising that matters. And if you used to have a BMI of 27 and end up with 26 when you're trying, you've still got a good chance because you've lost weight. At least it's most likely worked for me :-)

Good luck to you - and be proud of your BMI of 22! :-D

16. Likes SoFullofHope liked this post