Thread: Which Timing?

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Which Timing?

So for TTC girl is the best method to e4d from the time AF ends?

Or is it to not do anything except for the o+12?

Is the Shettles Method still a thing? 3-4 days befor Ov?

Do we needs frequent releases or holds?

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Timing doesn't sway - shettles does not work, there is an essay on here somewhere about it.

I believe most people either do every 4 days after AF ends or one attempt at first pos opk (this is what I did). Use whichever method is less stressful for you, or if opks don't work for you every 4 days would probably be best.
    2005 2008 2012 2014 2016 (sway opposite)
    Am currently with (sway opposites)

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I answered most of these in your other thread!

The one thing I did not answer in that other thread is whether it is better to do frequent release or to hold (abstain.) And the truth is that neither one has been very effective. Most people DO want to start off using them, and that is fine if you want to. But neither have gotten good results. Another option is to have your husband do regular release every 2-4 days but keep the one attempt.

Men over 35 should NOT do abstain and should only do either FR or regular release. Men younger than 35 can do any option - abstain, fr, regular release. Many men will not want to do abstain and will get annoyed about it, so take that into consideration as well!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mandyp85 View Post
    Timing doesn't sway - shettles does not work, there is an essay on here somewhere about it.

I believe most people either do every 4 days after AF ends or one attempt at first pos opk (this is what I did). Use whichever method is less stressful for you, or if opks don't work for you every 4 days would probably be best.
    case against Shettles is here: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...le-timing.html

case against O+12 is here http://genderdreaming.com/forum/tryi...9-no-12-a.html

I like people to start off trying with one attempt BEFORE going to e4d, unless your cycle is really irregular and/or OPK don't work for you. Then you may want to start with e4d but overall I prefer starting off with the one attempt first.

5. Likes mandyp85 liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you once again!
    I may be very confused or just scattered brained (I work 4 jobs &#128555
    I will be going with the one attempt, however the only thing I need clarity on (and you may have answered this and I’m just not understanding)
    At what point in my cycle do I do the one attemp and what does hubby do in the meantime 🤣🤣🤣
    Basically AF ended yesturday, spotting today, OV around cycle day 11. (I generally have a 25 day cycle)

I think I may just get a personalized plan. I do well with things like that.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Holmes0819 View Post
    Thank you once again!
    I may be very confused or just scattered brained (I work 4 jobs ��)
    I will be going with the one attempt, however the only thing I need clarity on (and you may have answered this and I’m just not understanding)
    At what point in my cycle do I do the one attemp and what does hubby do in the meantime ������
    Basically AF ended yesturday, spotting today, OV around cycle day 11. (I generally have a 25 day cycle)

I think I may just get a personalized plan. I do well with things like that.
    Me personally I just took a cheap opk every day after AF ended, only because when I was swaying my cycle began to change and I wasn't sure when I was ovulating so that was the best way for me, I just dtd when I got my first pos opk.

Hubby can release on his own or you can have protected bd :-)
    Last edited by mandyp85; April 13th, 2018 at 08:34 AM.
    2005 2008 2012 2014 2016 (sway opposite)
    Am currently with (sway opposites)

8. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you believe in timing (most of us don't, but it's fine to include it if you wish) then you want to aim your attempt 2-3 days before ovulation.

If you don't believe in timing, have the one attempt either 1 day before you expect to ovulate or at first positive OPK (peak on fertility monitor)

How sure are you about when you are ovulating?? It is possible to have a short cycle caused by a short LP and so you could be ovulating later than CD 11, and having a short LP of 10-12 days. If you want to try for timing, we'll need to be sure about when you typically ovulate.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Tracking my cycles consistently for the last 6 months. Tracking changes in CM and what numerous fertility apps say. I am also using OPKs daily now as well nto confirm my cycles before I try anything. As last month I had a wonky cycles and ended up being a week late. My cycles have always been short, and I flgeneraly can get pregnant within 3 months. I am not worried about timing at all. I will do the one attempt at a POS OPK next cycle or two, as I’m doing the LE diet and I want to confirm cycles that are regular.
    The only thing I was wondering about which may have been answer below is, does hubby need to release anything before hand. Or just “not touch” from AF to OV

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, that's always what happens - people track their cycles for months and then once they're ready to try, everything changes. Generally I don't recommend tracking in advance for that very reason! Just too unreliable.

having one attempt at pos OPK.

What to have hubby do is entirely up to you. If he's under 35 he can abstain for 7-10 days prior to one attempt. if over 35 he can do daily release 7-10 days prior to one attempt. Honestly though neither of those things has worked and both have really cut odds of conception, so a lot of people are having their husbands do regular release every 2-4 days but keeping the one attempt. The one attempt is really what has worked, the daily release and abstain have been much less effective, so it makes some sense to boost chances of conceiving with one attempt. It's totally up to you to decide - most couples do want to give it a month or two while doing either abstain or daily release + one attempt.