Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ttc soon - is there anything to be done anymore?

Hi, new here!

I'm so sad I found this forum so late! It's too late for me to start 12 week le diet or 6 week exersicing plan because we want to get pregnant as soon as possible. We are just starting our third month of trying. I think we missed my first ovulation (by starting too late). Second cycle I used opks but got BFN. Now I'm waiting for my next ovulation day. It should happen within next 2 weeks.

Is there anything I can do such a short time? I've been reading a lot of info here but I'm in a rush. I'm not active, more like a couchpotato without any muscles but I go for slow walks daily with my old dog. I'm vegetarian but I eat lots of protein and fats (cheeses). I can stop eating fruits and cut out protein but does that help at this point?
    Last time we bd twice +opk and I had a big O. I could live without it for a while but I read it could help conceiving. I've been eating folate 1200mmg for 5 months and my bmi is 20,5.

I'm 37 and my husband is 39. We're ttc our third. We have two boys (5 and 9) and would love to have a baby girl. But we don't want to wait so if two weeks is not enough time to sway than we forget the whole thing and just ttc.

If there's any tips for us I would like hear them!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think it’s to late for the diet. But you can at least try some other stuff like antihistamine,rephresh and one attempt to lower sperm count. Good luck!

DS1 2010
    DS2 2012
    DS3 January 2020 - endometriosis - DH low motility

Due Date 23.08.2021

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hiya as u say u only have two weeks id say cut out snacking etc and try to keep within LE limits
    Its worth a go even if its just very short time.
    I dont think 1 attempt at positive opk increases chances of conception so that may not be ideal for u.
    I know recommennded is 12+ weeks but anything different to your body j think is worth a go
    Oh and start drinkig coffee if you dont already.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    hi and welcome!

Being vegetarian even without any diet changes has been shown to sway pink, so that is great news! Your weight is also in what I consider "girl range".

The most important thing for you to do here and now is have one and only one attempt. For reasons we do not understand, one attempt has been very successful. So give one attempt at positive OPK or at a cutoff of 2-3 days if you prefer, at least 2-3 months before adding attempts.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh and since you are in a hurry to conceive, if you prefer rather than doing one attempt, you can try every 4 day method instead... just have sex unprotected every 4 days (in a Monday, Thursday pattern) starting after AF ends and continuing on until you are sure you have ovulated, even if it means going on until your next AF begins!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I can't believe this.. I wasn't supposed to ovulate until Sunday. I was running out opks - only two left. I wasn't rushing to buy more. I thought I could go and buy them tomorrow. Plenty of time.. I tested on Sunday and it was negative. I had one left which I used today (monday) and it was positive! Very clearly positive! And it's only cd9!

Well I was ready to dtd but my DH couldn't perform.. We had been bd three days in a row, planning to do the cut off end of this week. We used the pull out method every time..

I'm so disappointed. I hope that dtd tomorrow isn't too late..

Update: Sorry tmi. I was so upset I couldn't sleep. We tried again this morning but DH was struggling to finish (never happened before). He finally finished but said it wasn't a good one. When I went to j&d nothing came out. Absolutely nothing.
    I asked if he faked but he said he didn't.

Does this still count as attempt?
    Last edited by Timeforababygirl; May 1st, 2018 at 04:58 AM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Please do not BD to a cutoff. Not only does it often not work (as you yourself are experiencing here) but additionally it may sway blue if you ovulate early then you've had several attempts in the fertile window which sways strongly blue.

Do ONLY one attempt with a cutoff (if you must) or at positive OPK, or e4d which I have described for you above. I have a full explanation of why not to BD many days in a row in this thread. https://genderdreaming.com/forum/gen...nk-lately.html

All this having been said, I find it extremely unlikely you are ovulating on CD 10. So I think you should let your husband regroup and then have an attempt on CD 13 instead. But this will not be in line with Shettles timing (which does not even work anyway)

Yes, this still counts as an attempt though because even if nothing seemed to come out when you J and D there can still be something up inside.

8. Thanks Timeforababygirl thanked for this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We agreed on pulling out because DH doesn't want to do any frequency patterns. Just tried to keep my dh happy. But maybe I'm not feeling dtd until Friday.

Opks were run out at store so I'm not able to confirm + until tomorrow. I have quite short cycle only 21-23 days.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh I gotcha so it wasn't actual attempts? Whew that's a relief!

Since you do have the short cycles it is possible that this is the real deal! FX and good luck!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, sorry I wasn't being clear. We bd three days in a row (friday to sunday) but DH always pulled out before the big o. I thought it would be ok because I wasn't expecting +opk until Saturday. But I've been struggling with irregularities maybe caused by stress. Last month was my longest cycle ever 28 days. I already thought I was pregnant but got BFN.

I've been wanting a baby for 3 years. End of the last year dh finally agreed on having a third this year. I've been literally counting the days ever since. This is only our third month of trying but every single day feels like a year. Just waiting and longing.

The saddest part is that I really believe my DH is lying about having an o this morning. I really do believe he faked because there was zero leakage afterwards - That's never happened before. I know his been having a second thoughts and not being able to perform has never ever happened before either. He knew I was ovulating (or I think I was) but didn't want to try again this evening.

I think I missed again my o this month. Lucky me my cycles are short. Tomorrow I'll have my opks so I can really start testing regularly. I'm not going to say a word to my DH - just dtd e4d.
    Last edited by Timeforababygirl; May 1st, 2018 at 04:37 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast