Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Do I suck at LE Dieting?

Hi there!

Somehow I don’t seem to manage to eat only 3 meals anymore... I have been on the diet for 5 weeks now and it’s getting harder for me

In the morning I have coffee with approx. 1/4 cup milk. But right afterwards I often am sooo hungry that I have to eat something. Mostly small meals. And two hours later I often am hungry again, so dizzy and hungry I‘m afraid that I would faint..but it‘s only noon!
    So I‘m often at eating 4 times a day, the first three melas always not very large amounts.
    Is that as good as eating 3 (bigger) meals?

FYI I‘m still BF 3-4 times a day my 16m old and I‘ve lost 5.5lbs now. BMI went from 21.5 to 20.7.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
    ttc in June

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ahh no, you don't suck at it! I think you're just undereating too much because of the breastfeeding! Have you been tracking your calories at all? I'm worried you're just not getting enough!

3. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Throwaway_panther View Post
    Ahh no, you don't suck at it! I think you're just undereating too much because of the breastfeeding! Have you been tracking your calories at all? I'm worried you're just not getting enough!
    Yes, I track them and always aim to get 2.200 cals and 50-60 (rather 60)g of fat and protein!
    Since I‘m still losing weight I think that’s not too much.
    I don’t exercise in the common sense but try to do long stroller walks a few days a week.

ttc in June

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Atomic, what do u think?

ttc in June

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You need to do whatever it takes NOW to stop the weight loss. you cannot spare any more weight. Increase calories to stop the weight loss.

I often have people go to 4 meals if they can't stick with 3. That's fine.

I need to know more about what you are eating and how much fat, protein, and calories overall.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Linni View Post
    Yes, I track them and always aim to get 2.200 cals and 50-60 (rather 60)g of fat and protein!
    Since I‘m still losing weight I think that’s not too much.
    I don’t exercise in the common sense but try to do long stroller walks a few days a week.

Increase cals even more till the weight stops coming off!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Increase cals even more till the weight stops coming off!
    The question is if I should increase cals by adding more carbs into every one of the 3 meals or if I should add in another (4th) meal ?

My blood sugar is naturally on the lower side (my mother has diabtes and I once tested it, and also the diabetes test in my 2 pregnancies showed this).

I always thought it would be part of the diet’s principles to constantly lose weight until the BFP It seems like that when I read through the different (success) sways

ttc in June

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have no way to compare what is best, eating 3 meals with more carbs or adding in a 4th meal. Do whichever works better for you.

If you lose too much weight you stop ovulating, and then will have to pretty much sway blue (eating more food) in order to restart your ovulation. It is VERY IMPORTANT to stop losing weight before ovulation stops, and we have found that by stopping weight loss at BMI 21, it gives you a small cushion in case another few pounds comes off before you can get things normalized again. 18.5 is the absolute cutoff, do not fall below that for any reason because the vast majority of people will lose ovulation at that point. And any time you fall below BMI 21 it's time to stop losing and hold steady where you're at. This is the system that has worked for people on this site regardless of what you think you see in successful sways. Weight loss just prior to conception has not been predictive of whose sways work and whose don't.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    I have no way to compare what is best, eating 3 meals with more carbs or adding in a 4th meal. Do whichever works better for you.

If you lose too much weight you stop ovulating, and then will have to pretty much sway blue (eating more food) in order to restart your ovulation. It is VERY IMPORTANT to stop losing weight before ovulation stops, and we have found that by stopping weight loss at BMI 21, it gives you a small cushion in case another few pounds comes off before you can get things normalized again. 18.5 is the absolute cutoff, do not fall below that for any reason because the vast majority of people will lose ovulation at that point. And any time you fall below BMI 21 it's time to stop losing and hold steady where you're at. This is the system that has worked for people on this site regardless of what you think you see in successful sways. Weight loss just prior to conception has not been predictive of whose sways work and whose don't.
    Ok, I will remember that. Thanks!
    The last two days I tried to eat already some protein and fat for breakfast (pushed back to 10am) so I won‘t get hungry again too soon and it worked!
    Before that I always tried to eat very carby food at the first meal but experienced this burns off very fast and leaves me just very hungry. So no need to spare the 50-60g fat and protein for lunch and dinner.

ttc in June

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That sounds like a plan then!