Thread: 1

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Last edited by Juniebjones; December 13th, 2016 at 11:49 AM.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    2 servings of chips is a lot. I dont care much for potatoe chips but I love corn chips. I would eat 1-2 servings a day when my boys were conceived.

I did eat 4-6 salt free corn chips a few days a week when I conceived #3. Just to ward off the craving for eating bad stuff.
    2007 2008 2009 2010
    2012 twin

DADDY wants

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by jjc3434 View Post
    I have gotten down to two meals a day and maybe every 2 to 3 days I have 2 serving of salt free corn chips with a cup of tomatoes, a little cilantro, and a little lemon with a serving of lowfat cheese on them. (With my two meals I am probably getting between 30-40 grams of fat, so I am not going over my fat limit with the chips.) I was just wondering if corn chips make you more acidic.
    No, if anything they are alkalinizing because there is lye used in the process of turning corn into the kind of corn they use to make tortillas with.

Please do not put much if any thought into the whole acidifying vs. alkalinzing thing because it really doesn't matter.

I actually think that corn tortillas/chips are a great option for swaying because they are not terribly nutritious but are still satisfying and a good way to get some easy cals.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I prefer that people don't test for that very reason.

I'm not saying that I don't think pH can't help (undecided), but I AM saying that i don't think the absence or presence of corn chips in your diet is altering the pH of your CM and it for sure isn't changing the pH of your blood - cos you'd be DEAD if it was! I also don't think that if it does help in some way, it's because X sperm "love" low pH - I think it's because low pH = dead sperm and lower sperm numbers = more girls conceived.

My last boy was conceived with pH of 4.5 and it never went up one bit until after I was already pg.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    jjc - I used both Rephresh and Aci-jel for my attempt and they worked fine together. I know some have reported a rise in pH when using Aci-jel - probably because the body has produced a load of its own 'stuff' to try and wash away the foreign substance but if you're using it with Rephresh that shouldn't be a problem because it will react with everything to 'balance' the pH back to 4.5/5. I did, however, use Rephresh every 3 days after AF and a little Aci-jel every few days earlier in my cycle so they weren't brand new to my body when we made our attempt.
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Corn chips are also very high on the glycemic index, so if keeping blood sugar low for a sway is important, I might consider avoiding them.

I think I already commented about the Sylk in your swaying plan thread, but the Sylk (probably) raised my pH despite using an entire repHresh about 12 hours earlier.
    03 08

03-06-12

Diagnosed with PCOS in 2009

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I personally don't think it's necesasry to use the jellies the month before your attempt, it should be enough to just start them at AF. If it makes you feel better, then go ahead...I just don't want people to waste money because some of the jellies are quite expensive.

Re corn chips - my research for the PCOS Diet thread (will be posted at the end of PCOS essay when complete) is indicating that for many people, insulin response is SO much improved just by cutting cals and losing some weight that people who were not able to tolerate carbs can handle them again. Obviously that will not be true for every person and so everyone needs to proceed with caution if they are at all insulin resistant and esp. with full-blown PCOS.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There is a brand called "guiltless gourmet" that has no salt and way less fat as they are baked. I put them in the oven for a few minutes to crisp them up.
    Swayed ! Blessed with a !!
    On the LE diet from October 26, 2011 until BFP 3/21/12. Born November 29, 2012

"Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life" Proverbs 13:12. Thank you Lord for answering my prayers!!

2004 2007 : expecting

Check out these gorgeous girly nubs!! http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ultr...ss-please.html

My sway.. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...tml#post209481