Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Sad Face Ectopic pregnancy- any advice would be great

Hi,
    I have had a confirmed ectopic pregnancy diagnosed yesterday and I am booked in for surgery tomorrow.

Yesterday was just awful- I felt really hopeless and sad and devastated with the loss. Making the decision to have surgery rather than the injection wasn't easy but I feel it is the right one to make for me. I read so much about the methotraxate injection and the side effects and how long it stays in your system didn't seem right for me. Plus still not guarantee it would finish everything for sure...

I do feel sad to be loosing a tube and really hope it won't affect my fertility. My DH said not too worry as they are only taking the 'boys making' tube and the remaining one will 'make' our girl - it did make me smile, but still I find it hard to accept the situation.

It was our first month TTC pink and now I have to put everything on hold for a while and I feel that all my Swaying pink efforts and hard work were all for nothing...I don't even know if I will be able todo it again as I feel guilty that I might have caused this...

It would be good to hear if anyone has experienced something similar and how you coped, how long you waited before TTC etc....
    Thank you
    2003 - 2005 - 2013
    march 2012 m/c
    April 2014 ectopic pg

Faith makes things happens

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No advice am afraid but gentle hugs. Hope you're ok hun I can't imagine how hard it must be. Hope you get your girl one day xxx
    [2012] [2013] TTC [2016/7]

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    BIG HUGS!!! While I've never had an EP I have had 4 losses and I know how much it sucks...I know losing your tube adds more stress and grief!

Some hope: A good friend of mine has 6 girls. A couple years ago she went through a couple m/c's and then an EP where she lost one of her tubes. She was devastated and worried, just like you. At the time she had the 5 girls. Literally within a few months she was PG with her 6th girl, and that little girl just turned 1!

You will be higher risk for another EP so your doc will probably keep close tabs on you from early on, but you can absolutely get PG again!
    Mommy to

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have had two friends with EP. One took the shot and saved her tube and one had her tube removed. The one that had her tube removed went on to have another child. The one who decided on the injection wasn't trying to have more children so it isn't surprising she didn't have anymore.

I am sorry. You are in a difficult situation and I couldn't even imagine. So sorry for you loss!!
    Love my (2006) (2009) (2013) (2014)

THANK YOU GENDER DREAMING!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm so sorry for your loss . I hope you are able to find peace somehow.

I cycled with a woman who had lost her right tube to EP...she ended up with 7 XX embies and only one XY. Weird right?
    Sept 2008 & successful boy sway June 2010.
    M/C Oct 2012

Is DE in my future?

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    La vie I'm so sorry ! I have no advice to give except my mum conceived me at 36 with only one tube after a ton of miscarriages and losing a tube to an ectopic pregnancy.
    Your DH is so lovely I'm glad you have good support.
    Please don't beat yourself up this could have happened to any of us , thinking of you xxxxx

Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Tapatalk

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you so much everyone for your kind words of support and hope.
    I'm in big denial right now because the funny thing is I feel fine. I don't feel ill.
    I know it has to be done as it isn't resolving by itself and could be fatal but I'm suddenly feeling very attached to that tube (never given it any thoughts before Lol). Funny how we take things for granted.
    I am thankful for my healthy boys and my supportive husband and family and for you guys.
    I hope to be back in a few months and may still 'see' some of you on here (although of course I wish you all BFP soon! )
    Love and light xx
    2003 - 2005 - 2013
    march 2012 m/c
    April 2014 ectopic pg

Faith makes things happens

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    laVieEnRose I hope everything goes well with your surgery, and remember to take the time to rest and recover. It's nice your DH is so supportive. Know that you didn't cause this at all, it's just one of those things that happen and it sux but it's not at all through any fault of yours.

You're in my thoughts and prayers, don't be a stranger and let us know how it all goes. You have lots of support here too. ❤️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mum of 9 boys & my stillborn angel daughter, Shaylah Anne 20/02/2015

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I posted in the April thread but I'll post more here.

HUGS, first of all.

I have had the methotrexate shot 3 times (technically 4) at double the normal dose, and I have never had any side effects from it. None. I haven't TTC soon after, however...though I conceived a year after each dose with no problems. These were abortions when I was in college.

My latest (planned) pregnancy in 2012 was heterotropic twins, one of which was ectopic, on my ovary. I miscarried naturally and according to drs, there was no damage, but now for the first time, I don't seem to be getting pregnant easily. I have known several other women who didn't have surgery for their EPs, and retained their ovaries/tubes, only later to discover they had damage that inhibited further TTC. Whereas the women I know who lost a tube/ovary, almost all of them went on to conceive normal pregnancies. In my case, bc I miscarried early enough, I didn't have to make your choice but I wonder if that ovary is stil causing me problems. So surgery may very well be the best option, and I hope you recover swiftly.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after removìng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm so sorry and hope that you are feeling better soon!!!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast