Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

What gender was your rainbow baby?

I know the pros and cons of conceiving right away after a m/c vs waiting. Emotionally I feel very ready to TTC again and because it was an early natural m/c, I feel like it's relatively safe to try again ASAP. That being said, I do worry about my sway being weak. I've seen the stats on the spreadsheet for cycle 1 after m/c, but I know those stats can be misleading and don't always tell the real story. I also know right after a m/c you would be more fertile so hypothetically I worry about that swaying blue.

In my personal case, my concerns are that I've been off the diet for 3 weeks! The last 10 days I was in Italy and eating very little meat, but still eating things like gelato and pasta eek! I gained 5 lbs in 3 weeks eating "normally". I stayed with the cardio while pregnant with the exception of the last 10 days while in Italy. I did walk miles and miles everyday, but I realize that's not the same as an hour of hardcore cardio like I've been doing. I have started the cardio again 2 days after the m/c, but those 10 days off scare me. *Luckily* I was horrible about taking my prenatals while abroad, so I think I only took them 3x in the last 10 days. I wonder if waiting a cycle and having 6 weeks (or more) of solid of LE and exercise would be a better sway than trying to catch the first egg or if the m/c is a good sway tactic and if I feel ready to TTC, I should go with it?

So this leads me to my main question - If you had a rainbow baby, what cycle did you conceive? What gender was it? Were there any additional circumstances that you believe influenced the gender of the baby (not going back on the diet, clomid, etc, etc)? WWYD in my shoes?
    DS1 (2012)
    Due 7/13/2015 ! Swayed pink and I am blessed to be with and (TWINS!)!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I believe miscarriage sways pink. What you have to understand is that there are different ways to think of fertility. I believe overall you're actually LESS fertile after a miscarriage, not more. But you may make a better egg than before (due to pregnancy hormones). So while it may be harder for sperm to meet egg (less fertile in a way that sways pink) you may make a better, healthier egg (more likely to achieve a healthy pregnancy if sperm does meet egg, and this appears to be neutral.)

I would have you TTC this month. It may be that you don't fall pg and then you haven't lost anything. I suspect miscarriage is one of nature's ways to sway pink and I hate to see you wait it out for no reason.

I had a chemical in June of 2012 and then got my daughter in NOv. of that year, so while it was a pinkie I think it was too far out to really have helped me much. But, you never know. Good luck and again I'm sorry for your loss.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks as always atomic for the great advice and reassurance! I'm going to the doctor later this week for an u/s to make sure I'm good to go and hoping for a clear scan so I can attempt again soon! Probably going to try the every 4 days thing again because it helped me reduce stress last time and I'm guessing this cycle will be crazy irregular after having a m/c and don't want to go through 50 OPKs trying to figure out when I'm ovulating.
    DS1 (2012)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I conceived ds 3 months after my second m/c, 6 months after my first m/c. I had never heard of swaying then and I had gained at least 30 pounds since my first m/c (eating crap, I'm sure).

Ds2 was cocieved almost a year after my 3rd m/c. He was an oops.

So, neither situation is similar to yours, but that's my reply to your question.

Again, I'm so sorry for your loss. I say if you feel ready emotionally, go for it.

Angie
    (Dec 2006) (May 2007) (April 2008) (June 2009) (Oct 2010)
    Praying for a little to complete our family.
    Utrasound at 18w5d says we are expecting our first daughter!!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I concieved 2 of my girls the first cycle after a miscarriage.
    Our 6-pack of girlies

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I conceived my 1st DD the 2nd cycle after a m/c.
    (2005) (2008) TTCBLUE 2015

It's a girl!!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I conceived DS2 two cycles after a row of miscarriages (miscarriage at 10 weeks in July, miscarriage at 4 weeks in Sept, miscarriage at 4.5 weeks in Nov, skipped December, conceived him in Jan). BUT, I had other factors going on and was trying to be healthy to conceive (I was also living a very blue lifestyle...VERY).

This pregnancy was conceived the cycle right after a chemical pregnancy. I'm not sure if that counts (I was 4+4), but I do know my HCG rose and then fell. But we won't know gender until probably March. I was leading a pretty pink lifestyle, but we shall see.

I think, overall, miscarriage sways pink. My doctor said it was actually a myth that you are more fertile after a miscarriage. He said, similarly to atomic, that often the better egg quality after a miscarriage leads to healthy pregnancies, not because its a magic sperm-meets-egg thing (he said that because he was warning us that if the problem was sperm or implantation, trying after miscarriage could just prolong the process of finding out the issue...which was true, we had implantation problems).
    A: "Owner" of the following brood:
    -Our biggest surprise dude (L: 2009)
    -Our rainbow little man (K: 2011)
    -Our sway and pray little diva (J: 2013)
    -Our lucky charm guy (S: 2015)
    We may be done, we may come back for one more sway. Time will tell. At the moment, we are very content with our family!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I conceived DD2 just 2 weeks after a mc
    Proud mom of 3 lovely young ladies praying and swaying for a

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I can't thank you guys enough for all the helpful responses! I had my ultrasound today and I'm all clear to try so hoping I get pg again straight away, but if not I guess it will give me more time on the diet and exercise! I'll keep checking in so if anyone else has stuff to add please do. I've learned so much from you ladies, thank you for taking the time to respond! It's helped me so much to heal mentally from my loss knowing I'm not alone!
    DS1 (2012)

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good luck bluebonnet hope you get your rainbow pinkie XX
    Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast