Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why!!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks a lot ladies! I am doing femera and ovidrel this cycle and really praying that it works. If not then I am not sure I will continue to sway. I will probably stop temping and opk as well and just hopefully wait for a blessing!!

2. Thanks kitkat18 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    hiya djmommy, I just wanted to comment on your thread here. Thank you SO MUCH for all your support in mine!

I know exactly how you feel. Every damned month it's like your heart whispers 'maybe this is it, this is THE ONE' and then I have to force myself to slap down that annoyingly optimistic voice of hope and protect my poor heart. But still, every month I'll start spotting and that stupid stupid voice is still going 'maybe it's implantation spotting!' or 'people still bleed while preggo!'. It's horrible, I know.

Fx that Femara will work for both of us. I know you said you weren't a good candidate for ivf, but have you thought about ovarian drilling? I was just reading about it on my fert centre's blog. If Femara/Clomid doesn't work out then ovarian drilling is another thing you could try that's not expensive. And I don't remember but did you say why you couldn't do IUI? IUI is at least much cheaper than IVF, plus you only need one good egg which with injectibles that would boost the follies too.

I've pretty much dumped the sway in terms of supps and timing, but I'm still skipping breakfast and doing LE diet for the most part. Mostly because I'm vain and don't want to gain weight, LOL!! Right now my plan is to continue with stuff that can't hurt my fertility (like skipping breakfast) but not doing the stuff that could be hurting my fertility (like not taking the vits my RE recommends). I'm also not doing strict LE, just mostly low carb limited meat and no brekky. Since I'm being taken off the Metformin too the LAST thing I want to do is put on any weight!

*hugs*
    Last edited by LacePrincess; May 21st, 2015 at 09:45 AM.
    Me (38) and DH (38)

SAHM military momma to DS1 (2004), DS2 (who's all boy but loves to dance, though not in a tutu!) (2006), DS3 (2009), and our rainbow baby girl DD1 (2017)

early m/c Jan 2013

Cycle #1 @ HRC (Oct 2014) - 6 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized and biopsied. 1XX and 1XY abnormal. 1XX no DNA found, rebiopsied and found normal, frozen.
    FET attempt #1 (Nov 2014) - cancelled due to functional cyst. FET attempt #2 (Jan 30, 2015) - NT. Remaining embie failed to thaw.

May 2015 - started infertility treatments at OFC. Femara 2.5mg
    July 2015 - BFP after second round of Femara. Aug 4 2015 - 6w4d
    Dec 21 2015 - mmc 7w1d

Apr 2016 - IVF Cycle #2. Converted to IUI because of uneven response and leading follicles.
    Apr 19, 2016 - IUI with 3 mature follicles (2 right, 1 left), post wash: 17mil, 94% motility and 89% rapid motility. BFN.

June 3, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 5w.
    Sep 1, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 8w.

Our rainbow baby girl arrived on Mon Aug 28, 2017 - "After every storm comes a rainbow". We are so thankful and grateful for every moment.

4. Thanks djmommy thanked for this post
    Likes Junie, XXforhubby liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you Lace so very much for your support because it really does mean a lot and it helps to know someone really understands. I do the same thing with the spotting, hoping against hope. I never have spotted during pregnancy so I know when I do I am definitely not but still have a glimmer!!
    I am not sure I will continue to work with the RE after this cycle. We just don't really have the money to do tons of stuff, we'll see what happens though. I am open to IUI but I don't seem to have many follicles. I had a dominant one today but I am cd 13 and it was only 15 mm. No positive opk yet. I need a break after this. I will try but not try........KWIM. I feel emotionally spent. I have pretty much been very laid back on my sway. I may start to add back in my prenatal a few times a week. I am eating semi LE friendly as well but not strict!
    Oh and I totally hear ya on the weight gain thing.....whenever I have gluten it seems the weight wants to creep in and I am amazed how much I used to eat!! LOL Especially protein and fat!!
    Thanks again for your support!

6. Likes LacePrincess liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    ((((djmommy))))

Definitely do what you need to do - change RE's, take a break, throw away the thermometer! . You have to take care of yourself first!

This month I'm just not even bothering to think I have any chance at all. But because we have our 'new' plan with Femara and monitoring next cycle, it at least gives me something to look forward to on CD1. Well that, and sushi, LOL.
    Me (38) and DH (38)

SAHM military momma to DS1 (2004), DS2 (who's all boy but loves to dance, though not in a tutu!) (2006), DS3 (2009), and our rainbow baby girl DD1 (2017)

early m/c Jan 2013

Cycle #1 @ HRC (Oct 2014) - 6 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized and biopsied. 1XX and 1XY abnormal. 1XX no DNA found, rebiopsied and found normal, frozen.
    FET attempt #1 (Nov 2014) - cancelled due to functional cyst. FET attempt #2 (Jan 30, 2015) - NT. Remaining embie failed to thaw.

Dec 21 2015 - mmc 7w1d

Apr 2016 - IVF Cycle #2. Converted to IUI because of uneven response and leading follicles.
    Apr 19, 2016 - IUI with 3 mature follicles (2 right, 1 left), post wash: 17mil, 94% motility and 89% rapid motility. BFN.

Our rainbow baby girl arrived on Mon Aug 28, 2017 - "After every storm comes a rainbow". We are so thankful and grateful for every moment.

8. Likes djmommy liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I LOOOOVVVEEEE SUSHI!!!!

Hugs to you Lace!!! XXOO

10. Likes LacePrincess liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    *hugs* right back Djmommy!

I need it today. Starting AF with another fracking 5 day LP - just what the ever loving HELL is this crap. Very bad day today. There will be sushi and wine tonight.

I have the nasty feeling too that we'll be confronting having to decide on IVF options too, and I have no idea how we're going to afford it either. IF sucks so hard.
    Me (38) and DH (38)

early m/c Jan 2013

Dec 21 2015 - mmc 7w1d

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    HUGS!!!
    I am sorry the witch came so early! Are you having bloods done? Your hormones may be off since everything your body went through.
    Please enjoy your wine, and sushi. You must add chocolate too. (Although I have chocolate daily....I just eat more when AF arrives ...LOL! And I actually enjoyed a few cocktails last time too!!

13. Thanks LacePrincess thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by djmommy View Post
    HUGS!!!
    I am sorry the witch came so early! Are you having bloods done? Your hormones may be off since everything your body went through.
    Please enjoy your wine, and sushi. You must add chocolate too. (Although I have chocolate daily....I just eat more when AF arrives ...LOL! And I actually enjoyed a few cocktails last time too!!
    Oh I have a whole HEAP of all the baseline testing to do alllll over again, LOL. Everything from all the hormones to all the infectious diseases to AMH to AFC. I figured I might as well just get poked once and let them take their gallon all on CD3, LMAO.

But geez of course my stupid period has to show up on a frakking weekend, and I'm not even sure the clinic will return my call before Monday which will be CD3. So annoying having to babysit the phone all weekend now. I'm just gonna show up on Monday if they don't return my call, I swear!

So waiting on sushi now, and beer/wine/champagne/cocktail (whatever is lowest calories, LOL). Also got the Star Wars Origami book to mess around with, and a brand new Lego movie set just for me. Yes I am building LEGO and it's MINE and none of the boys are allowed to help!! So there!
    Me (38) and DH (38)

early m/c Jan 2013

Dec 21 2015 - mmc 7w1d

15. Likes XXforhubby liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think if you can't get a hold of anyone I would definitely show up on Monday. My RE office is open on the weekend for a few hours. It is definitely good that you will be getting everything done again, it will give you a good idea of what to do! I really hope they call you!

I hope you enjoy everything you want to this weekend!!

17. Thanks LacePrincess thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Had my sushi, had my boozy spritzer, had my chocolate and had my cake. I'm a happy gal.

Me and hubby also talked over our options a LOT, and we're pretty happy now. We've made some decisions even for the worst case scenarios so the future doesn't seem so scary anymore. Maybe it's the alcohol talking but I think we're feeling really good about things atm.
    Me (38) and DH (38)

early m/c Jan 2013

Dec 21 2015 - mmc 7w1d

19. Likes XXforhubby, djmommy, Junie liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast