Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Every other day?

Hi! I was just wondering about every other day is a good method when TTC. Not swaying anymore, just want to get pregnant and don't want to deal with the dress of opks as I definitely think they are driving me too crazy. So, was thinking of trying every 3-4 days until I expect my fertile window to start and then every other day? So for example...cd 5, 9, 13, 15, 17, 19, and then every 3-4 after that. Does that seem like good chances of conception. I know smep is best odds of conception but husband has a different schedule all the time and often works 24 hours straight and I hate staring at the opks to see what's positive or not. I hope it's ok to ask a non sway question, I just know some of you, especially atomic really know your stuff, so I figure you would definitely know what you're talking about

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes of course you can always ask a non sway question.

Have you tried every 3 days and every 2 days before this???

It's totally fine if it's time to pull the trigger. Like you say SMEP is better odds of conception and I always like you guys to be in with the best chance of conception when it's time to just get pregnant, but if you can't stand another go round with the OPK that is fine.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I got pregnant with my recent mc pregnancy doing every 3 days the first try. I tend to be an overthinker and I just don't think the opks are helping me as I over analyze it (also think I may have had a batch or fake wondfos which I'm now reading are super sensitive), and then making sure dh is home and not working 24s so we can have all those attempts also gets stressful. We did try smep and it didn't happen, but now since I had the fake wondfos I wonder if I started the attempts too early and by the time we got closer to O date maybe dh got depleted from the first couple of attempts?

So you would suggest smep as best odds of conception if doing opks right? Or the boy frequency that you suggest here?

And what would you suggest as best odds of conception when not doing opks?

Thanks for answering my question!
    Last edited by Ellajames; May 30th, 2015 at 08:59 AM.

4. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    SMEP is best odds of conception bar none. The reason I don't have blue swayers do SMEP is because a lot of the blue swayers' husbands have a lower sex drive and kind of run out of steam when they try to do SMEP (plus a lot of them want to continue with timing methods which don't work with SMEP). SMEP is better odds of conception than blue sway pattern.

Every other day or every 2 days would get you in with good attempts. Whichever works for you.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you! How do you feel about the clearblue digital opks (If I decided to try te opk route one more time)?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't like them. I think they confuse people to no end (and cost too much). Wondfo or Babi brand OPK have gotten good results.

8. Likes Butterfly Spirit liked this post
    Dislikes True Blue disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellajames View Post
    Thank you! How do you feel about the clearblue digital opks (If I decided to try te opk route one more time)?
    No no and no. LOL I buy Babi pregnancy tests and One step Ovulation tests from this seller! eBay In the beginning, I purchased the kit that comes with 80 One Step Tests and 20 One Step Pregnancy Tests.. found out I was pregnant and the dollar store test told me faster than the One Step Test did! For my next pregnancy for my DD I bought only the Babi ones and have been VERY pleased!! You will know DAYS before the clear blue digital will tell you or any of the other store brands. Too much money!
    So to make this clear Either One Step or Babi tests are Great for ovulation tests.. ONLY do Babi for pregnancy tests! Good luck!
    Age 7 5 MC May 2012 BFP June 2012 My ~*Princess*~ is now 3 yrs old! MC May 2015 Chemical June 2015
    DS#3 Arrived in April
    I love my Rainbow Baby with all my , She took a year to conceive! Thank you GD!

10. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you! Also, my midwife suggested vitex when I asked her about any herbs that could help with conception. She told me that if I do take it to take it the whole cycle and continue taking through the first trimester. I read here that people say it can mess up cycles and not to take it while pregnant. So, Would taking vitex cd 1-14 help with conception? She said it helps with the hormones related to ovulation and helps to lower prolactin. What do you think, I'm not sure how I feel about it.
    Last edited by Ellajames; May 30th, 2015 at 09:35 PM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I see SO many natural type experts telling people to do that and I. don't. get. it. I have seen nothing but trouble with people taking it that way, not just on this site but other people I know of from other fertility sites who were told to take it for months on end and never got pregnant. I think it's never a good idea to take an herb during pregnancy without any quality of info about if it's even safe (JMO) It used to be used as a birth control method. I use it because it lowers hormone levels and if a person was having fertility issues due to PCO (which is basically an excess of hormones) it could work for them, but I don't think that is what is happening with you and it would be like throwing gasoline on a fire for you.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd avoid Vitex in your situation. Personally, I think BD every other day ALL cycle long is ideal for conception, if you can do that. If not, EOD for as long as possible around O and every 3-4 days the rest of the time is still pretty good. And I wouldn't OPK as I find it stressful, but that could be just me. If you do OPK, Wondfo brand from Amazon via Formosa Medical are the best OPKs by far. I'm not a fan of Babi or CB digitals, neither are the right sensitivity or as reliable.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast