Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by maidentomother View Post
    I'm also allergic to spermicide, violently so (my skin everwhere is super sensitive and I can use only a few items from Whole Foods, nothing from conventional drugstores). I'm also allergic to synthetic lubes (I used olive/coconut oil until organic aloe based lubes came out) and very sensitive to latex (not that I think sex with any condom is much worth it).

On the Patch had full blown migraines with aura and crazy visual disturbances, daily, that got increasingly worse until I had a mini stroke after a week. So I get it. Go out of state and get yourself a Paraguard, or try Planned Parenthood. After you have your daughter of course!
    I am done with BC after this baby. I am getting "fixed". Or maybe hubby in case we decide we want another down the road. I really think we will be done though.

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk
    Our family is complete
    My precious babies: 2006 , 2010 2016
    Too beautiful for earth: 2009- (20+5). 2015- (8w), CP, (8w)

Please pardon typos~ Nursing @ keyboard

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by cjolsnr View Post
    Pretty steadily a flow, some days juat spotting, but usually a flow that requires a pad. I can't wait until it's out lol. I constantly feel like I'm being stabbed in the uterus. If this thing causes me trouble TTC I'm going to cry.
    I'm in the same boat as you! I got my mirena in last April (2014) after my youngest son was born (I asked to have the copper one as I was ebf my preemie but she swore the mirena was more reliable) and I have bled or spotted every.single.day since. I'll bleed for 7-10 days, spot for 3-4 then back to bleeding. And I actually won't let myself orgasm any more because the pain is so awful, but my gyno claimed it is perfectly normal to have "some pinching and spotting" throughout the term of the iud so he won't remove it. I'm going to a different gyno to have it removed in August.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Kay~

Oct 2012 Feb 2014 Aug 2016 Due May 2018 and hoping for a little lady!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Copper IUDs are extremely reliable, over 99%! They are the only BC i have not gotten pregnant on. God I HATE how drs push the Mirena. I knkw they're paid to do so but it's still shocking how they push it on even protesting patients who know what they want!

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The most frustrating part was that the hormone levels were enough to kill my breastmilk supply. I had a horrible oversupply with my oldest and when I was pumping for my youngest, and as soon as the mirena was in- within a week I was completely dry despite pumping and nursing round the clock.

~Kay~

Oct 2012 Feb 2014 Aug 2016 Due May 2018 and hoping for a little lady!

5. Thanks maidentomother thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by maidentomother View Post
    Copper IUDs are extremely reliable, over 99%! They are the only BC i have not gotten pregnant on. God I HATE how drs push the Mirena. I knkw they're paid to do so but it's still shocking how they push it on even protesting patients who know what they want!
    agree totally that even good docs push the Mirena. Ugh so frustrating.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by cjolsnr View Post
    I'm going to be getting my mirena out this month & starting TTC baby #2 in September. How long should it take to start ovulating again? Where's the best place to buy ovulation strips? And has anyone had success with preseed?
    Some people right away, others take weeks or months.

Preseed works very well for people, it may make you more likely to have a boy if you're wanting one.

8. Likes twointow83 liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by has2gentlemen View Post
    I'm in the same boat as you! I got my mirena in last April (2014) after my youngest son was born (I asked to have the copper one as I was ebf my preemie but she swore the mirena was more reliable) and I have bled or spotted every.single.day since. I'll bleed for 7-10 days, spot for 3-4 then back to bleeding. And I actually won't let myself orgasm any more because the pain is so awful, but my gyno claimed it is perfectly normal to have "some pinching and spotting" throughout the term of the iud so he won't remove it. I'm going to a different gyno to have it removed in August.

Augh that's unacceptible, I'm so sorry.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Geesh ladies thanks for telling me this!!! I never had one because I respond bad to hormonal BC in the past, but this really helps me to advise others against this!!!

11. Likes twointow83 liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Geesh ladies thanks for telling me this!!! I never had one because I respond bad to hormonal BC in the past, but this really helps me to advise others against this!!!
    Yes, please do! I would not suggest it to my worst enemy. BCPs made my AFs so heavy they were bordering on hemorage and I'd take it again a thousand times before ever getting the mirena again.

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk
    Our family is complete
    My precious babies: 2006 , 2010 2016
    Too beautiful for earth: 2009- (20+5). 2015- (8w), CP, (8w)

Please pardon typos~ Nursing @ keyboard

13. Likes atomic sagebrush, maidentomother liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123