Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Getting mirena out, any tips?

I'm going to be getting my mirena out this month & starting TTC baby #2 in September. How long should it take to start ovulating again? Where's the best place to buy ovulation strips? And has anyone had success with preseed?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Don't take my experience to heart because back then my hormones were crazy... seriously out of balance, but for me my first cycle post-mirena was over 100 days long, and I finally had to induce AF with a progesterone script. The next cycle I O'd on CD 35.

As for the rest, I like to get my OPKs online at either saveontests.com or ebay. I used preseed while TTC my 2nd and 3rd and I can't say 100% that it worked but I definitely don't think it hurt. After dealing with secondary inf for 2 years TTC my 2nd I think the 1-2-3 punch of having clomid left in my system from the previous cycle and using preseed and mucinex are what helped me get preg. With my 3rd I also used mucinex and preseed and conceived our 3rd month TTC (5 months after loss).
    Our family is complete
    My precious babies: 2006 , 2010 2016
    Too beautiful for earth: 2009- (20+5). 2015- (8w), CP, (8w)

Please pardon typos~ Nursing @ keyboard

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Probably should mention I've only had mirena since June 2nd & am having so many complications I want it out & we decided to add to our family anyway I'm not sure if the length you've been on mirena effects ttc at all.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I had mine for 6 god-awful months! I called it my intrauterine DEMON, lol. I had issues from the day it was put in until the day it was taken out!! I had a 6 month long migraine that my doc swore couldn't have been caused by the mirena, lo and behold the day it was gone, so were my migraines. It also hurt like heck! They say you aren't supposed to feel it but I sure did! I had it checked time and time again but it was always in the right position, but it always felt like it was scratching my insides and after a few months (and pardon the upcoming TMI) I did NOT look forward to climax as each and every time I would get a spit second of the good feelings followed immediately feeling like I was being ripped apart from the inside. It was nearly a year after getting that thing out before I could finally have a climax without pain. Getting that thing put in was the worst decision I ever made and getting it taken out definitely ranks in the top 10 (below my husband and kids of course )

Given the fact it has only been a month I don't foresee it causing a lot of issues for you but I am no doctor nor am I a fortune teller, lol. Each woman will react differently.
    Our family is complete

5. Thanks maidentomother, atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have always considered the Mirena evil...just from what I know aboit it, stories I've heard, and bc I'm very anti hormonal BC. I also hate how drs push the Mirena over the copper IUDs, which I LOVED.

Are you swaying pink or blue?

If you're in the US, Wondfo OPKs sold on amazon via Formosa Medical are by far the best strips.
    Last edited by maidentomother; July 3rd, 2015 at 05:51 AM.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after removìng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by maidentomother View Post
    I have always considered the Mirena evil...just from what I know aboit it, stories I've heard, and bc I'm very anti hormonal BC. I also hate how drs push the Mirena over the copper IUDs, which I LOVED.

If you're in the US, Wondfo OPKs sold on amazon via Formosa Medical are by far the best strips.
    Not to thread jack, just wanted to agree. I have a lot of issues with hormonal BC, I am very sensitive to it. I had requested the copper but I live in the "bible belt" so my doc's office is anti-copper because they said it "doesn't prevent conception, just implantation". Don't know why that makes it bad, women conceive all the time without implantation
    Our family is complete

8. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by twointow83 View Post
    I had mine for 6 god-awful months! I called it my intrauterine DEMON, lol. I had issues from the day it was put in until the day it was taken out!! I had a 6 month long migraine that my doc swore couldn't have been caused by the mirena, lo and behold the day it was gone, so were my migraines. It also hurt like heck! They say you aren't supposed to feel it but I sure did! I had it checked time and time again but it was always in the right position, but it always felt like it was scratching my insides and after a few months (and pardon the upcoming TMI) I did NOT look forward to climax as each and every time I would get a spit second of the good feelings followed immediately feeling like I was being ripped apart from the inside. It was nearly a year after getting that thing out before I could finally have a climax without pain. Getting that thing put in was the worst decision I ever made and getting it taken out definitely ranks in the top 10 (below my husband and kids of course )

Given the fact it has only been a month I don't foresee it causing a lot of issues for you but I am no doctor nor am I a fortune teller, lol. Each woman will react differently.
    Wow! I'm glad It's not just me who has pain with orgasms with mirena. I thought I was losing it LOL. I can't wait to get the damn thing out. I'm in constant pain & it gave me pelvic inflammatory disease.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by maidentomother View Post

We're swaying pink! Have an almost 2 year old son and want a girl this time

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by cjolsnr View Post
    Wow! I'm glad It's not just me who has pain with orgasms with mirena. I thought I was losing it LOL. I can't wait to get the damn thing out. I'm in constant pain & it gave me pelvic inflammatory disease.
    I thought I was losing it too since I kept being told that it was fine and shouldn't be causing any issues. I only kept it as long as I did because my GYN told me to give it a couple more months when I went to him at the 3 month mark, then hubby switched jobs so we didn't have ins for a month. Luckily I avoided PID but I am so glad I got that thing out of me. The ONLY nice thing about it was the AFs, or lack thereof, everything else about that thing was awful. Sorry you are going through that Glad it's going to be taken care of... Oh and btw just a heads up, I had a 10 day AF after it was taken out so don't be surprised if AF lasts a bit longer the first month.
    Our family is complete

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by twointow83 View Post
    I thought I was losing it too since I kept being told that it was fine and shouldn't be causing any issues. I only kept it as long as I did because my GYN told me to give it a couple more months when I went to him at the 3 month mark, then hubby switched jobs so we didn't have ins for a month. Luckily I avoided PID but I am so glad I got that thing out of me. The ONLY nice thing about it was the AFs, or lack thereof, everything else about that thing was awful. Sorry you are going through that Glad it's going to be taken care of... Oh and btw just a heads up, I had a 10 day AF after it was taken out so don't be surprised if AF lasts a bit longer the first month.
    I've not stopped bleeding longer than a day since I got it haha.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast