Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Atomic. Yep, given my circumstances, I think I will just go with this this cycle and hope and pray for the best. When we DTD 3 days in a row from first pos OPK, will there be sperm going in by that third day? Sorry if I sound very ignorant. I'm guessing there will be, but just not as much as on the first of the three days? I hope this works. I feel like time is running out otherwise and sometimes I can hear my obs voice in my head telling me 'your odds of a miscarriage are much more likely than that of a live born baby at the end of it' etc, etc, which makes me feel very afraid and as though I am being selfish in wanting to try for one more. But I don't feel selfish. I am just wanting one last decent shot at trying to give our one daughter a sister (and her brothers as well of course). I had three sisters so I just wanted one sister for her. Is that so wrong? I am just a bit of a pessimist by nature I guess as well so I worry about the worst case scenarios of me getting pregnant again - another awful miscarriage and possibly leaving my 3 kids without me, or having a baby with some sort of issues. Can anyone or anything make me feel better about all of this? I am praying daily for strength, hope, belief and positivity. Xx
    2008 2010 2012 August 2015 at 10 weeks and CP June 2016 2019. My longed-for baby girl (DD2) arrived into the world safe and sound on 13th June 2019 . We named her Lucia Anna Catalina. I still can't believe she is here and often have to pinch myself. I am one VERY blessed Mumma. She also has a dimple like her big sister.

http://FertilityFriend.com/home/57bc03

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't think this issue has anything to do with age. FWIW, I don't think you're taking a crazy risk, 1moregirl, but I do wonder if your desire for a 2nd daughter is more of a motivating factor for you than your desire to give your DD1 a sister. But I hope you get a girl no matter what your reasons! You don't need to justify your wishes, hopes and dreams IMO.

I don't think more pink intended to upset you, i think rather she posted out of concern for you and your family, but I know text without tone of voice can come across harshly.
    Last edited by maidentomother; March 31st, 2016 at 01:58 PM.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

3. Thanks 1moregirl thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok. Deleted some posts. I don't like doing that and in fact I will NOT do it as a general rule.

Let's all come together in friendship and support here ladies. On the one hand, we are ALL in situations where someone from the outside looking in can always say "I don't think you should be doing that" and since we're all in that boat it would be great if even when we have concerns (short of someone that is really doing something that is very likely to harm them or others) we keep them to ourselves. On the other hand when we put ourselves out there asking for thoughts, we do open ourselves up for criticism as well and sometimes people mean it not as an attack but just as food for thought.. AGain, I don't love deleting posts or playing referee (and I won't most of the time) so let's all embrace our inner Elsas and "let it go".
    Last edited by atomic sagebrush; March 31st, 2016 at 03:04 PM.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

5. Thanks 1moregirl thanked for this post
    Likes XXforhubby liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes around positive OPK the sperm can survive inside. So you have a viable batch all three days and while it does deplete it a little, it isn't much and since all the days have a viable shot then it accumulates.

I can't answer your questions about what the right thing to do is. As you know I've been there too and I know a lot of people thought I was a fool for having a baby when I was 42. But then again, there are ladies who smoke during pregnancy, or have ongoing health issues, or are very overweight, or are in a bad sitch for any number of reasons but have babies anyway. The heart wants what it wants and something can always go wrong at any age.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

7. Thanks 1moregirl thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry you had to delete posts and play referee Atomic. I'll just post in the 'Later Mums' section from now on so as to avoid situations like this.
    2008 2010 2012 August 2015 at 10 weeks and CP June 2016 2019. My longed-for baby girl (DD2) arrived into the world safe and sound on 13th June 2019 . We named her Lucia Anna Catalina. I still can't believe she is here and often have to pinch myself. I am one VERY blessed Mumma. She also has a dimple like her big sister.

http://FertilityFriend.com/home/57bc03

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12