Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Guanefesin can be taken any time starting after AF ends and continuing thru 3 days past ovulation. I typically have people start it about 5 days before they expect O and continue till O day though just because it gets expensive and I've never seen any difference in results.

Both LE Diet and coming off the birth control pill can cause lower hormones. It's not unusual for women to take 9-12 months to regulate cycles after coming off the pill (especially having been on it a long time). So it may be that it was initially short from coming off the pill, and then this was exacerbated by LE. Also, something I've seen is that women's periods when on the pill OR their memory of their cycles when they were younger before the pill, were heavier than their normal cycles really are, so it seems like a lightening of the cycle. As an example when I was in high school my periods were 5-7 days long and cycles irregular, sometimes lasting months, and then I went onto the BCP and came off it and my cycles regulated at 28 days with much, much lighter periods. I conceived 5 kids with those lighter periods so it wasn't that anything was wrong, just that it had changed from what it was prior to the pill (and when I was younger).

The way the lining works is that estrogen causes it to grow until ovulation, then progesterone maintains it for about 7 days, and then more estrogen is released to sustain it another 7 days or so. So the most likely culprit is that you are lower in estrogen and not building a good lining and also then cannot make enough estrogen to sustain the lining another 7 days and thus may have or develop a shorter LP too.

Do not lose any more weight.

Why are you on Metformin?? Sorry if I should know this but I'm not spotting it in a quick scan of this page. I need to know this before I reply to your questions about white vs. whole grain.

I want you on full fat dairy ONLY. NO skim dairy for you.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I honestly can't recall much about my cycles before birth control except I know I was never regular and would go months between having periods in high school. But I am not really comparing to the past now, I just don't think it is normal to have a period that lasts only 1 day (actual blood for about 12 hours, rest spotting).

My LP hasn't been affected yet. I have consistently had about a 13-15 day LP. It has never been shorter than 13 since off birth control.

I am on the Metformin because doctor said it would help with my hormone imbalances and severe PMS moods. I did a fasting blood test and I did NOT should any signs of insulin resistance, but my T levels were very high and my estrogen was high (test was 5dpo).

She prescribed progesterone from O-AF too, but I didn't take it because you said it really doesn't help and I was afraid it would throw off my cycle even more. Doc said to take it from 2 days after my +OPK until AF comes but from what I read you won't get AF if you keep taking it. Is that true? Should I take the progesterone this next cycle? She RX that even before blood work and said it would help my extreme PMS because I thought I was going to lose my mind the first few months off BC. I hate how I feel being off the BC but it is much better now than the first three months.

Thank you for taking the time to respond. I really appreciate it!
    Last edited by GirlieCat; September 20th, 2016 at 05:35 PM.
    Pregnant with baby GIRL #2, due August 2019
    Successful girl sway, born in 2017.

3. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes that was how I was too. Just completely unpredictable and that is normal for girls that age group.

I would have your lining checked to see how it is. I hesitate to comment on "normal" because there is a WIDE variety of normal.

If your T is high then you should be on Met and I recommend the alternate diet with whole grains for you.

I am not a fan of progesterone, but you gotta do what you feel comfortable with. Yes, the majority of people will not get AF till they stop prog which puts you in a limbo zone where you are not sure if you should stop it. The data indicates it does nothing to help anyone with a relatively normal LP, get or stay pregnant. But that's not my choice, it's yours to make of course. I am not convinced it does anything to help with PMS as mine is BAD when I'm higher in prog (from O through about a week after) and then incredibly improved after that and I also have PMS-type symptoms in pregnancy when my prog is thru the roof.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    CD3 blood work came back and doc says everything looks good. Is she right? (I don't trust her very much)

TSH- 1.33
    T4-free- 1.0
    FSH- 6.5
    Estradiol- 66

She is just an normal OBGYN so she didn't order some of the other numbers I am used to seeing in the pre-testing for IVF. Ultrasound showed cysts on my ovaries, but they said nothing too large and there is nothing they can do about them anyway. I just got the results over the phone and emailed to me so I didn't get to ask more questions.
    Pregnant with baby GIRL #2, due August 2019
    Successful girl sway, born in 2017.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree, everything looks good although it would have been nice to get AMH. My RE also did Antral Follicle Count, LH, and Prolactin. When do you get the sperm results?

FSH: In general, under 6 is excellent, 6-9 is good, 9-10 fair, 10-13 diminished reserve, 13+ very hard to stimulate.
    Estradiol: 25-75 is considered normal. Levels on the lower end tend to be better for stimulating.
    28 years old, successful blue sway for baby #1 born June 2017!
    Swayed pink and expecting blue September 2019. HT for pink in 2020?

7. Likes GirlieCat, atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Your numbers do look totally normal to me as well. The CD 3 tests are not as thorough as some but I'd be happy with those.

9. Likes GirlieCat liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12