Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Interpreting ultrasound results cd9

So I had my ultrasound scan on cd 9 to check for cysts or fibroids. My gp just read the report, no cysts or masses which is good but she couldn't tell me much about the results other than that. I am hoping some of you knowledgeable ladies may be able to tell me if these results are normal or something I need to follow up with a gynaecologist. My endometrial thickness is 7 mm at cd9 and my right ovarian volume is 2cc (Google is telling me this is very small) and left is 5.6cc. There is a dominant follicle on the left. Are these volumes too small and does that mean I am going to struggle to conceive naturally? Any advice would be appreciated as my gp is not going to follow this up any further.

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Your Antral follicle count is needed for us to help. On day 9, you are outside of the normal range for an afc and a dominant follicle on day nine is normal.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't think they did the afc as were only checking for cysts and fibroids. I shouldn't google as what I read scares me. From what I read an ovarian volume of less than 3cc is insufficient ovarian reserve. So basically my right ovary is no longer working

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The follicle growing is on your left. It has shut down growth on your right by design. Day 9 is not the appropriate time to assess any of this. Google is not a medical doctor. You can make crazy assumptions from an exam done on day nine that didn't really focus on anything other than if you had a cyst. That's all this was good for. We don't do anything on day 9!
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

5. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks nuthinbutpink, I will stop stressing and over-analysing. I know Google is not a medical dr (still can't help myself occasionally). Just wanted to be sure I don't need to get my gp to refer me further. I will just wait the next three months and see what happens and then get things investigated further down the track if need be. Thanks for taking the time to set me straight nuthinbutpink, I really appreciate it

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you nuthin!! I think I answered this in another spot but I did want to reiterate the lining was normal for CD9.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ