Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

dealing with emotions

Those who are having a hard time TTC, how do you handle friends who announce they are pregnant? In the last 2 months, I have had 3 friends become pregnant. Now, of course I am very happy for them but I am soooo sad and heartbroken for myself. I cried for a while tonight. I just don't understand what is going on. I mean with my first 2 pregnancies, I had no problem whatsoever getting pregnant and my youngest is only 2. I don't know what could be going so wrong. I just feel sad. Just needed to vent somewhere. I just never imagined it would be taking so long for #3.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

dealing with emotions

I too have been ttcing #3 for awhile, 4 months and 5 cycles now. Both of my boys were conceived right away. Part of me is glad it is taking awhile, because I feel I am doing the girl sway well. The other part of me is learning to be patient and go with the flow.

I have had 3 people get pregnant in my circle of family and friends. It is the family that affect me more, because I can't avoid them as often. I let myself have the time I need to be sad, but then I pull myself together and remember that it will happen for me in time. This waiting patiently must be something I need to learn, so I am trying to master it.

Hang in there and know we are here for each other 😊!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    How long have you been TTC for djmommy? I didn't have any close friends get pregnant when I was trying, but I did find it hard to be on here with lots of ladies getting there BFP and me getting BFN!! It took me four cycles but I was on diet for 7 months , I had to skip a few months as DH had a burst appendix. I had no trouble with my first 2 both conceived first time!
    I'm now 22 weeks with DD so don't get too down ( I know its easier said than done!) Your dream could just be around the corner!
    Things that helped me was taking a break from this forum, pinterest, easy watching television, cheats when I got a BFN, talking to a few friends that it took a bit longer for them to conceive, retail therapy !!
    Xxx

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the support ladies. I am on my 10th cycle now. I am 38 so time is definitely not on my side. I also had an HSG 7 months into TTC and it revealed that I supposedly had blocked tubes but they were able to open one. I have no idea how on earth that could have happened. I am really hoping this month is it. It is my 2 month on clomid as well. Last month we did not get much bd in because of sickness. I do feel that it will happen and I am trying to stay positive but sometimes it just hits me hard and hurts.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm 36 DJ so yeah I know what you mean, 10 cycles is a long time sending you positive sticky baby vibes hope this is your month p.s is there anything you are doing that you can drop? Like antihistamines, jump and dump etc, I ended up doing every four days with an additional attempt at opk which I was really nervous about but I had to accept that I might go on and on TTC and still end up with another boy. Good luck I will be looking for your BFP Xx

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by kitkat18 View Post
    I'm 36 DJ so yeah I know what you mean, 10 cycles is a long time sending you positive sticky baby vibes hope this is your month p.s is there anything you are doing that you can drop? Like antihistamines, jump and dump etc, I ended up doing every four days with an additional attempt at opk which I was really nervous about but I had to accept that I might go on and on TTC and still end up with another boy. Good luck I will be looking for your BFP Xx
    I was thinking the same...10 cycles is a long time, would you consider dropping something? Do you have a custom plan?
    Sept 2008 & successful boy sway June 2010.
    M/C Oct 2012

Is DE in my future?

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I only have been on the diet for 2 cycles actually. I am on the atomic fertility diet and am only doing folate 1600 mg, COQ10 100mg. Nothing else, no j and d or any other supps. I was back and forth for a while on the gender sway. After I had my HSG done I really wanted to try hard to sway. I have been really good on the diet. We have been bd every 4 days this cycle. I may start every other day until positive opk, then bd day of positive opk and definitely the day after. Or should I stick with every 4 days until pos opk?
    Atomic has been awesome and super helpful. Any other ideas?? PLEASE!!
    Last edited by djmommy; December 2nd, 2014 at 02:32 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would stick with BD every 4 days and an additional attempt at positive opk. I would do this too, but I get my first positive opk usually when we are due to BD on the fourth day. I have been adding another attempt on day 3 after the positive opk in case my surge was long.

GL to you! I hope you get your BFP soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I still think you should KNOW if the tube is open or not via a dye test AND you should have an u/s each month to see if you even have a follicle growing on the side that is supposedly open! Half of the months, you probably never had a chance if the growing follickes were on the side that is blocked!

You have to take control and be your own advocate!! Why are they blocked is a great place to start! What's the cause? Is it an infection? Fibroids? Endometriosis? Is the condition causing the blockage also affecting your pregnancy chances?
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Nuthinbutpink, yes you are right. If only it were that easy. When I had the dye test, one tube was opened, supposedly. I only have an OB right now. I had made an appt for a consult with an RE but the fee was $450, not doable right now. This will be the last cycle trying and if we do not conceive, I told DH that I want a consult with a RE for Christmas. Because obviously for health concerns, something isn't right. I am just praying that is no the case.
    Everyone keeps telling me to be patient and it will happen. I have been trying to be patient but I can't waste anymore time.
    Last edited by djmommy; December 2nd, 2014 at 03:33 PM.