Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

14wks 4days accurate gender determination?

I'm going for a scan when I'm 14 wks & 4 days. The tech assured me that gender would be pretty obvious by then. It's an elective ultrasound place & this is all they do. Is it really pretty accurate at that point? I read the ultrasound study regarding gender determination by week here Ultrasound gender study - how accurate are fetal sex determination first trimester scans - Baby2see. Do you think it is really that accurate?
    2006 2009
    IT'S A GIRL!!!! Prayed for and expecting a June 2013!!!

"For I know the plans I have for you...plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

"He has made everything beautiful in its time." Ecclesiastes 3:11

‘The lot is cast into the lap but every decision is wholly of the Lord’ (Proverbs 16:33). In Hebrew it reads;‘Even the events that seem accidental are really ordered by Him’.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I had an elective scan done for both my boys at 15 wks 4 days. Was accurate for me. I heard by 12wks sex organs are developed but to save their butt, these pple say 15 wks. Not sure about 14 wks). When r u scheduled? GL
    2008 2010
    praying and swaying for a

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think it is only as accurate/reliable as the person doing the scan. Get as many pics as you can and a video if possible
    Love My 4

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think a far bit should be obvious by then. You'd have to have a bad tech to not pick things up well by almost 15 weeks. Or a really uncooperative baby. Lol. If it was me, I wouldn't just take their word for it on gender though, I would actually get them to physically SHOW ME the gender and explain why they think it's that particular gender. That way you don't have to wonder if they had it right, you are more informed.
    2005 2007 2011 2013

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Your tech sounds confident, just ask the reasons behind her prediction, make sure she tells you exactly why she thinks girl or boy.