Thread: Any guesses?

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Any guesses?

Here's some more guessing fun for today!

We are having our second baby, our first was a boy (very easy to tell in ultrasounds!).

We have been told this baby is both a boy and a girl...on first 2d U/S tech saw nothing, after having a good look, and thought it was a girl. During the second routine scan at our doctor's a few days later we were told 'oh its definitely a boy' after a 5 second look. Then in our 3d scan on the weekend we managed to get this photo...but no conclusive evidence as bub refused to shift anything but head or hands! (This was taken after almost an hour of trying to convince little uncooperative to put legs up!). The lady doing the 3d scan said she thought it was a boy. Now I don't know!

Best guesses anyone? Sorry for the fuzzy shot, you know what babies are like...never still!

Thanks guys!

Name:  boy bits.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  12.8 KB

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You need a 2D scan to tell gender, sorry! How far along were you when you had the first and second ultrasounds?

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after removìng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by maidentomother View Post
    You need a 2D scan to tell gender, sorry! How far along were you when you had the first and second ultrasounds?
    20 weeks for both - we had the main scan and the 3d one booked for the same week. 3d lady seems to think she could tell - no indication on 2d at all!!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Can't tell with this image. Gender ID shouldn't be done with 3D images
    1 DS and 2 due October 11 team green!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by kaseybaby View Post
    Can't tell with this image. Gender ID shouldn't be done with 3D images
    Thanks anyway guys! This wasnt the gender ID scan, this was the only picture I had of that area - we had the gender scan as a normal ultrasound like I mentioned in my first post, and then the second ultrasound was also a normal one. I just dont have any pictures and was hoping someone might like to hazard a guess based on the only image i do have - this one!