Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Devastated

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mrs _Incredible my scan was two weeks after yours though, I think by this time they should be able to tell, especially a 3d scan. With my first they told us even before, at 13 weeks! Thanks for trying to make me feel better, but I don't think that's the case with me.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I totally understand. If mine had been a boy I'd believe it was because i could tell in the 12th week, after all i saw a potty shot iykwim? I'd prepare for boy confirmation, but definitely get checked again 17+ weeks because it is still early and girls protrude too. Hugs xxx
    OUR GENDER DREAMING SUCCESS!!
    BFP 11 dpo on FRER, ttc pink month 4, (following blighted ovum in February 2014) HB seen 6+0!!! WOW harmony test says GIRL 17/05/14 ... Please let it be true!!! Confirmed GIRL @ 30/05/14 / 16+1 gender scan!!
    Baby girl E arrived 30/10/14, our family is complete
    Thank you atomic
    2003 2007 2011 (IG "failed" sway, TTC#3 mc month 6, mc month 8, dropped all swaying month 11 - BFP!! Blessed with a gorgeous baby boy) due 13 November 2014

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    They develop at different rates which is why most techs wont say 100% without blood confirmation until 21 weeks or later. I could have used the angle theory on my son and said girl up til almost 18 weeks! It may or may not have happened at this point just never know with each ones unique development. Do you have the 3D one to load up and maybe we can give you a better indicator?
    Apr 2012 June 2015

Our family is complete!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree with NBP. Also, I thought ylu can't use 3D to detect gender, that it MUST be 2D ultrasound? Regardless I think it could very well be a girl. Fx for you.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Nahri- That is the only picture they gave us, honestly, I wasn't looking because I was too nervous! But DH said that was the only shot she got. I think the picture looks kind of blurry, but it does look like a little turtle

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm sorry Tania. I wish I had all the answers for everyone. Congrats on a beautiful boy though.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm so sorry, I too swayed hard and prayed a lot and still got a precious baby boy who has stolen my heart.
    DS1 DS2 DS3

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm sorry you didn't hear pink. I disagree with a few others...he looks all boy.
    praying and swaying

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Charliecats from IG (an ultrasound tech) posted a sticky on their forum about why 14 weeks is literally the WORST time for gender scans. She even posted pictures of her own daughter looking like she had a penis at 14 weeks.

I am NOT saying that you shouldn't be prepared to hear that it's really a boy at a later scan, but I wouldn't put anything into this scan. According to the ultrasound techs on IG (and the few I know IRL,) 18-22 weeks gestation is the best time for an accurate potty shot in 2D only (3D can give weird images for gender.) After that, girl parts can become swollen and look like boy parts, and boy parts can get squished and hidden as space gets tighter in there.

Honestly, a 13 week nub shot would be more accurate than the 14 week potty shot. Good luck!
    My Gender Dream came true, my family is complete!

2007 2011 2014

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you LilithWiser... do you think you could send me the link to that post, I would love to read it. Don't wanna get my hopes high, but I like to be informed.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast