Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That is terrible!! I am so glad your Dr referred you. Unfortunately in my small town they don't give you a CD or anything. All I have is this one pic I posted and a shot of the baby's feet and face. I am really starting to wonder though with what my OB Dr said.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah sadly no clue on that one. Skull theory says girl though. If you are able to get a rescan or even pay for a private look into those options if you must know before baby is born. I have a private scheduled for 15 weeks and Im not leaving until they show me WHY they say what they say. Im sorry you had such a bad experience I had the same with DS. The tech told me boy and sent me home with "proof" that was not of boy parts... She may have seen the bits on another shot but not the one she sent me home with. We had him confirmed with a private as well. I showed the old pics to the private studio and she said what she sent me home with was definitely not the gender!
    Apr 2012 June 2015

Our family is complete!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Nahri, thanks for responding! The skull looks like a girl you think? How accurate do you think the skull theory is? It's terrible to have such a bad experience...I am also sorry you had a bad one as well. I am so conflicted..I just don't know who to believe ...the tech or the possibility of the tech having made a mistake and the OB saying 50,50. When I look at the pic i posted it kind of looks like 3 lines in the nub area doesn't it? I know you can't accurately predict by profile at 21 weeks....but is that the cord then?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I just want to leave my experience here, in case it helps. I had a scan with one of my children at 20 weeks. We told the tech we didnt want to see gender and that we wanted to be able to show the DVD of the scan around to family, so if she could avoid the gender area as much as possible and shut off the video ****** if she needed potty shots (so they wouldn't be included on the DVD). During the entire scan, she never once showed us a clear shot of the gender of the baby and during the femur measurements, she was underneath baby and nothing was notable but a bum. BUT...we knew baby was a boy from a previous scan (we were doing a reveal). And he was a very obvious boy at his earlier scan.

So just because you don't SEE the parts while you are looking and/or you see shots from underneath baby, they can take different angles to prevent you from seeing the scrotum or labia. It doesn't mean much overall, unless you see parts for one gender or the other.

I, personally, would not be satisfied with the "I don't see a penis or scrotum" as a sign that baby was a female. At this point, given the information, I'd count on baby being a boy. But I'd want confirmation before I went crazy on clothes or painted.
    A: "Owner" of the following brood:
    -Our biggest surprise dude (L: 2009)
    -Our rainbow little man (K: 2011)
    -Our sway and pray little diva (J: 2013)
    -Our lucky charm guy (S: 2015)
    We may be done, we may come back for one more sway. Time will tell. At the moment, we are very content with our family!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi hotdogz and boyz, thank you for sharing your experience. I completely understand your point of view and I agree with you. Although, I don't believe I should be confident in a tech who states "I THINK I know what it is." "Think does not seem overly confident to me coming from a professional. I do agree with you that perhaps she just made sure not to include any obvious gender in the scan pics. I am curious as to what it is a "true" potty shot though? In this case we saw the bum and both legs..and they were open..not close together. How could a scrotum be hiding in this case? Would love any feedback from all of you experienced ladies. I know the OB must have looked at the same shots and didn't see a scrotum either...but he didn't say it was a girl either..so obviously confusing.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Bump

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    After researching quite a bit, I am wondering if the shot my husband and I were just "femur shots" and not potty shots...Which would mean gender would be hidden, right? My OB did say he was looking at a "femur shot" and there was no visible scrotum...and there wouldn't be anyways in that shot...right? I am starting to think maybe this is what happened.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12